Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO »

Vancouver should make a trade with Dallas.

Eriksson for Spezza.
Dallas already has Spezz on RW, might as well make it a natural RW, plus Eriksson played some of his best hockey there, which will help waiving his NTC.
& Dallas then loads up on defense move.
Edler (50%) for Julius Honka + pick, Honka just doesn't fit there, they can then move Lindell, Methot down, Klingberg paired with Edler is a natural fit, with Hamhuis vouching about raising a family in sunny Dallas and Klingberg there Edler would waive his NTC as well.

Cap hits

Dallas takes on $8.5M
Canucks take on $8.363M

Dallas just squeezes under the cap with $1,370 under from $2,247 under.

Canucks get Spezza to save Pettersson from being rushed in, if Pettersson makes it next season great, but he'll start off on the 3rd line in a sheltered role for a year.

Canucks will then have a much younger defense, but brimming with skill and potential, and moving Eriksson this year will free up a winger spot for Goldy next season, & plus this season with the youth making the team on wing - LE just doesn't fit anymore.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:Vancouver should make a trade with Dallas.

Eriksson for Spezza.
Dallas already has Spezz on RW, might as well make it a natural RW, plus Eriksson played some of his best hockey there, which will help waiving his NTC.
& Dallas then loads up on defense move.
Edler (50%) for Julius Honka + pick, Honka just doesn't fit there, they can then move Lindell, Methot down, Klingberg paired with Edler is a natural fit, with Hamhuis vouching about raising a family in sunny Dallas and Klingberg there Edler would waive his NTC as well.

Cap hits

Dallas takes on $8.5M
Canucks take on $8.363M

Dallas just squeezes under the cap with $1,370 under from $2,247 under.

Canucks get Spezza to save Pettersson from being rushed in, if Pettersson makes it next season great, but he'll start off on the 3rd line in a sheltered role for a year.

Canucks will then have a much younger defense, but brimming with skill and potential, and moving Eriksson this year will free up a winger spot for Goldy next season, & plus this season with the youth making the team on wing - LE just doesn't fit anymore.
Nobody will take on that contract bro.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:If Gudbranson continues to play good hockey all year he'll be hot commodity at the deadline. Cup contending teams always go hunting for those types of D-men. Don't think tbd canucks want to lock in on Guds at $5 million per long term which is what he will be looking for. If Benning does trade him it should be for a young prospect D man ready to make the jump, instead of rolling the dice on a draft pick, need more of a known, young quality in return. Our D future needs some adding to. Nashville seems to be going all in, could we pry Fabbro off their hands? Or Jake Bean from Carolina? Are Sanheim and Hayden Fleury busts?

Nucks need to lure Tryamkin back.
What you propose looks good on paper however if a stud young D-man that is ready to make the jump, AND, is
of the same ilk as Gudbranson, how much will he want when his entry level is up, if it isn't already.
Probably more than 5.
I would be looking to resign Guds for 3 or 4 years in the 4.2-4.5 range.

That last sentence of your comment would really freakin help though... :idea:
Gudbransons demands will most likely have him available at July 1st for the rest of the league. Lindenning won't be dictating his asking price. I don't see Guds jumping at the bits to sign for 4 per. If he has a good season he will test the market. Canucks will be gun shy going big on his next contract
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You don't know for sure he doesn't want to stay at the 4.2-4.5 range either.
So why not privately talk to him now instead of waiting till his agent says to him the longer you wait, the more power you will have. That's what agents do. Why? Cause they get a nice cut.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:You don't know for sure he doesn't want to stay at the 4.2-4.5 range either.
So why not privately talk to him now instead of waiting till his agent says to him the longer you wait, the more power you will have. That's what agents do. Why? Cause they get a nice cut.

Benning just negotiated a one year deal with him, after exploring several options. I think he has a pretty good idea of what the Gudbranson camp is looking for.

I think we can assume that whatever they wanted Benning wasn't prepared to go there. I think by January/February he will know.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:You don't know for sure he doesn't want to stay at the 4.2-4.5 range either.

