Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Locked
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am
Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.
So you have it on good word that Benning is lying? Agenda much?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10505
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:17 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am
Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.
So you have it on good word that Benning is lying? Agenda much?
I didn’t say that. Again this is where an English teacher would come in handy..... I said of course he would say that considering the sweetheart contract he gave to the stringy, soft, 30 point horse not to be confused with a Getzlaf or Kopitar horse that he was brought in to go head to head with LOL let that sink in for a bit. Not to mention trading an equal far cheaper player and a better draft pick to acquire Bird Bones in the first place. Benning is perhaps justifying the contract by maybe laying it on a bit thick.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 pm

"Of course Benning will say that" - Bubbles Agenda McKenzie
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9595
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Topper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am
Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.
So you have it on good word that Benning is lying? Agenda much?
Bubble is receptive to innuendo
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Topper wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am
Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.
So you have it on good word that Benning is lying? Agenda much?
Bubble is receptive to innuendo
..,Gaslighting. Ad Hominems etc., Bubbles is like a sociopath. His agenda is making a monster out of him
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9125
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Andre Burakovsky seems to be on the outs with the Caps, plus he needs a new RFA contract this offseason, and with the Capitals wanting to shore up their defense, I wonder if a change of scenery trade could be worked with Ben Hutton going to the Caps and Burakovsky going to the Canucks.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5838
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm

SKYO buddy, this one is for you. :P

I'll start by running with your Washington deal and taking it further. If they have interest in Hutton, and have lost interest in Burakovsky and just want to be rid of him, then Hutton + Gagner for Burakovsky + Beagle. I would also see what it would take to get Tom Wilson out of there.

Trade Vanek for whatever you can get. Hope it's as high as a 2nd or 3rd.

Talk to Winnipeg about Trouba. They have no extension in place yet, and early rumours this season were that they might be looking at yet another difficult negotiation. So hypothetically we trade them Tanev + Baertschi + pick for Trouba after working out a trade and sign. This happens either at the deadline or at the draft.

Then find out what Buffalo's plans for Kane are. Tamper like a NSA pro and let it be known that the hometown wants to offer him a deal come July and hope he tests the UFA waters.....there is a good chance that Kane wants to see what offers he can garner anyhow. Offer him the $6Mx6.

See what Baertschi can get.

Re-sign Gudbranson.

Dangle Granlund as bonus piece in any potential trade where it helps.

Find an new home for Nilsson in the off-season.

Sign Sustr as a 6/7 dman.

Kane ($6M) - Horvat ($5.5M) - Boeser ($925k)
JVR ($4.75M) - Pettersson ($925k) - Neal ($5.5M)
Burakovsky ($3M) - Sutter ($4.35M) - Virtanen ($1.5M)
Eriksson ($6M) - Beagle ($2M) - Wilson ($2.25M)
Goldobin ($863k)

Edler ($5M) - Trouba ($6M)
Del Zotto ($3M) - Gudbranson ($5M)
Pouliot ($1.25M) - Stecher ($1.5M)
Hickey ($2.5M) Sustr ($1.75M)

Markstrom ($3.66M)
Demko ($925k)

Total cap hit of $74M. That's probably $5M under what it will be next year.
Last edited by Meds on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by TDA Rum » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Dan Riccio


@DanRiccio650
25m25 minutes ago
More
.@FriedgeHNIC notes on ‘Saturday Headlines’ that #Canucks have told teams (including Toronto) if they are serious about Chris Tanev it would take a ‘special offer’

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5838
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 am

Well the Flyers just lost Neuvirth for a while, and Elliot is sidelined for another few weeks. Does Benning have a trade partner in Philadelphia for Nilsson? There aren’t a ton of goalies out there with any kind of NHL experience. Considering where the Flyers are at in the standings, and what Nilsson is capable of bringing, could his value be as much as a 2nd?

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by BladesofSteel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 am

Even a 3rd would be great.

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5838
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 am

BladesofSteel wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 am
Even a 3rd would be great.
Definitely. Just speculating that Philly could follow out of the playoff picture without goaltending. So they might pay more of a premium. From any other team I can’t see the asking price being more than a 4th.

User avatar
vic
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by vic » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Meds wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm
SKYO buddy, this one is for you. :P

I'll start by running with your Washington deal and taking it further. If they have interest in Hutton, and have lost interest in Burakovsky and just want to be rid of him, then Hutton + Gagner for Burakovsky + Beagle. I would also see what it would take to get Tom Wilson out of there.

Trade Vanek for whatever you can get. Hope it's as high as a 2nd or 3rd.

Talk to Winnipeg about Trouba. They have no extension in place yet, and early rumours this season were that they might be looking at yet another difficult negotiation. So hypothetically we trade them Tanev + Baertschi + pick for Trouba after working out a trade and sign. This happens either at the deadline or at the draft.

Then find out what Buffalo's plans for Kane are. Tamper like a NSA pro and let it be known that the hometown wants to offer him a deal come July and hope he tests the UFA waters.....there is a good chance that Kane wants to see what offers he can garner anyhow. Offer him the $6Mx6.

See what Baertschi can get.

Re-sign Gudbranson.

Dangle Granlund as bonus piece in any potential trade where it helps.

Find an new home for Nilsson in the off-season.

Sign Sustr as a 6/7 dman.

