Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 am

Friedman and McKenzie both have revealed what Benning said - picks and prospects are like Gold this year. Combine that with Vaneks history of a playoff no show, not surprised Benning is only getting offers like a 4th round pick

With what's being said don't see teams letting go of gold for UFA rentals like Gudbranson which is they are trying to resign him. I don't mind resigning Guds fir his toughness but not sure I could handle the Benning haters moans over a multi given to Guds

Hearing Benning go on about injuries, would not be surprised to see chris "Salo" Tanev traded, probably the only potential return that' would excite this city.

Hutton won't get us much, maybe a 3rd at best, but doubt it

Linden and Benning seem to really like the leadership in the room that MDZ provide, that revelation in the room tells you he's staying.

I like what Benning said in how at last years year in meetings the kids all said that Sutter was the vet they all turned to for advice, but hey let's not talk about the importance of having someone like that for the kids to lean on.

Really not expecting much action at the TDL but it's going to be joyful watching Halford, Brough, Bitchford, Patterson, Sekeres and Price jumping off cliffs from it
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am

Ya Dude I’m not expecting much either. I’m open to being pleasantly surprised though.

I’m on board with re-signing Gudbranson, with no NTC, and moving on from Tanev. I think Tanev is a stabilizing player for us but his injury history is troubling. I think we could get a good return as well.

But barring that type of move we really don’t have any playoff impact players.

Players like Hutton can be off season moves. With Hutton, Pouliot, Holm, Juolevi, MDZ and Edler on the left something has to give.
The only HW the Canucks need

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:12 am

Dude it has fuck all to do with being a “Benning hater” as to why they need to move Gudbranson and NOT re-sign him. He is looking for 18 million over 4 years. He is a bottom pairing defenceman that plays 17 or 18 min a night. Yet you wouldn’t mind grossly overpaying him.

Take the 2nd for Gudbranson and the 3rd or 4th for Vanek. If anyone offers anything at all decent for Hutton, Stecher or Pouliot by all means take it. They are all barely good enough to play in the league. If you can get a 7th for Biega or Dowd take it. Strip this thing to the bones. Accumulate picks and find other slugs in the summer for cheap.

Benning had better be active this deadline with his UFA. Giving Gudbranson Tanev money for Polak play is asinine.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dangler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:21 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gudbranson become a top 4 in the future, but with all the injuries the Canucks need another 1 year show me contract and thats not going to happen as he wants a more substantial contract. Time to move on,get what you can.
Retool Rebuild

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:12 am
Dude it has fuck all to do with being a “Benning hater” as to why they need to move Gudbranson and NOT re-sign him. He is looking for 18 million over 4 years. He is a bottom pairing defenceman that plays 17 or 18 min a night. Yet you wouldn’t mind grossly overpaying him.

Take the 2nd for Gudbranson and the 3rd or 4th for Vanek. If anyone offers anything at all decent for Hutton, Stecher or Pouliot by all means take it. They are all barely good enough to play in the league. If you can get a 7th for Biega or Dowd take it. Strip this thing to the bones. Accumulate picks and find other slugs in the summer for cheap.

Benning had better be active this deadline with his UFA. Giving Gudbranson Tanev money for Polak play is asinine.
Gudbranson and Edler have actually looked good as a pairing. Edler is such a simpleton that he can’t be a two way dman that is leaned upon heavily on both departments. With Ehrhoff he had to be physical and contribute defensively, his offense came as a byproduct of not having to think about it because ‘Hoff dealt with that side of things. With Gudbranson he’s the puck mover and Guds is the physical guy at home. It works. With Tanev he has a partner who is defensively solid but Edler still has to be the physical presence down low and help move the puck and it’s like he gets overwhelmed or something.

The only reason Gudbranson had 12 fewer minutes of ice time than Edler last night was because the Canucks had 12 minutes of PP time and Gudbranson doesn’t play the PP.

I would move on from Tanev right now as his return would be big and for where we are at now as a team his loss wouldn’t be as acutely felt as one might think.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 am

I would move Tanev too because he has the most value.

It might not fetch max value during this TD, I'd wait for the off-season when teams evaluate their needs.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:39 am

Hank wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 am

It might not fetch max value during this TD, I'd wait for the off-season when teams evaluate their needs.
Move both of them. Unless Gudbranson is willing to stay for 3 million or thereabouts ship his ass out.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:39 am
Hank wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 am

Move both of them. Unless Gudbranson is willing to stay for 3 million or thereabouts ship his ass out.
As I have stated, everyone is a movable asset. I agree that during THIS TD, they need to absolutely find a taker for Vanek and decide on Gudbranson.

