Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Very relevant to the tradesand rumour section. Congratulations Pacific Blue :o
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am
Could have been worse for Yzerman. He could have traded a 2nd for Linden Vey :lol:
Garrison 5 year, $5.5 million NTC Contract when Yzerman acquired him. Admit, your boi Garrison the Sofite was shite, it was contract dump onto the unsuspecting Yzerman. Vey was a Wilbrod guy, like Dorsett. Dorsett worked out, Vey didn't. Veys Dad is a lunatic, messed with the poor kids head. You win some you lose some, Benning has won way more than he's lost

Hey, Vey, along with Raymond, are Olympians now!
The only HW the Canucks need

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

No harm no foul, it's a continuum from the Gudbranson for Foote trade discussion. Started the post with me agreeing with you in that yes Tampa would probably not do the trade then so then I analyzed the options cause you are extremely high on Tampas prospect pool but in my findings it became clear that you are over valuing the entire Tampa prospect pool. They may have quantity in middling meh prospects but no standouts, most likely only 3% of their prospects may have an ok NHL career
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm
No harm no foul, it's a continuum from the Gudbranson for Foote trade discussion. Started the post with me agreeing with you in that yes Tampa would probably not do the trade then so then I analyzed the options cause you are extremely high on Tampas prospect pool but in my findings it became clear that you are over valuing the entire Tampa prospect pool. They may have quantity in middling meh prospects but no standouts, most likely only 3% of their prospects may have an ok NHL career
And Brayden Point is a fourth line player in this meth world . Gotcha :thumbs:

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm
And Brayden Point is a fourth line player in this meth world . Gotcha :thumbs:
I was looking at their prospect pool for trade options other than Foote. Point is in his 2nd season as an NHLer.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Of course they only had a half dozen guys in the wjc including four on Team Canada and two others who should have played for Russia,

At least do a BIT of research

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am
Could have been worse for Yzerman. He could have traded a 2nd for Linden Vey :lol:
Garrison 5 year, $5.5 million NTC Contract when Yzerman acquired him. Admit, your boi Garrison the Sofite was shite, it was contract dump onto the unsuspecting Yzerman. Vey was a Wilbrod guy, like Dorsett. Dorsett worked out, Vey didn't. Veys Dad is a lunatic, messed with the poor kids head. You win some you lose some, Benning has won way more than he's lost

Hey, Vey, along with Raymond, are Olympians now!
About a 1/3 of the Olympic team is ex-Canucks..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm

LOL who the fuck cares how many prospects they had at the WJC's none of them are grade A prospects. Seriously who do you see in that group of prospects taking the NHL world by storm? I wouldn't trade any of Pettersen, Juolevi, Demko, Gaudette, Tryamkin for any of their prospects. You might make a case for trading Gadjovich, Lind, Dahlen straight up for a couple of them but to be honest I wouldn't even do that

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Ok buds. Call me from the Astoria in a bit :drink:

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm
LOL who the fuck cares how many prospects they had at the WJC's none of them are grade A prospects. Seriously who do you see in that group of prospects taking the NHL world by storm? I wouldn't trade any of Pettersen, Juolevi, Demko, Gaudette, Tryamkin for any of their prospects. You might make a case for trading Gadjovich, Lind, Dahlen straight up for a couple of them but to be honest I wouldn't even do that
Yet your hockey writers outfit that you always use when they praise Vancouver, had Tampa ranked # 2 in the league for prospects. The same crew that had Vancouver ranked # 7

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:56 am

Quality vs Quantiy bubbles. Yay for Tampa they have a lot of bottom 6 potential forwards. With the exception of Foote, Katchouk, Raddysh I could care less about the rest of their prospect pool, and I wouldn't even call Raddysh, Katchouk, Foote great prospects by any means. But hey do what you do Bubbles.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:01 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:56 am
Quality vs Quantiy bubbles. Yay for Tampa they have a lot of bottom 6 potential forwards. With the exception of Foote, Katchouk, Raddysh I could care less about the rest of their prospect pool, and I wouldn't even call Raddysh, Katchouk, Foote great prospects by any means. But hey do what you do Bubbles.
But the hockey writers SAID Tampa Bay is # 2. Are they not your go to source for prospects when you want to make announcements about how amazing the Canucks prospect pool is ?

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:01 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:56 am
But the hockey writers SAID Tampa Bay is # 2. Are they not your go to source for prospects when you want to make announcements about how amazing the Canucks prospect pool is ?
The Canucks are ranked 7th so many miles separating the two, yet you rag on Benning but fag on Yzerman. Benning has made big strides from the leagues shittiest prospect pool he inherited from your Boi Gillis. The bottom line you win with elite talent, I see no elite talent in Tampas pool, just a whole bunch of middling talent that may or may not have impactful NHL careers.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 am

So the hockey writers are only a good source when you are promoting an agenda ?

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 am

They are a great source. The Canucks have higher end talent hence the 7th overall ranking. Tampa has a plethora of middling prospects. You win with elite talent.