Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Since we are starting a new NHL hockey 'fiscal' year, lets start a new trade thread!

#TradeWatch this year for the rebuilding Canucks is Alex Edler and one of Tanev or Gudbranson....only one or two shall survive the entire 2017/18 season till the 2018 TDD & entry draft.

I call Edler waiving to Dallas to play with his bro Hamhuis and dman partna-in-crime Klingberg.

Klingberg giving a lot of props to Edler from the world's, Stars want to win now, they got the young assets to pay up for Alex's services.

IF the Dallas Stars want to put up a good fight vs the hawks, ducks and dman strong Predators, they gotta go for it fully.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote:Since we are starting a new NHL hockey 'fiscal' year, lets start a new trade thread!

#TradeWatch this year for the rebuilding Canucks is Alex Edler and one of Tanev or Gudbranson....only one or two shall survive the entire 2017/18 season till the 2018 TDD & entry draft.

I call Edler waiving to Dallas to play with his bro Hamhuis and dman partna-in-crime Klingberg.

Klingberg giving a lot of props to Edler from the world's, Stars want to win now, they got the young assets to pay up for Alex's services.

IF the Dallas Stars want to put up a good fight vs the hawks, ducks and dman strong Predators, they gotta go for it fully.
This analysis makes sense to me.

What would you expect the Canucks to get back in return, and what is the minimum you would accept ?
Last edited by Ronning's Ghost on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Anyone have a good site for lists of team prospects?

I think Gudbranson is gone and I wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt over the summer. Benning already traded him once so it's pretty obvious that Guddy is being unreasonable with his contract talks. Maybe Benning could deal him to Arizona for Strome.

I'd like to see Edler moved at the trade deadline. Maybe out to Toronto for Liljigren + a couple 2nd round picks (depending on how the kid looks between now and then).

My once concern is lack of grit. If there's a D man or C prospect out there that had some toughness then target that guy(s).
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
SKYO wrote:I call Edler waiving to Dallas to play with his bro Hamhuis and dman partna-in-crime Klingberg.
Stars want to win now, they got the young assets to pay up for Alex's services.
This analysis makes sense to me.

What would expect the Canucks to get back in return, and what is the minimum you would accept ?
Like any negotiation you start high, ask for a 1st plus Nuke.

They counter with Oleksiak/Nemeth + 2nd.

Settle on (Lindell or Ritchie) + two 2nd rounders for Edler + 4th.
Something like that.
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Looks life Kerfoot will not be signing in Vancouver.

"But according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation, Kerfoot won’t be coming home. While playing in his hometown in front of friends and family appeared to be a persuasive bargaining chip in the Canucks favour, Kerfoot recognized that the team currently has a logjam of centres penciled ahead of him that would limit his chance of a prominent role with the team going forward."

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/alex-ker ... nucks-2017
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm finding the lack of contract for Bo and for Draisatl very intriguing...

That would be a very interesting hockey trade - a 200-foot center who will be cheaper for an elite offensive 1st line center, who will cost big $.

It has the potential to be a devastating trade for either team, but at the same time it has the potential to address glaring holes in each franchise.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Well, we could use more Euro's playing among the top 9.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nah too hardcore of trade between divisional teams.^

If the teams' window won't start till 2019, 2020 onwards, the best case scenario for this current Canucks team is for the vets to up their play, thus increasing their trade value, plus the team is going to need some health for once, oh and a couple players to waive their NTC's.......that's all. :drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote:I'm finding the lack of contract for Bo and for Draisatl very intriguing...

That would be a very interesting hockey trade - a 200-foot center who will be cheaper for an elite offensive 1st line center, who will cost big $.

It has the potential to be a devastating trade for either team, but at the same time it has the potential to address glaring holes in each franchise.
Give Edmonton that 2-way center and you might as well hand them a few cups. Edmonton's biggest weakness is their lack of a 290 foot game at center ice. McDoofus and Horvat as a 1-2 is not only affordable for them it also plugs a massive hole. Bo is also a good leader and has amazing compete in the playoffs.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote:
Give Edmonton that 2-way center and you might as well hand them a few cups. Edmonton's biggest weakness is their lack of a 290 foot game at center ice. McDoofus and Horvat as a 1-2 is not only affordable for them it also plugs a massive hole. Bo is also a good leader and has amazing compete in the playoffs.
As I see it, it fixes the holes of a lack of 200 foot game at center ice and cap problems, but opens a new hole of losing secondary offence.

I believe Edmonton had the best offensive 1-2 punch at center in the League last season, so they would be downgrading offensive production in exchange for the 200-foot game of Horvat.

The Canucks would get the better player in the deal (IMESHO), and have to pay him. Since Horvat is penciled in as the #1 offensive center and not as the #2 shutdown center, this would be a big offensive boost.

Or, just sign an offer sheet and send over some picks :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

To get Draisaitl via hockey trade it would probably cost as a base, Horvat and Tanev.

I actually think the Oilers acquiring Sutter would be good for their Cup build team, Sutter is the prototypical 3rd line checking center whose great on faceoffs.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Sutter

They then can trade RNH for a right side QB like Barrie.

Sutter is more of a need than RNH, due to his checking ability when he's told to concentrate on that, while RNH solely concentrates on scoring and he was snuffed in the playoffs, was hardly effective in the post season for the Oilers.

As much as we slag on Sutter, he does have more intangibles than RNH can provide, heck I bet he scores more in the playoffs than RNH.

Brandon Sutter's best playoffs was 2014: 13gp, 5g, 2a. +7
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote:
Mëds wrote:
As I see it, it fixes the holes of a lack of 200 foot game at center ice and cap problems, but opens a new hole of losing secondary offence.

I believe Edmonton had the best offensive 1-2 punch at center in the League last season, so they would be downgrading offensive production in exchange for the 200-foot game of Horvat.
Horvat put up 54 points playing with tweeners while receiving minimal PP minutes for most of the season. Put him on a PP with McDavid and he's scoring an additional 10 points without breaking a sweat. Given him a legit top-6 linemate and he gets another 5 points there. Suddenly he's closing in on 70 points.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

It certainly wouldn't be Horvat for Draisaitl straight up. Maybe Horvat+Juolevi? Not something the Canucks are in a position to do. We should be focusing on drafting our own Draisaitl, and isn't that what Peterssen is supposed to be? A 1C?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:To get Draisaitl...
Does anyone seriously think the coil will move this player? I know its summer and all but christ almighty thats reaching
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Just waiting for some Edmonton "Forumers" to read this stuff, join, and weight in. :lol:
"evolution"