Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Mëds wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm With the Sedins staying mum about their plans next year, and the kids saying it’s Sutter they go to for advice from a vet, combined with DelZotto being a major leadership presence for them as well, Benning should not be in a rush to trade Vanek. If the return for Vanek is less than a 3rd, then give him 2 years @ $3M (?). Don’t offer the Sedins a new contract, even if they want one, until you have a better picture of what you can/cannot get come July 1st. Proceed as if they are retiring and let Vanek be the old man in the room. A couple of years for him isn’t bad, and it means only one roster spot taken from a young player instead of two.

And if babysitting has been the issue for Edler and Gudbranson as Topper suggests, then do indeed move out Tanev for a big and exciting return, and also move out one of the babysittees.....preferably Hutton.
Mëds, just wondering where you heard/read the bolded text? Not trying to be an ass, just found it interesting to read as I hadn't come across that before.

With respect to trades, I wouldn't mind getting rid of any of the veteran players, so long as the return is reasonable and we keep/sign a couple to take the heat off the kids. As SKYO noted, Tanev does seem like the most reasonable asset to part with if the team wants a serious return.
ESQ wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 am I wonder what JB could get out of Chicago if he were willing to take on Seabrook's salary. I would love to get their 1st somehow, I think it'll be a high-lottery pick when all is said and done. And even the diminished Seabrook is likely the best dman on this team.

I wonder if Tanev + Goldy would get Seabrook + 1st?

Bowman isn't afraid to pull the trigger on big trades, but he hasn't traded away many 1RPs (only in 2015 for Vermette and 2016 for Ladd), and this will be his first high-1st pick.

It might be more likely an off-season trade, but the value of Chicago's 1st will go up substantially after the end-of-season and lottery.
I wouldn't mind Seabrook plus their first overall if the team could somehow part ways with Eriksson, but I doubt very much Chicago would be willing to take him in a deal. Having two large boat anchor contracts to deal with while trying to sign all these young "generational" talents might prove difficult, particularly given that Seabrook's contract runs through 23-24.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Trades are happening!

Chris DiDomenico from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for defenseman Blackhawks Ville Pokka.

And leaves send Soshnikov to the Blues for a 2019 4th rounder.

nhlrumours say: Islanders, leaves and Capitals in on Gudbranson...& lesser extent the Stars.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm Trades are happening!

Chris DiDomenico from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for defenseman Blackhawks Ville Pokka.
Pokka was once highly touted. He was on waiver at the beginning of the season but no takers. It seems like defensemen have not much time to develop these days. Once they are not waiver exempt, they either make it to the NHL or just shuffle around teams.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

nhlrumours say: Islanders, leaves and Capitals in on Gudbranson...& lesser extent the Stars.
Islanders got loads of picks thanks to the Flames overpayment for Hamonic, could see a trade partner there regarding Guds
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:45 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm With the Sedins staying mum about their plans next year, and the kids saying it’s Sutter they go to for advice from a vet, combined with DelZotto being a major leadership presence for them as well, Benning should not be in a rush to trade Vanek. If the return for Vanek is less than a 3rd, then give him 2 years @ $3M (?). Don’t offer the Sedins a new contract, even if they want one, until you have a better picture of what you can/cannot get come July 1st. Proceed as if they are retiring and let Vanek be the old man in the room. A couple of years for him isn’t bad, and it means only one roster spot taken from a young player instead of two.

And if babysitting has been the issue for Edler and Gudbranson as Topper suggests, then do indeed move out Tanev for a big and exciting return, and also move out one of the babysittees.....preferably Hutton.
Mëds, just wondering where you heard/read the bolded text? Not trying to be an ass, just found it interesting to read as I hadn't come across that before.

With respect to trades, I wouldn't mind getting rid of any of the veteran players, so long as the return is reasonable and we keep/sign a couple to take the heat off the kids. As SKYO noted, Tanev does seem like the most reasonable asset to part with if the team wants a serious return.
ESQ wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 am I wonder what JB could get out of Chicago if he were willing to take on Seabrook's salary. I would love to get their 1st somehow, I think it'll be a high-lottery pick when all is said and done. And even the diminished Seabrook is likely the best dman on this team.

