Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by black ace » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:48 pm

I think they need to make room on Defence. Ive seen enough of Hutton, Gudbranson and Edler to know none are getting better. If Edler wants to stay then i trade the 2 others. Id like to see Holm given 15+ games to see if he can be penciled in to the top 8 next year. Also like to see what we have in Chatenfield.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion

black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 am
Canucks have apparently inquired about Max Domi but the price too high.
Baertshi and Hutton enough to get talks started ?
Im not sure i do that trade. I dont share the love for Domi.

Hes a diferent style but hes 5'9" and doesnt bring that much more offence than Baertschi does he ?

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm

black ace wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Hes a diferent style but hes 5'9" and doesnt bring that much more offence than Baertschi does he ?
A bit more and he’s three years younger and plays with a bit of an edge. Played with Bo in junior and has averaged close to 50
Points over 82 while Svennis closer to 40. With Hutton I don’t see much more than a bottom pairing d man who can skate.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm
A bit more and he’s three years younger and plays with a bit of an edge. Played with Bo in junior and has averaged close to 50
Points over 82 while Svennis closer to 40. With Hutton I don’t see much more than a bottom pairing d man who can skate.
Yeah I think Domi is the more talented player for sure, and you gotta wonder what playing in Arizona does for a kid's will to compete. If you're out of it by December and playing in front of 2800 people, why not hit the pool, bang chicks and mail it in?

That said, I'm not sure what Baertschi+Hutton does for them. Hutton can't stay in our lineup, not sure where he fits with OEL-Goligoski-Demers-Chychrun-Connaughton-Hjarlmarsson-Schenn.

black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
black ace wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Domi would probably be an upgrade on Sven but whats the value of a youngish defenceman ? And if the 'Yotes want more than that ? Like a 3rd round pick ? or a B prospect ?

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Black Ace ,Elmer tosses around 2nd rounders for fuck all why would he give a shit about a 3rd rounder ? :lol:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm
Black Ace ,Elmer tosses around 2nd rounders for fuck all why would he give a shit about a 3rd rounder ? :lol:
Ummmm Ace was asking YOU what YOU would do in the scenario above.

Only God knows why... :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Yeah I think Domi is the more talented player for sure, and you gotta wonder what playing in Arizona does for a kid's will to compete. If you're out of it by December and playing in front of 2800 people, why not hit the pool, bang chicks and mail it in?

That said, I'm not sure what Baertschi+Hutton does for them. Hutton can't stay in our lineup, not sure where he fits with OEL-Goligoski-Demers-Chychrun-Connaughton-Hjarlmarsson-Schenn.
Ole Connauton has eked himself out a pretty good career - Connauton and a 2nd round pick for Derek Roy

Domi is a dangerous trade, his first round pick status and junior career is giving him overvaluation. He has 4 goals this year and only 13 in his last 120 games. You don't sell the farm for this, he's not trending well. Not too mention he's not a great influence in the room
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm
In 4 drafts JimBro Benning has made 29 draft picks. One pick over a team's allotted amount of 7 picks per draft.

Yup it's a free for all according to Fanny Pack McKenzie
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:06 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Ole Connauton has eked himself out a pretty good career - Connauton and a 2nd round pick for Derek Roy

Domi is a dangerous trade, his first round pick status and junior career is giving him overvaluation. He has 4 goals this year and only 13 in his last 120 games. You don't sell the farm for this, he's not trending well. Not too mention he's not a great influence in the room
Lol Hutton and Baertschi is the farm.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 am

Word on the street that the asking price for Domi is high. Not talking bout Gillis' - Hutton, or Baertschi. Just talking about the dangers of giving up a lot to get an overvalued player trending in the wrong direction with questionsble work ethic

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 am

4 points in his last 4 games playing a new position for most of the year. You are the only on to float this questionable work ethic just like you ar the only one that says all the young players look up to Sutter and run to him for advice. I’m sure Goldobin just loves Sutter

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:38 am

It was Benning who said that about Sutter and I can't remember the scribe who said that Duclair and Domi are disruptive to the young room in Arizona

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am

Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am
Lol of course Benning will say that. He gave him a sweetheart contract for 30 point seasons of soft play.

Everybody heard him say a team icon shoots the puck like a 10 year old girl and throw another young kid under the bus by saying he has to play with grit and balls. When has Sutter done this ? I know every other Sutter played with grit and balls but not this one.
So you have it on good word that Benning is lying? Agenda much?