The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by rats19 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 am [rats quoting IL... :? ]
Maybe it’s good to view the spew
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

rats19 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 am
Spam bot selling fake passports with the handle Dunlop2.
Apparently doc hasn’t seen it.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:35 pm
DunlopP
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

How many did you buy before you figured it out?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I wasn't the mod who was dealing with you today you... [mod edit] :D

EDIT: okay, I see what happened now, damn spam bots lately...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks are picking 4th. Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov are gone. Who you selecting?

Winger - Zadina?
Small super skilled offensive D-man - Boqvist?
Big, skilled, well rounded D-man - Bouchard?

I'm going with Bouchard
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Boqvist. He reminds me most of Karlsson.

We desperately need D in the system.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 am The Canucks are picking 4th. Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov are gone. Who you selecting?

Winger - Zadina?
Small super skilled offensive D-man - Boqvist?
Big, skilled, well rounded D-man - Bouchard?

I'm going with Bouchard
Hardest question of the day.

I might try to trade back a spot or two to team deep on D prospects who really want the uber sniper Zadina.
But the teams behind us could very well be the Oilers, Habs and Redwings who could use Boqvist and Bouchard as well ha, just maybe the Panthers will take a forward over those two dmen.
I know the Habs would kill to get Bouchard like they were for Dubois, so maybe we can get a 2nd and their pick for #4.

That said thanks to the Junior Championships, Zadina stock went way up, could be 3rd overall - he's the best sniper this draft, plus don't the Sens do well with Czechs?

Potential mock draft:
AZ - Dahlin
Sabres - Svechnikov
Sens - Zadina
Canucks - Tkachuk
Oilers - Boqvist
Habs - Bouchard
Panthers - Wahlstrom
Redwings - Hughes
Hawks - Lunderstrom
NYR - Dobson
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'd be shocked if Tkachuk doesn't go 2nd overall. Zadina isn't what the Canucks are in need of - another winger to go with the billions of wingers already in the system, gotta go with Boqvist or Bouchard. Dahlin Tkachuk and Svechnikov are BPA at 1, 2 and 3. Not much seperation between Zadina, Boqvist and Bouchard

Bouchard is from Oakville Ontario isn't he? Only French by last name
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am I'd be shocked if Tkachuk doesn't go 2nd overall.
Why are you so confident Tkachuk will go 2nd? I thought his stock has dropped a little since the beginning of the year and there's no consensus in this year's draft beyond Dahlin going 1st overall. If anything it seems Zadina is the front runner among the pack after Dahlin. Seems impossible to predict without knowing the draft order. Just curious why you're so confident.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rockalt wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am I'd be shocked if Tkachuk doesn't go 2nd overall.
Why are you so confident Tkachuk will go 2nd? I thought his stock has dropped a little since the beginning of the year and there's no consensus in this year's draft beyond Dahlin going 1st overall. If anything it seems Zadina is the front runner among the pack after Dahlin. Seems impossible to predict without knowing the draft order. Just curious why you're so confident.
Yeah I tend to agree, I think Svechnikov and Zadina will go 2nd, 3rd maybe swap spots, their elite scoring skills will be hard to turn down.

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am Zadina isn't what the Canucks are in need of - another winger to go with the billions of wingers already in the system, gotta go with Boqvist or Bouchard. Dahlin Tkachuk and Svechnikov are BPA at 1, 2 and 3. Not much seperation between Zadina, Boqvist and Bouchard

Bouchard is from Oakville Ontario isn't he? Only French by last name
Yup from Ontario, but after some sleuthing on google I found out that his father is from Montreal.
https://translate.google.ca/translate?s ... t=&act=url
"Bouchard was playing a little in the shadows in recent years, but now he's showing how good he is," Mete said. I saw him mature from his first season. He is bigger and stronger, and he always works on the little things he can improve after workouts. He is very dedicated. "

At the rate things are going at the Habs, we should not be surprised if Bouchard found his driver in the near future, this time in the streets of Montreal. (Mete used to drive Bouchard around)

If the trend continues, the defender whose father is from the city should hear his name among the top 10 in June.

"I tell him since his first season that he will be drafted in the top 10," said Mete with a smile. It would not be a surprise to me at all. "
Yeah I'd be happy with either LD QB Boqvist or RD QB Bouchard.

Sharks post sorta comparing Bouchard to Burns with all the shots EB takes and hits the net, a good read.
https://www.fearthefin.com/2018/1/30/16 ... defenseman
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If you weren't impressed with Tkachuks game at the WJC's then get off the glue. Even ole Ray Ferraro says he's taking Thachuk 2nd overall. Scouts say he projects to be a better player in the NHL than his brother and possesses a better all around game. The Canucks have enough skilled shooter types in the system but could use some grit/skill in the top 6 of our forward group. The Russian factor sacres me with Svechnikov and wasn't all that impressive at the WJC's. Zadina is a bit one dimensional shooter type, I worry he could be this drafts Yakupov. You simply cannot go wrong with Tkachuk. I'm still taking Svechnikov ahead of Zadina, Boqvist and Bouchard, too much too like about his game but I'm taking one of Bouchard or Boqvist ahead Zadina.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think it's due to Tkachuk's play outside of the junior championships that has him slip to #4 or #5 - in college first year so far: 29gp 7g 16a 23pts.

A lot of mock drafts (dobber's, SN, Steve Kournianos among many others) have svechnikov/zadina 2 & 3.

That said IF Tkachuk is available to the Canucks when we pick, gotta think we take him over Boqvist, Bouchard no?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Skyo, Zadina is not getting drafted ahead of Tkachuk.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's simply a marvel that the Oilers are in the running for their 5th 1st overall draft pick in the last 8 drafts. In those 8 years there was also a 3rd overall pick and a 7th overall pick. Just disgusting. The league needs to use all its might to stop the Coil from walking out of this draft with a Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov or a Zadina