Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Topper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Yet another list Rats didn't make it into.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Topper wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Yet another list Rats didn't make it into.
Not making lists is my goal tops....
You are who you hang with.....

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm
We need future D help. Callan Foote from Tampa for Gudbranson

Tanev to Toronto for Liljegren
Lol Yzerman won’t make that deal
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm
We need future D help. Callan Foote from Tampa for Gudbranson

Tanev to Toronto for Liljegren
Lol Yzerman won’t make that deal
Adam Larsson cost - Taylor Hall 15 goals 27 assists
Reinhart cost - Barzal (13 goals 26 assists) and Beauvillier
Hamilton cost - 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks
Zadarov - Ryan O'Reilly (very hard to acquire top young 200 ft centres)

This years trade deadline is very limited on available defensemen, after Mike Green, Gudbranson is your next best choice. Defenceman are a premium at the deadline. Gudbranson has lots of hockey left in him - mid twenties. Big, physical, kind of what you want in the playoffs if you are a team with a ton of puck moving offensive defenseman but low on tough net front presence.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am

I’d love to see it but there’s a reason Tampa is perennially a good team. They keep their good young guys and keep drafting and developing more. It’s like a factory, similar to Nashville. Cal Foote has top 4 D man all over him. Elmer would have to add something else significant to Gudbranson to get Foote.

I’d also trade Tanev for Liljegren and a 2nd as well. Win the lottery and draft Dahlin.

The D is set and just need another game breaker up front. Hughes or Lafrenniere after another couple years in the shitter.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am

Bubbles, Gaudette scored 2 goals and added an assist last night, he leads the NCAA in scoring, should have he been a first round pick? If so, where in the first round? Boeser was drafted in the same draft class, we all know now that Boeser and Dylan Strome should have switched spots, Boeser 3rd overall, your boi - Strome 23rd overall. Do you not think that getting Boeser and Gaudette out of the 2015 draft is absolutely Genius for the post Sedin rebuild of this organization? I'm not even going to go there with regards to picking Pettersen over your boi - Vilardi.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am
Bubbles, Gaudette scored 2 goals and added an assist last night, he leads the NCAA in scoring, should have he been a first round pick? If so, where in the first round? Boeser was drafted in the same draft class, we all know now that Boeser and Dylan Strome should have switched spots, Boeser 3rd overall, your boi - Strome 23rd overall. Do you not think that getting Boeser and Gaudette out of the 2015 draft is absolutely Genius for the post Sedin rebuild of this organization? I'm not even going to go there with regards to picking Pettersen over your boi - Vilardi.
Quoted for relevance and stupidity

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am
Quoted for relevance and stupidity
You don't want to chin wag on this one|?

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 am

It’s a trades and rumours thread. Just trying to stay on topic

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am

Gudbranson and what to get Foote ? Does Vanek get it done if they retain on EG ?

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 am

Gudbranson for Foote may getterdun, but to humour you, yeah, may need to add something. What that is? Do not know, jabronee. Yzerman may be gun shy dealing with Benning after foolishly giving him a 2nd round pick for Garrison the Chillaxer

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am

Could have been worse for Yzerman. He could have traded a 2nd for Linden Vey :lol:

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am
Could have been worse for Yzerman. He could have traded a 2nd for Linden Vey :lol:
Garrison 5 year, $5.5 million NTC Contract when Yzerman acquired him. Admit, your boi Garrison the Sofite was shite, it was contract dump onto the unsuspecting Yzerman. Vey was a Wilbrod guy, like Dorsett. Dorsett worked out, Vey didn't. Veys Dad is a lunatic, messed with the poor kids head. You win some you lose some, Benning has won way more than he's lost

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Tanev for Liljegren would hurt bad this season and next aha, but it would be good for the rebuild.

Toronto would love it, he'd change their defense entirely he and Reilly is what the people want as the top pairing.

If that happens I'd re-sign Guds $4m x 5, a little term to bring the cap down, get him paired with Juolevi next year. Guddy is starting to play to his strengths now, can see his confidence growing in this ruthless Canadian market.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Bubbles is most likely right, Yzerman isn't trading Foote, he's there best prospect. I know Bubbles keeps on pitching tents over Tampa's prospect pool but all I see is a bunch of middling meh prospects - Howden, Raddysh, Cirelli, Stephens, Katchouk, Joseph, Yann blah blah blah but to be honest there isn't one of them that I would pick ahead of Boeser, Pettersen, Juolevi, Demko, Gaudette, Tryamkin and Dahlen. Lind and Gadjovich are as good as any of Tampas prospects.

Craig Buttons Annual Top 50 NHL affiliated prospect list last year didn't have one Tampa Bay prospect in it while Vancouver had 4 - Boeser, Juolevi, Demko, Gaudette