Benning just negotiated a one year deal with him, after exploring several options. I think he has a pretty good idea of what the Gudbranson camp is looking for.

I think we can assume that whatever they wanted Benning wasn't prepared to go there. I think by January/February he will know.
I know what transpired but this is a new year and he might be liking being here more as he more and more is rooting in with friendships on the team, families and the City in general.
Maybe this was part of the hope ???
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

If it's looking like he might fuck around it can be assured that he'll bring back a kings ransom at the deadline.

Either way the team wins
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
SKYO wrote:Eriksson for Spezza.
Nobody will take on that contract bro.
Spezza is crazy expensive, but the Canucks should do it to shore up their center spot for this and next year. :D
A man can dream, like reading WordUp magazine.

As for Guddy I have no ideal what will transpire, early 2018 will dictate his future to trade or not to trade, at least he has no NTC.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Nobody is taking Eriksson at this point, his value could not be any lower than it currently is.

The only way he moves is if an even worse contract is coming back. He's got too many years left for a cap floor team to be interested.

Our Guddy is TDD fodder, he ought to be one of the most expensive rentals, possibly for a 1st+ or top quality prospect. It will be an interesting deadline, with potential for major gains for the franchise. Even if they're in the playoff hunt, Goldy could make Vanek expendable, and he's playing himself into a valuable asset.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote:.

As for Guddy I have no ideal what will transpire, early 2018 will dictate his future to trade or not to trade, at least he has no NTC.
Guddy for Morgan Reilly or Zaitzev :mex:

Reilly to come home and break out

or

Zaitzev plus+

Turn EGs payday into either up and coming skilled d-man looking to turn the corner into a top pairing guy. Give weird Lou something to froth over in his borderline homo-erotic lust for big hairy men to protect his interests
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah you won't get Reilly or the just signed Zeitsev, they probably not going anywhere.
ESQ wrote:
SKYO wrote:Oh Virtanen and Gaunce out?

All aboard the trade Eriksson train. :mrgreen:
"Difficult. Not impossible." ―Rocco Lampone.
Give him the Hodgson treatment and call the cab to the airport!
hmmm don't think the current Canucks got that savagery in em, that was the one few good moves Gilly did in ramping up Hodgson value and shipping him off, unfortunately it was for a problem child in return.

A lot of teams do that though notably the Anaheim Ducks, Lupul, Ryan, Bonino, they put wingers in a position to succeed then ship em off for other needs on the team.
It's what all the GM's on the Canucks should have done with the wingers on the Sedins line throughout the years, at least Burr got Dahlen.

Ramp up values of the Canucks players so you can trade em for a need on the team - should be one of the goals this season, if not every season forever.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

RoyalDude wrote:If Gudbranson continues to play good hockey all year he'll be hot commodity at the deadline.
Maybe if he starts to play good hockey. Dude looks exposed already without tan man sheltering him. He's a bottom pairing guy who can do spot duty on the 3/4 pair. Only looks good because he's like Kris Russell and 'looks' like he's trying real hard while really only being useful after the whistle.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Gudbranson is a vast improvement over all the fringe dmen in the league though, I think the main thing about Guds is he can play versus all the power forwards in the league no problem. Dude is solid as it gets, especially around the net, in front of the crease & corners of the ice battles, it's these little things you'll miss if/when he gets traded.

Past couple season's team didn't have much gritty hitters who can scrap it out occasionally.

Only problem I have with Guds is when he chases the puck carrier to the side boards, he needs to stay in his lane-protect the goalie area more, be a pillar of strength.

I'm thinking it's probably because we have Baumer as the dman coach our defensive structure isn't all that great, whereas the top tier LA Kings had Sutter and now Stevens, both have a solid grasp of defensive structure, keeping it simple lanes to help Quick do his thing, keep the shots outside the slot as best as possible, take the cross passes to a minimum and have the big bodies to steer the opposition from getting too close to goalie, to help with rebounds etc.

That's what big bro Gudbranson needs - a better defensive structure scheme to be fully utilized effectively.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

The fringe defender with his head in the clouds
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

You mean he thought the other guy right beside him would take the guy?