Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:57 am Would you retain on Eriksson and move him for a guy like Perry?
No, because we shouldn't have to do that.

Anaheim is one of those teams that cares a lot about the bottom line.

If that trade was made after the July 1st signing bonuses are paid

... $21.5M real-dollars would be due Perry over 3 years and just $14M due Loui over 4 years.

At this stage of their careers Perry produces a little more offense but Loui is still an elite shutdown player/PKer.

Also I wouldn't do this deal because Loui doesn't have to be protected in the 2020 expansion draft, Perry does.

Ass an asside, I know this is the fantasy thread, but what are the odds of both players waiving their NTCs? :mrgreen:
The having to protect him in the expansion draft would be a big no go for me.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I'd rather let the hockey world learn to hate us again.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm
Also I wouldn't do this deal because Loui doesn't have to be protected in the 2020 expansion draft, Perry does.

Ass an asside, I know this is the fantasy thread, but what are the odds of both players waiving their NTCs? :mrgreen:
The having to protect him in the expansion draft would be a big no go for me.
Doc, you've done it again - opened my mind!

It's like you're playing 4D Chess with Benning!

Interesting discussion though, frankly my starting point was no way does Anaheim do the deal.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:57 am Would you retain on Eriksson and move him for a guy like Perry?

At this stage of their careers Perry produces a little more offense but Loui is still an elite shutdown player/PKer.

Perry maybe wouldn't mind moving on & joining a young squad that can afford him, and maybe Eriksson would like to join a vet contending team.

This deal would have to be done before July 1st for the aquabros to sign off on this as the Canucks would be taking the expensive player and retaining some cash on Loui., the duckaroos could then free up about $4M+ per depending on the salary retention on Loui,

Having it done before July 1st also allows the Ducks to plan for July 1st better.

Also Perry plus his agent and the Canucks can both agree during the transaction to waive his NMC altogether before finalizing the trade thus negating the issue of having to protect him during the Seattle expansion draft.

Going on about some of the players you can trade for Eriksson imo:
NTC/NMC aside....

Habs: Alzner or Shaw-injury prone, but Shaw's game is a player coach Green would like and habs coach Claude Julien knows and likes Eriksson' game.

Blues: Bouwmeester, had surgery, out till Sept/October ish, Blues could use help on wings.

Blackhawks: Seabrook (yes I know, just saying)

Isles: maybe Ladd (random assumption) Eriksson seems like he'd thrive beside Lee and Tavares, or LW with Barzal+Eberle.

If the team sells Edler while his value is at it's highest for a 1st, player, prospect, team could use a vet LD, so I wouldn't mind a big bruiser like Alzner for Eriksson.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

"He's a good two-way player," Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said of Eriksson. "He knows where to find the spots and score. [He] has a good shot, good release from either side. ... He spreads out your power play. He's fast and a good two-way player. There's a lot of his game that fits into how we play."

https://www.nhl.com/news/seguin-eriksso ... e/c-676555
Eriksson plus 2 mil retained for The Nuge

:drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 pm
"He's a good two-way player," Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said of Eriksson. "He knows where to find the spots and score. [He] has a good shot, good release from either side. ... He spreads out your power play. He's fast and a good two-way player. There's a lot of his game that fits into how we play."

https://www.nhl.com/news/seguin-eriksso ... e/c-676555
Eriksson plus 2 mil retained for The Nuge

:drink:
The Nuge became a keeper down the stretch in Edmonton as a winger flanking McDoofus.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Perry maybe wouldn't mind moving on & joining a young squad that can afford him, and maybe Eriksson would like to join a vet contending team.

This deal would have to be done before July 1st for the aquabros to sign off on this as the Canucks would be taking the expensive player and retaining some cash on Loui., the duckaroos could then free up about $4M+ per depending on the salary retention on Loui,

Having it done before July 1st also allows the Ducks to plan for July 1st better.

Also Perry plus his agent and the Canucks can both agree during the transaction to waive his NMC altogether before finalizing the trade thus negating the issue of having to protect him during the Seattle expansion draft.

Going on about some of the players you can trade for Eriksson imo:
NTC/NMC aside....

Habs: Alzner or Shaw-injury prone, but Shaw's game is a player coach Green would like and habs coach Claude Julien knows and likes Eriksson' game.

Blues: Bouwmeester, had surgery, out till Sept/October ish, Blues could use help on wings.

Blackhawks: Seabrook (yes I know, just saying)

Isles: maybe Ladd (random assumption) Eriksson seems like he'd thrive beside Lee and Tavares, or LW with Barzal+Eberle.

