Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Ben Hutton does not get you Josh Anderson. Furthermore Juolevi is at least a season away unless Elmer and company rush yet another greenhorn onto the team for no other reason than to justify the draft pick. Let him develop further and hopefully become more of an offensive player next year.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22842
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Strangelove » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Mondi wrote:Just spit balling here, but what would the repercussions be of an Eriksson buyout?

He's got 5 more years, lets say the Canucks are "competitive" in 1, 2 or 3 years, and need that $6 million to do something at the TDD or in UFA?
https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout_calculator

Type in the year of buyout and then click on the player.

As you will see, it's not feasible to buyout this contract.

However, in 3 years it is likely Eriksson retires or is traded.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/loui-eriksson

On July 1 2020, Ericsson receives a $3M bonus

... meaning a team that trades for him would only have to pay him $1M in real dollars for that season.

(with a $6M cap-hit... might be attractive to a cap-floor team, personally I think the Cap will rise significantly)

(if then-35 Ericsson is no longer able to play, his real dollar number is $0 with a $6M cap-hit)

It's also possible Loui retires at that point, having earned $31M of his $36M contract.

Having said that, in the here-and-now I think most agree Lou will bounce back...
Mondi wrote: I've not kept up on the confusing rules around this...is it relevant that he's under 35 when signed the contract or is it relevant that he is bought out before 35?
Once bought out, the contracts of players signed at age 35+ continue to count toward the cap.

A player's age at buyout is not relevant in any way...
Mondi wrote: Also is there anything stopping the Canucks from buying out this player this year with a buyout on the books for Higgins and retained salary for Bob Luongo and Jan Hansen?
A team can have as many buyouts on the books as they like, but only a maximum of 3 retentions in a given year.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22842
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Strangelove » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I'm not sure Mondi. I'm sure Spin Doctor could help you out. Retaining on Luongo and Hansen is kicking the team in the nuts this coming deadline.
So you're saying retaining on players helps pull off deadline deals?

UMMM... perhaps this helped make the Hansen deadline deal happen? :D
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Should have told Florida and San Jose to fuck off.
Perhaps you should be an NHL GM instead of a factory broom-pusher? :mrgreen:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: And Higgins being bought out was also dumb. He shredded his ankle and took all year to heal but unlike Doc and Toppers buddy Prust wasn't a team cancer. He was averaging 40 points a year in Canucks colours before the injury. There was no need to buy him out to play scrubs like Chalut and Megna and still pay Higgins.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... did Mr Higgins play any hockey last year? :wink:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Pure stupidity.
8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22842
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Strangelove » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
ESQ wrote: Hmm, I didn't see "seriously" anywhere in the thread title :lol:
I've been seriously dreaming of acquiring one of those 8 hose hooka pipes the A-rabs use in their harems...so yes...there can be serious pipe dreams
Good point.

Speaking of pipe dreams, does anyone else have actual dreams wherein they get absolutely RIPPED?

Honest question.

I did most of my serious tripping in my teenage years

... yet I constantly have dreams in which I get ridiculously high at parties.

The rush is soooo extreme, the dreams seem soooo real. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10385
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Micky » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 am

SKYO wrote:With Juolevi almost ready for the NHL an argument could made that beloved Ben Hutton could be dealt for a young scoring forward who has size. I'd wish Edler was tradeable but with his gillis made NTC, with family in Vancouver yada yada that seems unlikely.

I'd look at Columbus Blue Jacket RFA 6'3 221lb, 23 year old Josh Anderson, not the most skilled but he did get 17 goals in a limited role last year, plays with a mean streak, throws his weight around and can scrap it out with the tough guys.



Being a right shot he'd be a perfect fit with the Sedins in what could be their final year or two here, and what better way to end it than to have some protection on their line with a player who can pop in some goals to boot.



I'd like to keep Hutton for the long haul as he should be a 25-30+point LD, but if Juolevi is ready and Edler+MDZ not moving on from here for the next two years - in a Canuck sea of smaller skilled forwards, Ben Hutton is a blue chip trading piece to land the team a young power forward this team desperately needs.