Kane ($6M) - Horvat ($5.5M) - Boeser ($925k)
JVR ($4.75M) - Pettersson ($925k) - Neal ($5.5M)
Burakovsky ($3M) - Sutter ($4.35M) - Virtanen ($1.5M)
Eriksson ($6M) - Beagle ($2M) - Wilson ($2.25M)
Goldobin ($863k)

Edler ($5M) - Trouba ($6M)
Del Zotto ($3M) - Gudbranson ($5M)
Pouliot ($1.25M) - Stecher ($1.5M)
Hickey ($2.5M) Sustr ($1.75M)

Markstrom ($3.66M)
Demko ($925k)

Total cap hit of $74M. That's probably $5M under what it will be next year.
If you think the team can get Kane for 6, then forget JVR, Neal and Burakovski and go all in for Tavares.

Tavares
Horvat
Petersson
Gaudette

Centre position is set for the next 10-12 years.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9125
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Meds wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm
SKYO buddy, this one is for you. :P

I'll start by running with your Washington deal and taking it further. If they have interest in Hutton, and have lost interest in Burakovsky and just want to be rid of him, then Hutton + Gagner for Burakovsky + Beagle. I would also see what it would take to get Tom Wilson out of there.

Trade Vanek for whatever you can get. Hope it's as high as a 2nd or 3rd.

Talk to Winnipeg about Trouba. They have no extension in place yet, and early rumours this season were that they might be looking at yet another difficult negotiation. So hypothetically we trade them Tanev + Baertschi + pick for Trouba after working out a trade and sign. This happens either at the deadline or at the draft.

Then find out what Buffalo's plans for Kane are. Tamper like a NSA pro and let it be known that the hometown wants to offer him a deal come July and hope he tests the UFA waters.....there is a good chance that Kane wants to see what offers he can garner anyhow. Offer him the $6Mx6.

See what Baertschi can get.

Re-sign Gudbranson.

Dangle Granlund as bonus piece in any potential trade where it helps.

Damn bruh ya went all out!

I think the caps love themselves some beagle, they keeping homeboy.
Hutton straight up for Burakovsky would be the easiest, but if the caps want another winger back I'd throw in Baertschi if the caps add a decent pick, as Burakovsky can play on the top line for now, and see below for Kaner.

Vanek hoping for at least a 3rd anything more than that is primo.

Tanev + Baertschi + pick for Trouba - interesting thought, but I think they might be looking at a similar return for Trouba as we are for Tanev, granted if they want to keep on contending and Trouba is too troublesome to re-sign AGAIN, a Trouba for Tanev+ swap could work theoretically...and as a small bonus for Chris they got his bro Brandon in Winnipeg. Of note Trouba has had a lot of injuries, but this team is used to that lol
Allen believes the New Jersey Devils could be interested in Trouba. Traikos includes the Buffalo Sabres and Vancouver Canucks on his list while Fox added the Toronto Maple Leafs to his.
He speculates the Jets might seek a promising prospect such as Brandon Carlo, or perhaps a veteran like Adam McQuaid if they seek an immediate replacement for Trouba.
Dreger's colleague Bob McKenzie said the Jets seek a defenseman with a left-handed shot who's similar in age, experience and skills to Trouba. Finding that type of return, however, won't be easy.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/artic ... stinations
I also think Kane signing here July 1st is a high probability, again much to the dismay of the botchfords etc, but the Canucks management has a plan and they are in the IDGAF what the media etc are saying/crying about, we got a plan to rebuild and get better, that's their goal and focus. A somewhat young E. Kane is someone that has been on their radar a long time now, backing down on expensive trades with Buffalo the past while.

Granlund with surgery is staying put, he's a good depth guy who is great defensively, penalty killing and has the potential to be a consistent 15g guy per year.

Hutton could be part of a big package to get Trouba as well, then Tanev could be moved for a different haul, lots of options to either gain prospects/picks or younger pieces to build around.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9125
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm

vic wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 pm
If you think the team can get Kane for 6, then forget JVR, Neal and Burakovski and go all in for Tavares.
Tavares
Horvat
Petersson
Gaudette

Centre position is set for the next 10-12 years.
That's the ideal scenario of having an in-prime #1 line with the young guns behind them, similar to the Boston model they got 29/31 year old vets taking the hard minutes while producing good numbers and a mix of youth and vets behind them.

Somewhat similar to the Jets,vet Wheeler top line and Ehlers-Laine behind em.

But also like the Jets they got 24 year old Scheifele #1C with vet Wheeler and young gun Connor.
Canucks if they get Evander Kane, he could be our Wheeler with Horvat the #1C with young gun Boeser.

Kane with Horvat & Boeser - that would give those young guns some beef on their line, plus Kane would be like $4M cheaper at least than Tavares who in all likelihood stays with NYI, or if not stays in the East Coast.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Diehard1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:17 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am
Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.
So you have it on good word that Benning is lying? Agenda much?
I didn’t say that. Again this is where an English teacher would come in handy..... I said of course he would say that considering the sweetheart contract he gave to the stringy, soft, 30 point horse not to be confused with a Getzlaf or Kopitar horse that he was brought in to go head to head with LOL let that sink in for a bit. Not to mention trading an equal far cheaper player and a better draft pick to acquire Bird Bones in the first place. Benning is perhaps justifying the contract by maybe laying it on a bit thick.
Does anybody still like Sutter? He's a shutdown centre who is average at that role, is one of the worst passers on the team and probably in the league, doesn't play physical at all, 25-35 points average in a season (career high is 34, on pace for less than 30 this year if he played all 82 games).

I will give him credit for a decent shot and being a decent goal scorer.

He's an average NHL player who is paid like a second liner, on a very long term contract that he hasn't played up to at all. Aside from Eriksson and perhaps the upcoming Guddy contract his is the worst on the team. Money isn't a big deal to this team right now given how terrible they are, but if the young guys play up to their potential over the next few years this one could hurt.

Locked