I wonder if Tanev + Goldy would get Seabrook + 1st?

Bowman isn't afraid to pull the trigger on big trades, but he hasn't traded away many 1RPs (only in 2015 for Vermette and 2016 for Ladd), and this will be his first high-1st pick.

It might be more likely an off-season trade, but the value of Chicago's 1st will go up substantially after the end-of-season and lottery.
I wouldn't mind Seabrook plus their first overall if the team could somehow part ways with Eriksson, but I doubt very much Chicago would be willing to take him in a deal. Having two large boat anchor contracts to deal with while trying to sign all these young "generational" talents might prove difficult, particularly given that Seabrook's contract runs through 23-24.
Speaking of Chicago if Gaudettes teamate - Dylan Sikura decides to become a free agent Instead of signing with the Hawks should JimBro make a run for Sikura? The Hawks are trending terribly in the wrong direction, he may want to sign ul with a team trending in right direction like your JimBro Canucks??? You with me?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I was replying to what The Dude said a closer to the top of the page.....
Royal_Dude wrote: Linden and Benning seem to really like the leadership in the room that MDZ provide, that revelation in the room tells you he's staying.

I like what Benning said in how at last years year in meetings the kids all said that Sutter was the vet they all turned to for advice, but hey let's not talk about the importance of having someone like that for the kids to lean on.
I mean who knows how accurate that is, but if it's true.....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Islanders got loads of picks thanks to the Flames overpayment for Hamonic, could see a trade partner there regarding Guds
If the Stars want him, Jim had better be gently reminded by someone about the circumstances regarding the Hamhuis trade, and then drive a really hard bargain.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks have apparently inquired about Max Domi but the price too high.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sven+Huts for Domi+ getr done JB.

--
eklund levels:
RumorBreak:

Ottawa Senators discussing a HUGE trade with the Edmonton Oilers.
E.Karlsson + Hoffman
for
Puljujarvi + RNH + Klefbom + 2018 first.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I think Seabrook's contract is a boat anchor on a top-heavy Hawks team, I think it would fit fine as he's only adding $2 mil to the cap if Tanev (or another D) goes the other way. And as much as he's slipped in recent years, he'll still be the best dman on this team for quite a while.

If you want to get rid of Loui, unfortunately you're giving up other assets to get rid of the contract at this stage. His value is so low, might as well wait until the expansion draft or until his real salary drops.

And in spite of this season, I still believe his best season as a Canuck is yet to come - fortunately the bar is low that shouldn't be too far-fetched!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

IIRC I mentioned something like Eriksson for Seabrook as a base in the offseason last year and about 4-5 people started attacking me on here lol.

If you want to include Tanev in the deal, might as well get Saad back, heard rumours they might want to move him.

Tanev+Eriksson for Seabrook (20% retention) + Saad.

Hawks save a bit on the cap, and they can move Eriksson sooner, ditching about 3 years of Seabrooks contract at the end in the process.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm

I was replying to what The Dude said a closer to the top of the page.....
Royal_Dude wrote: Linden and Benning seem to really like the leadership in the room that MDZ provide, that revelation in the room tells you he's staying.

I like what Benning said in how at last years year in meetings the kids all said that Sutter was the vet they all turned to for advice, but hey let's not talk about the importance of having someone like that for the kids to lean on.
I mean who knows how accurate that is, but if it's true.....
Lol the dude is the source. No agenda there at all. I remember Sutter calling out a rookie to have grit and balls and saying Henrik shot the puck like a 10 year old girl.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:01 am Canucks have apparently inquired about Max Domi but the price too high.
Baertshi and Hutton enough to get talks started ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 am Sven+Huts for Domi+ getr done JB.

--
eklund levels:
RumorBreak:

E.Karlsson + Hoffman
for
Eklund is smoking Chiapet’s crack pipe hard there. That won’t come close to getting it done.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lancer wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 am Sven+Huts for Domi+ getr done JB.

--
eklund levels:
RumorBreak:

E.Karlsson + Hoffman
for
Eklund is smoking Chiapet’s crack pipe hard there. That won’t come close to getting it done.
Hell of a deal for Ottawa! That first would give them two chances at Dahlin this year.....and it's Edmonton's chance, so that like doubles the odds doesn't it?