Jack Johnson is a UFA next summer & they seem to want to move on from injury prone Murray, so their LD is open for some youthful improvement.

Might have to add Granlund their finnish GM might approve with them adding a pick or two to even it out.

Defense not too bad after losing Hutton.


EDLER -- STECHER
MDZ -- TANEV
JUOLEVI -- GUDBRANSON
WIERCIOCH, BIEGA, HOLM
If Juolevi makes the team this year, which is what I suspect, do not be surprised if Stecher starts the year in Utica.
No matter how good of a preseason he has, this may have to happen.
The contract is designed for it and he knew that when he signed it.
Of course he wouldn't be happy about it but it would no doubt be very temporary.
How long will it take before a D-man gets injured?
Waiting is the best thing now.
A month or two into the regular season and I suspect a few teams will realize their defense is not good enough
and that will increase the value of a Hutton or a Tanev and so on.
It's really only Biega that is good at sitting in the press box and being ready instantly.
He's good at that, give him that...
"evolution"

Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Iceman2014 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 am

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I'm not sure Mondi. I'm sure Spin Doctor could help you out. Retaining on Luongo and Hansen is kicking the team in the nuts this coming deadline.
So you're saying retaining on players helps pull off deadline deals?

UMMM... perhaps this helped make the Hansen deadline deal happen? :D
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Should have told Florida and San Jose to fuck off.
Perhaps you should be an NHL GM instead of a factory broom-pusher? :mrgreen:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: And Higgins being bought out was also dumb. He shredded his ankle and took all year to heal but unlike Doc and Toppers buddy Prust wasn't a team cancer. He was averaging 40 points a year in Canucks colours before the injury. There was no need to buy him out to play scrubs like Chalut and Megna and still pay Higgins.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... did Mr Higgins play any hockey last year? :wink:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Pure stupidity.
8-)

You don't think that fucking retard is actually employable, do you? He sits at home, tokes up and collects welfare. I'm sure he has a criminal record too. He's one of those idiots that has no idea. I don't really want to comment on his stupidity but why not.

Luongo: Anyone thinking that idiotic contract was getting easily moved is a moron. Honestly, Canucks got lucky moving him and getting back what they did. The funniest thing there was it was Lu's agent that put the deal together. Not that fucking retard Gillis.

Hansen: Got a solid prospect in return for an older vet. The prospect has huge upside but is a prospect and it pushed the rebuild along even a bit more. Having to retain a small piece for 1 year may cost the Canucks but it got the job done. Yes, Benning reluctantly dealt Hansen but he did it.

Higgins: Ok, I just have to stop now. This is getting stupid. Blob is a fucking idiot.

Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Iceman2014 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:12 am

SKYO wrote:With Juolevi almost ready for the NHL an argument could made that beloved Ben Hutton could be dealt for a young scoring forward who has size. I'd wish Edler was tradeable but with his gillis made NTC, with family in Vancouver yada yada that seems unlikely.

I'd look at Columbus Blue Jacket RFA 6'3 221lb, 23 year old Josh Anderson, not the most skilled but he did get 17 goals in a limited role last year, plays with a mean streak, throws his weight around and can scrap it out with the tough guys.



Being a right shot he'd be a perfect fit with the Sedins in what could be their final year or two here, and what better way to end it than to have some protection on their line with a player who can pop in some goals to boot.



I'd like to keep Hutton for the long haul as he should be a 25-30+point LD, but if Juolevi is ready and Edler+MDZ not moving on from here for the next two years - in a Canuck sea of smaller skilled forwards, Ben Hutton is a blue chip trading piece to land the team a young power forward this team desperately needs.

Jack Johnson is a UFA next summer & they seem to want to move on from injury prone Murray, so their LD is open for some youthful improvement.

Might have to add Granlund their finnish GM might approve with them adding a pick or two to even it out.

Defense not too bad after losing Hutton.


