Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote:You mean he thought the other guy right beside him would take the guy?
LOL: Always look at the other guy after a goal against.
Seriously though, the goalie has the best view. Watch who he looks at.
Miller was real good at that. :evil:
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It makes me laugh how everyone is now dog-piling on the latest Canuck whipping boy...

No doubt Gudbranson has warts, but if you harp on his being too aggressive on the PK the last game, you have to notice just how out of position Edler and Sutter are coming back off the side boards.

It's a split second, bang-bang play with him and Dorsett having to focus on a potential wrap-around as well as a backdoor from the left D. You can tell they both bit hard for the puck going behind the net and couldn't react quick enough as the across-the-grain pass came out to Silfverberg.

That was just a clusterfuck all-around.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote:It makes me laugh how everyone is now dog-piling on the latest Canuck whipping boy...
I blame the geeks and their "fancy stats".

KICK THEM HARD :twisted:

Half of all hockey fans love assholes.

The other half love computers...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ANAL ytics. They are.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

My belief is the metrics nerds were harassed by tough guys growing up, hence their pleasure in going after the 3rd/4th liners & bottom pairing dmen 'tough' guys.

While I see the geeks points, they put an unhealthy biased amount of time into their attack vs a certain group of individuals on the team, where they should concentrate on every player, notably the smaller players who are not producing points and are increasingly become floating perimeter players, but alas their metrics are mediocre, I guess that is why they are sneaking by not getting harassed by the analytic nerdo's, but that is the downside of stats watching, and not using the all seeing eye watch test of every type of player that should be applauded or scrutinized.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I said he was bad in the trade thread before we got him.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:My belief is the metrics nerds were harassed by tough guys growing up, hence their pleasure in going after the 3rd/4th liners & bottom pairing dmen 'tough' guys.

While I see the geeks points, they put an unhealthy biased amount of time into their attack vs a certain group of individuals on the team, where they should concentrate on every player, notably the smaller players who are not producing points and are increasingly become floating perimeter players, but alas their metrics are mediocre, I guess that is why they are sneaking by not getting harassed by the analytic nerdo's, but that is the downside of stats watching, and not using the all seeing eye watch test of every type of player that should be applauded or scrutinized.
+1 Ya, exactly. Too easy to be selective in criticism and too easy to skew what was a good performance.
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Benjo wrote:Image

The fringe defender with his head in the clouds
That's on Pouliot more than it's on Guds.

Pouliout had Silverberg covered and Guds was trying to stop the potential wrap around. Pouliot backed off of Silverberg and left him wide open with no pressure.

That and Edler just letting his man walk right to the net with ZERO contact.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You mean Dorsett and not Pouliot?

Yes, typically the Dmen are tight around the posts to prevent wrap-arounds and easy passes out from behind the net and will come out further to attack the slot when the puck is at the point.

The problem is Edler is so far out that he can't recover to his post and Sutter is in no man's land. He's nowhere even close to Silfverberg in the slot or Vatenen on the point. Like I said, a clusterfuck.

It's amazing that the guy on for the most PK goals against is spared from any criticism. I'm talking about Bo "Knows nothing about the PK". He has this defensive reputation when in reality is below average in his own zone. He drifts all over the place and is easily faked out of position and structure.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Oilers acquire Calamari for Jokerit.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:My belief is the metrics nerds were harassed by tough guys growing up, hence their pleasure in going after the 3rd/4th liners & bottom pairing dmen 'tough' guys.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benjo wrote:I said he was bad in the trade thread before we got him.
... an opinion based no doubt on fancy stats.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I am an aficionado of stats and so called "fancy stats". Unfortunately the numbers used in these amateur hockey analysis are complete bunk.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

The 2 teams, Arizona & Florida, most heavily built with analytics are both last in their respective conferences...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

"Lies, damned lies, and fancy statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.

Analytics are good. Constantly using stats for one argument while completely ignoring the same stats for similar arguments? Is weak.