Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by $lacker »

I could see a conditional 2nd. If Tampa makes the Conference Finals and or Edler plays x games the pick becomes a 1st. Plus a prospect.

That seems really light for a top-2 defencemen does it not? I would think a 1st and a A+ prospect or quality roster player would be the minimum.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

$lacker wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am
I could see a conditional 2nd. If Tampa makes the Conference Finals and or Edler plays x games the pick becomes a 1st. Plus a prospect.

That seems really light for a top-2 defencemen does it not? I would think a 1st and a A+ prospect or quality roster player would be the minimum.
It'll be the Keenan deal* express - Edler for Erne/Masin/3rd lets go!
(*Linden for mccabe/bertuzzi/3rd(ruutu).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

$lacker wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

31 years old with a year left on contract who can slot into any team's top-4? If Tampa makes it to the conf finals, that 1st rd pick is as good as a high 2nd rd pick. I think Benning could do better. Maybe someone like Erne or Koekkoek and some picks either way to even things out. Maybe Erne and their 2018 1st for Edler and Vancouver's 5th rd pick.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Royal_Dude wrote: My spidey senses tell me that Hutton gets traded in a "hockey trade". Benning and crew like Tanev too much and do you blame them. Hutton for a big bodied forward, this is has more to do with the possible graduation of 3 rookies next season and surrounding them with some sense of security
UWSaint wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:46 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 am I see Juolevi coming in making Hutton expendable.
Pouliot made Hutton expendable.

And Pouliot isn't really that good. Probably would have been put on waivers by the pen.

And that's not a dis on Pouliot. Just the facts.

But I agree, Dude, that Hutton goes for this "big bodied" forward. Benning's talk about the Canucks desire for a big bodied forward is a negotiation tactic. He figures that it's a better message than "shopping Hutton for anyone who will take him." But it won't change the value all that much. Hutton's making $2.8M and is now regularly sitting on a team with an underwhelming defense.....
Here's a thought on the Hutton thing.....

If Edler is on the move as rumours are swirling, does Hutton go with Goldobin for a top-4 left-side D? As much as I'm not a fan of Edler, he's the only truly serviceable top-4 D we have on the left-side. If Hutton and Edler are both gone, then we have MDZ, Pouliot, and Holm. Ouch.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Cal Foote
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lmfao

A 25 min d man if he waves would be a top 4 on ANY FUCKING TEAM INCLUDING THE PREDS. Sorry runts I take him over Ellis. But he might be worth a 2nd.

While all the chimps clap their paws.

Bwhaaaaaaaa

Hilarious
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nm
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Apparently Edler told Elmer he’s all good staying here. Good for him he’s a bargain at 5 million. See if you can negotiate him at Gudbranson money in the summer and tie him up for another three years. He’s easily the teams second best d man and after he and Tanev its a cliff dive to # 3
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A Gillis NTC strikes again! Will we ever be done with this guy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 pm Apparently Edler told Elmer he’s all good staying here. Good for him he’s a bargain at 5 million. See if you can negotiate him at Gudbranson money in the summer and tie him up for another three years. He’s easily the teams second best d man and after he and Tanev its a cliff dive to # 3
Speaking of excellent defence - The Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie, Hamonic Flames got lit up by the G-Knights last night.

The Flames are now not even in the final 2 wild card spots, the Ducks are running away from them and the kings have passed them, holy hot damn is that Hamonic trade looking dumber all the time. Garth Snow loves to bamboozle the Albertan teams, getting lottery picks and a whole bunch of 2nds for crap D-men. Where is Griffin Reinhart? Is he even on the radar anymore? Chiapet, what a beaut!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Does Treliving deserve a firing if the 2018 1st he gave to Garth Snow for Hamonic ends up a lottery pick? (Plus two 2nd round picks as well)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Hamilton trade was good, but that Hamonic one was bad, like my awesome breakdown? aha

But yup Snow fleecing Alberta!
--

Alexander Edler has been playing on fire lately, good to see his Team Sweden like bully play again, has a timely heavy hit from time to time and is on pace for over 30 points this season (top D pts on the squad) while averaging over 23 minutes TOI (team lead by a fair margin), and has the most shots on D with 119 so far.

Edler is also 2nd in team hits with 111, MDZ leads team with 172 hits.

Also he's been playing pretty good with everyone, notably lately with Gudbranson the vet pair.

Anyways Ben Hutton confidence is shot while playing under Travis Green, classic case of new coach, new faves get choosen by the eye of the new coach.

Hutton is a big boy, has a decent skating motor & has upside to score more with a new coach/systems etc, I can see the Jets or Bruins making a play for him, notably the Bruins who have been linked to Huts for awhile now in the trade rumours.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If you deal Tanev to TBL, you won't get any roster players, just picks and prospects.
"At the trade deadline, when you're trying to acquire players, usually teams that are selling are looking for younger players, draft picks and prospects," Yzerman told the Tampa Bay Times today. "At this stage, the young players on our team, we want to keep on our team and we want to add to that.

"We're trying to keep this team together with the hope of improving it."

"We're not totally satisfied with the way we're playing and recognize we need to improve in certain areas.

"You want to try to get better," Hedman said. "Without disrupting the chemistry and core of this team."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning ... nt-roster/
When the need to improve is the penalty kill from a dman perspective, I believe TBL are 24th in PK% in the league, Tanev would help that, plus he fits the age group of Tampa Bay Lightning's team and their window to win it all these next few years.

They won't sell the farm entirely which takes them out of the Karlsson and McDonagh sweepstakes, but they could pay up enough to land Tanev for example a 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & a top tier dman prospect - they keep their roster intact, plus more importantly add to it tremendously with Chris Tanev, while not losing too much of their future.

-

Sounds like a Nash deal is done
http://www.nhlrumourreport.com/2018/02/ ... um=twitter
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:41 pm ...but they could pay up enough to land Tanev for example a 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & a top tier dman prospect
I would be happy to see the Canucks take that, if it were offered.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

^No doubt!

We got a trade to announce.........
Dreger: Grabner to the Devils for a 2nd round pick and a prospect.
The THINKER's fave - the AUSTRIAN ROCKET.