EDLER -- STECHER
MDZ -- TANEV
JUOLEVI -- GUDBRANSON
WIERCIOCH, BIEGA, HOLM

I'd like to see Benning add a guy like this. I don't know if I'd deal Hutton so quickly. I like the Hutt's size and skillset and he still could get better. Anyway, I wouldn't be against this move but it's a gamble for both sides.

I also kicked around a Tanev to Minny deal. Tanev straight up for a package of players - something like a Greenway and Erikkson Ek + type package.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9543
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
ESQ wrote: Hmm, I didn't see "seriously" anywhere in the thread title :lol:
I've been seriously dreaming of acquiring one of those 8 hose hooka pipes the A-rabs use in their harems...so yes...there can be serious pipe dreams
Good point.

Speaking of pipe dreams, does anyone else have actual dreams wherein they get absolutely RIPPED?

Honest question.

I did most of my serious tripping in my teenage years

... yet I constantly have dreams in which I get ridiculously high at parties.

The rush is soooo extreme, the dreams seem soooo real. :mex:
Maybe the dream is actually you as a middle aged suburbanite and the reality is you are 16 right now getting baked at a party....
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22842
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Strangelove » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Iceman2014 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I'm not sure Mondi. I'm sure Spin Doctor could help you out. Retaining on Luongo and Hansen is kicking the team in the nuts this coming deadline.
So you're saying retaining on players helps pull off deadline deals?

UMMM... perhaps this helped make the Hansen deadline deal happen? :D
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Should have told Florida and San Jose to fuck off.
Perhaps you should be an NHL GM instead of a factory broom-pusher? :mrgreen:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: And Higgins being bought out was also dumb. He shredded his ankle and took all year to heal but unlike Doc and Toppers buddy Prust wasn't a team cancer. He was averaging 40 points a year in Canucks colours before the injury. There was no need to buy him out to play scrubs like Chalut and Megna and still pay Higgins.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... did Mr Higgins play any hockey last year? :wink:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Pure stupidity.
8-)

You don't think that fucking retard is actually employable, do you? He sits at home, tokes up and collects welfare. I'm sure he has a criminal record too. He's one of those idiots that has no idea. I don't really want to comment on his stupidity but why not.

Luongo: Anyone thinking that idiotic contract was getting easily moved is a moron. Honestly, Canucks got lucky moving him and getting back what they did. The funniest thing there was it was Lu's agent that put the deal together. Not that fucking retard Gillis.

Hansen: Got a solid prospect in return for an older vet. The prospect has huge upside but is a prospect and it pushed the rebuild along even a bit more. Having to retain a small piece for 1 year may cost the Canucks but it got the job done. Yes, Benning reluctantly dealt Hansen but he did it.

Higgins: Ok, I just have to stop now. This is getting stupid. Blob is a fucking idiot.
Agreed on all counts. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22842
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Strangelove » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
ESQ wrote: Hmm, I didn't see "seriously" anywhere in the thread title :lol:
I've been seriously dreaming of acquiring one of those 8 hose hooka pipes the A-rabs use in their harems...so yes...there can be serious pipe dreams
Good point.

Speaking of pipe dreams, does anyone else have actual dreams wherein they get absolutely RIPPED?

Honest question.

I did most of my serious tripping in my teenage years

... yet I constantly have dreams in which I get ridiculously high at parties.

The rush is soooo extreme, the dreams seem soooo real. :mex:
Maybe the dream is actually you as a middle aged suburbanite and the reality is you are 16 right now getting baked at a party....
:shock:

I need a nap!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Icehead you are one of the shittiest posters on this board which is saying something because there are real mongoloids here and you are at the head table covered in your own drool and feces. You are a fucking idiot if you think retaining on Hanesen was smart. Ditto Luongo. Both GMs got bent over but you are probably into getting bent over and you therefore don't have a huge issue with it. Pull Docs cock out of your mouth and speak for yourself.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6870
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Meds » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Icehead you are one of the shittiest posters on this board which is saying something because there are real mongoloids here and you are at the head table covered in your own drool and feces. You are a fucking idiot if you think retaining on Hanesen was smart. Ditto Luongo. Both GMs got bent over but you are probably into getting bent over and you therefore don't have a huge issue with it. Pull Docs cock out of your mouth and speak for yourself.
No argument on Luongo. That was terrible, and the recapture is going to be even worse.