If the team sells Edler while his value is at it's highest for a 1st, player, prospect, team could use a vet LD, so I wouldn't mind a big bruiser like Alzner for Eriksson.
That blues one is interesting, I wonder if that take a crack at berglund, I think Jim likes him or at least was wanting to trade Garrison for him.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm Perry maybe wouldn't mind moving on & joining a young squad that can afford him

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I suppose this is why they call it the fantasy thread...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm Blues: Bouwmeester, had surgery, out till Sept/October ish, Blues could use help on wings.
That blues one is interesting, I wonder if that take a crack at berglund, I think Jim likes him or at least was wanting to trade Garrison for him.
Yeah JB was allegedly after Berglund during the Kesler wanted a trade year, but as we know RK only wanted to be in Anaheim.
Why a big Tanev could be more fruitful as he can be dealt to 23 teams.

Only way I can see Berglund being dealt is if the Blues really need $12M+ to sign Tavares if they can get him, as the Blues are after a top 6 center and a dman, they are in contender mode still with their vets.

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm Perry maybe wouldn't mind moving on & joining a young squad that can afford him
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I suppose this is why they call it the fantasy thread...
Hey man even MAF waived his NMC from the Cup championship team.
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has waived his no-movement clause for the expansion draft, he confirmed.

"The team came forward to me and asked. ... It gave them more [flexibility] for the future, for the summer, so they weren't scrambling to trade me," Fleury said, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/1961 ... sion-draft
The Ducks need to shake things up a bit, they becoming too stale.

Starting to see some Ducks fans that are wanting to trade Ritchie and Perry now fwiw.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya Benning had a trade Berglund straight up for Garrison. Garrison refused to waive to go there. A couple of days later Benning asked him again. Garrison said no. Next day the story gets leaked and the scrutiny is on and Garrison is getting bombarded by media. Benning asks him a third time. Garrison tells Benning to go chuck himself and leaves town. Garrison’s agent gets back to Benning a few days later and says he will waive only for Florida, Montreal and Tampa.

Florida says no thanks. Montreal says no thanks. Stevie Y offers a 2nd round pick. Garrison is traded to Tampa.

But Berglund was the target and a deal had been worked out with the Blues. Couldn’t have been any worse than Linden Vey.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 pm Hey man even MAF waived his NMC from the Cup championship team.
True but he didn't "waive his NMC altogether"...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 pm Hey man even MAF waived his NMC from the Cup championship team.
True but he didn't "waive his NMC altogether"...

Good point Doc. Flurry mentions that in waiving for expansion it saved everyone the hassle of the Pens trying to trade him , I assume over the summer. Either way Flurry’s time in Pittsburgh was up. If he hadn’t beehn selected by Vegas he would still have been able to control his destination.

Also, by waiving just for the draft his NMC is still in effect.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah if you can trade contract for contract, Eriksson for a defencemen, they should do it. It helps create the room at forward and helps the D situation out somewhat.

If the Canucks happen to win one of the 2nd or 3rd lottery rolls they will have no choice but take one of the wingers, BPA, which creates even more of a log jam at forward, Jimbro will definitely have to start moving forwards out and figure out how to balance the D out. Who he moves out is a mystery
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 pm Ya Benning had a trade Berglund straight up for Garrison. Garrison refused to waive to go there. A couple of days later Benning asked him again. Garrison said no. Next day the story gets leaked and the scrutiny is on and Garrison is getting bombarded by media. Benning asks him a third time. Garrison tells Benning to go chuck himself and leaves town. Garrison’s agent gets back to Benning a few days later and says he will waive only for Florida, Montreal and Tampa.

Florida says no thanks. Montreal says no thanks. Stevie Y offers a 2nd round pick. Garrison is traded to Tampa.

But Berglund was the target and a deal had been worked out with the Blues. Couldn’t have been any worse than Linden Vey.
Very different team if the berglund trade happened possibly different targets from Anaheim, and no linden vey. Thank Gillis for Jason garrison getting a ntc.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 pm Ya Benning had a trade Berglund straight up for Garrison. Garrison refused to waive to go there. A couple of days later Benning asked him again. Garrison said no. Next day the story gets leaked and the scrutiny is on and Garrison is getting bombarded by media. Benning asks him a third time. Garrison tells Benning to go chuck himself and leaves town. Garrison’s agent gets back to Benning a few days later and says he will waive only for Florida, Montreal and Tampa.

Very different team if the berglund trade happened possibly different targets from Anaheim, and no linden vey. Thank Gillis for Jason garrison getting a ntc.
If Garrison didn't get that NTC he probably doesn't sign unless he got more $$$ which means St. Louis probably doesn't want him.