Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cherry Picker »

SKYO, I pity your team when they face mine, but I’ll still cheer for them, as has been my habit for the last few years.
Hey, at least the Canucks will get a good shot at Hughes next year which seems to be your goal based on your team construction, but I’ll still be thinking they could have made the playoffs if they’d listened to the master team builder instead of the master trader.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm I’ve got a better idea.
Keep Tanev because duh
Keep Baertschi because duh
Keep the first round pick because duh
Keep all those other guys because duh
Nope, trade all those guys for Karlsson because duh.

(as an aside, Blob calls all those guys garbage) :lol:

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm Don’t get Karlsson for maybe one season
:wow:

As I clearly stated... the trade would hinge on being allowed to negotiate an 8-year extension before pulling the trigger.

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm Take out the cheque book and start writing some Sundin contracts - huge bucks, short term, that other teams won’t match using the Sedin’s cap space. These’ll be three year contracts while Pettersson and Dahlen are cost controlled on ELCs
Speaking of "things I've clearly stated"... :scowl:

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm Sign potentially cup winning defenseman UFA Carlson 3 yrs 10.5
Carlson would not choose that over the $8 X 8 that Washigton will offer.

#31.5M vs $64M... do you see the difference? :sly:

He's going to go for that truckload of guaranteed cash vs risking a major injury/ falling off during the next 3 season.

This is why I've repeatedly said only older UFAs will accept short-term deals (Green, Filppula, etc)

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm Am I right?
You are Wrongo Luongo.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 am All those pieces are garbage. And Eriksson IS a cap dump as bad as Ryan. Great that he doesn’t have very much actual salary to pay out after July 1, but he is still siphoning 6 million off the cap
Okay maybe I used the wrong term there in "cap dump". :roll:

But the point I have been making is...

After July 1st Loui is due $14M in real dollars over the next 4 seasons.

After July 1st Bobby is due $27M in real dollars over the next 4 seasons.

"siphoning 6 million off the cap" :scowl:

Ottawa doesn't care about the cap, they care about real dollars... is any of this getting through??

Over the last few seasons these two players are a wash offensively but Loui is elite defensively.

(so the Sens get the much better player at half the real dollar salary)

The point I have been making is that Ottawa would save ~ $50M over the lives of all those contracts.

(they'd lose Karlsson but gain Tanev, lose some bad contracts and gain some good ones, fill their holes, gain 7th overall)

"All those pieces are garbage" :shock:

So Tanev, Baertschi, Goldie, Hutton (50% retained), Eriksson ($3.5M avg real bucks per year), 7th overall are "Garbage". :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:40 pm Fuck ya man. Just need to sell JC and Reaves on this being the place.
Whos buying the hookers?
BARKEEP... whisky and fresh hookers for me and my men!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:32 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 am All those pieces are garbage. And Eriksson IS a cap dump as bad as Ryan. Great that he doesn’t have very much actual salary to pay out after July 1, but he is still siphoning 6 million off the cap
Okay maybe I used the wrong term there in "cap dump". :roll:

But the point I have been making is...

After July 1st Loui is due $14M in real dollars over the next 4 seasons.

After July 1st Bobby is due $27M in real dollars over the next 4 seasons.

"siphoning 6 million off the cap" :scowl:

Ottawa doesn't care about the cap, they care about real dollars... is any of this getting through??

Over the last few seasons these two players are a wash offensively but Loui is elite defensively.

(so the Sens get the much better player at half the real dollar salary)

The point I have been making is that Ottawa would save ~ $50M over the lives of all those contracts.

(they'd lose Karlsson but gain Tanev, lose some bad contracts and gain some good ones, fill their holes, gain 7th overall)

"All those pieces are garbage" :shock:

So Tanev, Baertschi, Goldie, Hutton (50% retained), Eriksson ($3.5M avg real bucks per year), 7th overall are "Garbage". :lol:
I meant to post that all the pieces besides Tanev are garbage. I think you know I’m a pretty big backer of Tanev.The rest of the pieces are trash for sure.

Lol this is you assuming Ottawa wants a high cap hit andcthat Melnyk wants a bare bones payroll. I’m sure there are guys similar to Spezza that don’t have four more years of garbage time left like Eriksson if they need to hit the floor for a year or two.

