Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: And, seriously, what would Kane want to come here?
As a large, physical, nasty 26-year-old 25-goal-scorer who skates like the wind

... I'd say he will demand a minimum of $7M X 7 years.

And he'd be worth every penny IMESHO. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote:
Tciso wrote: And, seriously, what would Kane want to come here?
As a large, physical, nasty 26-year-old 25-goal-scorer who skates like the wind

... I'd say he will demand a minimum of $7M X 7 years.

And he'd be worth every penny IMESHO. :mex:
Wow. The Doctor is Out! I can't believe you would seriously give Kane $7x7. I'd take a flyer on him at $5.5x3, but nothing more. He is a 26 year old 25goals/25 assists player who has had long stretches of injuries. You want to offer him Kesler/Hall/Duchene/Couture kind of money when he doesn't have those kinds of numbers to back it up.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The cap is going up and so too are Eastvander's numbers.

Eastvander makes $6M right now in real dollars.

There will be a lot of teams with a lot of cap space this summer

(cap supposed to rise by $5M-7M)

... and only one or two top UFAs.

If Lucic got $6M last summer, Eastvander gets $7M next summer.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kane won't get that kind of money, at least he shouldn't, he's getting lucky playing on the top line iirc with Eichel, so his stats are obviously going to go up.

$6M per is the standard for good UFA wingers, especially for a north/south type player who can't pass for shit. $6.5M is max I'd go for that, BUT if wants term - then $6m x 6 is probably what would make him satisfied.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Anyone think that the Coilers would have interest in a trade that sent them a center and a goalie as the centerpiece of a trade for Nugent-Hopkins? Their biggest problem is on the defensive side of the puck. They are below 50% in the circle, they have the worst PK in the league, and goaltending is a gaping hole with Talbot down and out and nobody in the pipeline that even loosely resembles an up and comer to even be a competent backup.

They also have a major cap crunch coming next season as McDavid and Draisaitl are going to combine to eat up a full 25% of their cap and a few other key spots are also due for new contacts. Most notably, Maroon, Nurse, and Letestu.

Sutter + Nilsson + 2nd for Nugent-Hopkins.

Obviously the value of that trade to Edmonton is contingent on how close Sutter and Talbot are to returning. Even still, Talbot is not what he was last year, and riding him into the ground is no way to ensure the longevity of your number one goalie.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:Anyone think that the Coilers would have interest in a trade that sent them a center and a goalie as the centerpiece of a trade for Nugent-Hopkins? Their biggest problem is on the defensive side of the puck. They are below 50% in the circle, they have the worst PK in the league, and goaltending is a gaping hole with Talbot down and out and nobody in the pipeline that even loosely resembles an up and comer to even be a competent backup.

They also have a major cap crunch coming next season as McDavid and Draisaitl are going to combine to eat up a full 25% of their cap and a few other key spots are also due for new contacts. Most notably, Maroon, Nurse, and Letestu.

Obviously the value of that trade to Edmonton is contingent on how close Sutter and Talbot are to returning. Even still, Talbot is not what he was last year, and riding him into the ground is no way to ensure the longevity of your number one goalie.
How about Gudbranson and Nilsson for RHN plus a conditional second. Conditional upon then resigning Gudbranson.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:Anyone think that the Coilers would have interest in a trade that sent them a center and a goalie as the centerpiece of a trade for Nugent-Hopkins? Their biggest problem is on the defensive side of the puck. They are below 50% in the circle, they have the worst PK in the league, and goaltending is a gaping hole with Talbot down and out and nobody in the pipeline that even loosely resembles an up and comer to even be a competent backup.

How about Gudbranson and Nilsson for RHN plus a conditional second. Conditional upon then resigning Gudbranson.
I'd be fine with that, but I doubt Oilers would want to entertain it. They already have $4M or more committed to 4 defenseman, and Nurse will be RFA this summer. He's probably going to warrant a $2.5+M bridge deal, if not more. He's not stellar, but he's tough and plays a hard game.

I also don't see many teams taking one of those defensemen not named Larsson off of the Oiler's payroll at those salaries and terms.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I like that!! 24 fits the bill. Right age.
See no reason Demko couldn't benefit from a few starts as well.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hopkins is a weenie...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote:Hopkins is a weenie...
Why? I think he'd be pretty damned snappy if he got outta Connor's mansion.
Maybe even a little more this;
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/136363
"evolution"
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

micky107 wrote:
Who in the sweet fuck is Hinostroza?

More likely be much of this (and this is Dan "Heavyweight" Hamhuis :roll: ):

Weenie
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

I'd be fine with that, but I doubt Oilers would want to entertain it. They already have $4M or more committed to 4 defenseman, and Nurse will be RFA this summer. He's probably going to warrant a $2.5+M bridge deal, if not more. He's not stellar, but he's tough and plays a hard game.

I also don't see many teams taking one of those defensemen not named Larsson off of the Oiler's payroll at those salaries and terms.
Lol why would Edmonton make that trade ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:

Lol Hinostroza is 5'9" 173 lbs! :santa:

Weenie...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

^^^this*^^
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote:
micky107 wrote:

Lol Hinostroza is 5'9" 173 lbs! :santa:

Weenie...
You just don't like it because you believe in Sutter. A man Benning brought here.
But: What if it was the master plan to sign him and then move him at the appropriate time?
Sit back, listen to the music, and here the Nuge calling to you. :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUgGs9IStY
"evolution"