We need to trade market-value Guds. I'm with ya bud.

I just don't want to hear all the moaning if Vanek only fetches a 4th. I don't want to hear all the bitching if Guds gets re-signed at term for "reasonable" prices.

Ah, what do I expect? Of course there'll be shit and piss all over regardless of what happens.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am

Meds wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 am
Gudbranson and Edler have actually looked good as a pairing. Edler is such a simpleton that he can’t be a two way dman that is leaned upon heavily on both departments. With Ehrhoff he had to be physical and contribute defensively, his offense came as a byproduct of not having to think about it because ‘Hoff dealt with that side of things. With Gudbranson he’s the puck mover and Guds is the physical guy at home. It works. With Tanev he has a partner who is defensively solid but Edler still has to be the physical presence down low and help move the puck and it’s like he gets overwhelmed or something.
It pains me to say this... but this is very close to how I've been seeing this.

And I'll say again here that HW and I have been on the same page all season:

Trade a LS dee, not a RS dee.

Benning has been gud at re-signings, I could see him getting The Guds done at $3.5 x 5.

I'd be gud with that...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am

Gudbranson and Edler look good together because both are free from their baby sitting duties. Edler doesn't have to be the stay at home guy on the pairing and Gudbranson dosen't have to worry about his partner taking the same man as him on the incoming play.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 am

Topper wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am
Gudbranson and Edler look good together because both are free from their baby sitting duties. Edler doesn't have to be the stay at home guy on the pairing and Gudbranson dosen't have to worry about his partner taking the same man as him on the incoming play.
Well shit, I'm just agreeing with everyone today...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am

Edler and Gudbranson were both -3 last night

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am
Edler and Gudbranson were both -3 last night
To be fair they played the hardest minutes with a shitty goaltending performance by Marky last night.

Conversely The fourth line crushed the CF% Virtanen 59%, Dowd 63% and Boucher 71%

Along with Vanek, and the 3rd pairing Hutton and Pouliot, granted they played the least amount of minutes sheltered.

-

& shit I'd take a 4th for Vanek, but I think right at the deadline after Nash, Maroon are gone he'd at least get a 3rd or a decent prospect, teams will get desperate.

Hutton should net a similar aged winger in the good ol' Hockey Deal. (jenner?)

Analysts suggest a 2nd and B grade prospect for Guds, would be what it takes to get him.

Tanev nets the biggest haul if he's dealt, would take a big offer to get him out of Vancity, I think a trade of this magnitude is likelier at the draft it were to happen though. On HF a lot of Anaheim Ducks fans were interested in paying up prospects/picks for Tanev, after they lost Vatanen, they realized they need a top 4 Dman asap.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ESQ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:45 pm

SKYO wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm
Tanev nets the biggest haul if he's dealt, would take a big offer to get him out of Vancity, I think a trade of this magnitude is likelier at the draft it were to happen though. On HF a lot of Anaheim Ducks fans were interested in paying up prospects/picks for Tanev, after they lost Vatanen, they realized they need a top 4 Dman asap.
I wonder what JB could get out of Chicago if he were willing to take on Seabrook's salary. I would love to get their 1st somehow, I think it'll be a high-lottery pick when all is said and done. And even the diminished Seabrook is likely the best dman on this team.

I wonder if Tanev + Goldy would get Seabrook + 1st?

Bowman isn't afraid to pull the trigger on big trades, but he hasn't traded away many 1RPs (only in 2015 for Vermette and 2016 for Ladd), and this will be his first high-1st pick.

It might be more likely an off-season trade, but the value of Chicago's 1st will go up substantially after the end-of-season and lottery.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:12 pm

With the Sedins staying mum about their plans next year, and the kids saying it’s Sutter they go to for advice from a vet, combined with DelZotto being a major leadership presence for them as well, Benning should not be in a rush to trade Vanek. If the return for Vanek is less than a 3rd, then give him 2 years @ $3M (?). Don’t offer the Sedins a new contract, even if they want one, until you have a better picture of what you can/cannot get come July 1st. Proceed as if they are retiring and let Vanek be the old man in the room. A couple of years for him isn’t bad, and it means only one roster spot taken from a young player instead of two.

And if babysitting has been the issue for Edler and Gudbranson as Topper suggests, then do indeed move out Tanev for a big and exciting return, and also move out one of the babysittees.....preferably Hutton.