And I didn’t see the 7th in there till now... little editing job perhaps?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:19 pm I meant to post that all the pieces besides Tanev are garbage. I think you know I’m a pretty big backer of Tanev.The rest of the pieces are trash for sure.
So you're a fuckup... and you missed the 7th overall.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:19 pm Lol this is you assuming Ottawa wants a high cap hit andcthat Melnyk wants a bare bones payroll.
No, this is assuming they want good-value contracts (they wouldn't have "a high cap hit)

It's common knowledge Melnyk wants to save money, he complains about losing money all the time.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:19 pm I’m sure there are guys similar to Spezza that don’t have four more years of garbage time left like Eriksson if they need to hit the floor for a year or two.
Eriksson at $3.5M is a good value contract and brings them something they need.

It's common knowledge they're willing to take less in a Karlsson deal if the team will take on that horrible contract...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:19 pm And I didn’t see the 7th in there till now... little editing job perhaps?
Really? :scowl:

It's been there all along, stop drinking...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who would know if the first was there or not all along? I don’t check to see who edits what.

You sure sound angry though. Gout flare up again? Get some weight off and cut down on the fireball and homemade beer

Eriksson is not a good value contract. He should be making the league minimum for his play, his demeanour and most of all for his hair. He makes Jesse James and Cole Younger look like honest men.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:40 pm Who would know if the first was there or not all along? I don’t check to see who edits what.
Seriously, fuck you.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:40 pm Who would know if the first was there or not all along? I don’t check to see who edits what.
Seriously, fuck you.
Lol I didn’t see it there at first glance. No need for you to get so angry. It’s all right for you to call people a fuckup or to have another drink. Glass houses and all that shit. :)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Ottawa could get a better package for an extended Karlsson from almost any other team in the league. Anything that doesn't start with our best prospect (EP), gets the dial tone pretty quick.

Melnyk is a cheap fuck, that's for sure. But in order to make money, he needs to sell tickets. Karlsson does that. Tanev and those other spare parts do not. Ottawa is already picking 4th, so getting 7th overall isn't enough to overlook trading the best player the franchise has ever had.

EP+Tanev+37th OA might get their attention, but I have no interest in doing that for a guy with questionable health and who will cost 11-12M after next season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:53 pm
Seriously, fuck you.
Lol I didn’t see it there at first glance. No need for you to get so angry. It’s all right for you to call people a fuckup or to have another drink. Glass houses and all that shit. :)
It's just that doing what you suggested would be an abuse of mod-powers.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 pm EP+Tanev+37th OA might get their attention, but I have no interest in doing that for a guy with questionable health and who will cost 11-12M after next season.
If you're right then none us want to trade for Karlsson...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 pm Ottawa could get a better package for an extended Karlsson from almost any other team in the league. Anything that doesn't start with our best prospect (EP), gets the dial tone pretty quick.

Melnyk is a cheap fuck, that's for sure. But in order to make money, he needs to sell tickets. Karlsson does that. Tanev and those other spare parts do not. Ottawa is already picking 4th, so getting 7th overall isn't enough to overlook trading the best player the franchise has ever had.

EP+Tanev+37th OA might get their attention, but I have no interest in doing that for a guy with questionable health and who will cost 11-12M after next season.
I know there are those that will say Karlsson is the way to go for a Vancouver fan base that is, well, desperate.
The price for the player himself will be too high. At least 14 mil, long term, man.
And then just because of one freakin year, you have to endure getting dragged thru the coals in a trade!
Makes no sense to me.

If we must, John Carlson would be a more prudent get.
There is just a year's age dif.
I realize that when Erik is healthy, he can probably set up plays better, starting from his own zone.
John is pretty adept at it too. More dynamic than anything we have.

The point is do we really have to, or try to, obtain either?
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:29 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 pm EP+Tanev+37th OA might get their attention, but I have no interest in doing that for a guy with questionable health and who will cost 11-12M after next season.
If you're right then none us want to trade for Karlsson...
I'm not sure why anyone in our position would, given the cost. He's a top-10 player in the league, you're not getting him (extended) for anything less than your best prospect, a top-6/4, and a pick. In my mind, that just creates holes elsewhere and prolongs our mediocrity.

I think we'd be very smart to play some dirty pool and remind the hockey world (repeadedly) that we're saving cap space for next summer, and building for a run in a couple years. Let the agents know that guys like Karlsson or Doughty or OEL or even Myers will be most welcome to sign a yuuuuuge deal in Vancouver.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Seriously, fuck you.
I’m gonna go ahead and second this notion