On Hansen he retained $500K to acquire Goldobin (a 1st round pick in 2014) and a 4th that turned into a 5th and a 6th.....Hansen himself was a 9th iirc. Hansen is also 31 years old and will be of almost no value to this franchise when they are finally ready to contend for even a playoff spot. He also only had 1 year left on the books, and that $500K worth of space is not going to be a difference maker of any kind this season. Would you have preferred he kept Hansen for this coming season and hoped to get something better at next year's deadline?

San Jose was a prime partner. They were one year removed from the Finals (think us in 2012 but with a poorer regular season), they were the ideal trade partner for a guy like Jannik.

I don't dispute ANY of the rest of your post.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:20 pm

micky107 wrote: If Juolevi makes the team this year, which is what I suspect, do not be surprised if Stecher starts the year in Utica.

A month or two into the regular season and I suspect a few teams will realize their defense is not good enough
and that will increase the value of a Hutton or a Tanev and so on.
Stecher will start here, it's a no brainer - dude got skills.
Iceman2014 wrote:
SKYO wrote:With Juolevi almost ready for the NHL an argument could made that beloved Ben Hutton could be dealt for a young scoring forward who has size.

...in a Canuck sea of smaller skilled forwards, Ben Hutton is a blue chip trading piece to land the team a young power forward this team desperately needs.

Defense not too bad after losing Hutton.


EDLER -- STECHER
MDZ -- TANEV
JUOLEVI -- GUDBRANSON
WIERCIOCH, BIEGA, HOLM

I'd like to see Benning add a guy like this. I don't know if I'd deal Hutton so quickly. I like the Hutt's size and skillset and he still could get better. Anyway, I wouldn't be against this move but it's a gamble for both sides.

I also kicked around a Tanev to Minny deal. Tanev straight up for a package of players - something like a Greenway and Erikkson Ek + type package.
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ben Hutton does not get you Josh Anderson. Furthermore Juolevi is at least a season away unless Elmer and company rush yet another greenhorn onto the team for no other reason than to justify the draft pick. Let him develop further and hopefully become more of an offensive player next year.
Ben Hutton has skills no doubt, dmen are worth more than forwards generally as they are hard to attain especially when they are just entering their prime years still on a cheap contract and is 6'2+ all of which Hutton is.

Plus Hutton has wheels for a big fella, a good motor anyways.



And imo should be a solid point producer, just needs that one healthy season and confidence from coach Green.


So yeah it'll be good if we keep Hutty for now, build that value up even further, and if he plays with Tanev they should have a terrific season.

I still have a faint hope that we can move Edler out to continue on the rebuild.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Iceman2014 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Icehead you are one of the shittiest posters on this board which is saying something because there are real mongoloids here and you are at the head table covered in your own drool and feces. You are a fucking idiot if you think retaining on Hanesen was smart. Ditto Luongo. Both GMs got bent over but you are probably into getting bent over and you therefore don't have a huge issue with it. Pull Docs cock out of your mouth and speak for yourself.

Oooooooooooooo how mean. I'm so hurt BAHAHAHAHA. OMG you're worth less than the shit on the bottom of your shoe. You're definitely the load you're mother should have swallowed, you fucking sack of shit.

Oh, right, Lu. Yeah, there were so many takers on him and that contract. Of course we had the option not to retain. Of course you're so stupid you probably don't realize on order to move him, the Panthers didn't want to be on the hook for early retirement penalties and so on. The peanut in your deformed skull wouldn't allow you to process much, this we all know. Anyway, you're a fucking cunt :)

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Dude ,your bruncle should have jerked your load off on a rock instead of jamming it into Granny's hairy anus. You are as dumb as a stick, as sharp as a beachball. Go back to picking berries in your filthy linen gown and leave the hockey talk to the grown ups.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Locked