The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:15 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:12 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:10 pm Taychooks talking like Brady may go back to college. I think the decision is based upon where he wants to play. He may stay in college to become an UFA in a few years.
So might Hughes
The kid wants to play. I bet he waits to see if he makes the canucks before committing to college unless JB makes it clear they want him to develop outside of the bigs
Point being that Brady isn’t any more likely than anyone else to stay in college to become a UFA
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:51 pm Islanders clean up

Two players I’d have no problem with Vancouver taking.
Agreed 100% - and two players I'm glad aren't on the Flames!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Poor Flames. Could have really added to their prospect pool. Islanders thank you very much. Islanders also own their 2019 2nd round pick, lol!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 pm Apparently the Canuck brass were not impressed with Hughes after their sit down interview/meet with him at the combine. Curious as to why?
This is hard to reconcile in light of their eventual pick. Something change their minds? Smokescreen rumour? Not expecting him to be available, and preparing the fan-base to warm up to whomever they did pick?
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

I call smokescreen, myself.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 am
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 pm Apparently the Canuck brass were not impressed with Hughes after their sit down interview/meet with him at the combine. Curious as to why?
This is hard to reconcile in light of their eventual pick. Something change their minds? Smokescreen rumour? Not expecting him to be available, and preparing the fan-base to warm up to whomever they did pick?
It’s peculiar. It’s obviously a smokescreen. When the Red Wings called out Zadina the entire Canuck brass looked like they just orgasmed all over Kate Beckinsdale.

Not too mention that Hughes was very well spoken in the interviews afterwards. A smokescreen like how Benning said they were going to draft a centre with the 2nd pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kate Beckinsale?

What about Gillian Guess or Ann Drennan?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:24 am Kate Beckinsale?

What about Gillian Guess or Ann Drennan?
:lol:

That has to be my favorite dude-o-erotic tale from this here virtual messageboard world.
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 am
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 am
It’s peculiar. It’s obviously a smokescreen. When the Red Wings called out Zadina the entire Canuck brass looked like they just orgasmed all over Kate Beckinsdale.

Not too mention that Hughes was very well spoken in the interviews afterwards. A smokescreen like how Benning said they were going to draft a centre with the 2nd pick
Did you hear Burke saying Papa Hughes told him that Benning said Quinn won't fall past us?

Though I never heard the bad interview rumor other than here, were the radio knobs reporting that?
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Weisbrod is tight with Hughes’ dad. They go back a long way.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Did Benning trade his 6th pick? Can’t see the pick on the SN tracker.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lancer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:21 am Did Benning trade his 6th pick? Can’t see the pick on the SN tracker.
Yes

Verified account

@Canucks
1m1 minute ago
More
We've traded the 161st pick for Washington's 186th selection this year and their 6th round pick in 2019.

Benning loading up for 2019. LOL
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

And so it begins - 2019! Keep going Jimbro!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:29 am
Lancer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:21 am Did Benning trade his 6th pick? Can’t see the pick on the SN tracker.
Yes

Verified account

@Canucks
1m1 minute ago
More
We've traded the 161st pick for Washington's 186th selection this year and their 6th round pick in 2019.

Benning loading up for 2019. LOL
Bubble on suicide watch
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Utunen spent the entire season playing against men. He played 11 games in Liiga and was held pointless. But he also played 28 games in Mestis and scored 12 points there. Utunen is an average-sized (5-11, 172) puck-moving defenseman, and he’s also pretty decent defensively. He just doesn’t have any real high-end tools which limits his upside. Utunen captained the Finnish team to gold at the U18 Worlds, and he played big minutes in all situations for that team.

-from dobbers prospects

Meh...fishing for late bloomers.
If you need air...call it in