Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am

So assists don’t count ?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:51 am

As for that other wad of shit: Forsling played 15 games in the AHL, but also had 13 points in 41 games in the NHL. I noticed you omitted that. Bonino and Sutter are both overpaid 3rd line centres. Did I advocate signing Bonino to a fat contract like that ? Nope. I said the Garrison trade for the 2nd round pick was fine several times. The trade of the pick for Linden Vey was terribad. Not sure what your obsession with Garrison is. So Sbisa got a few points, good for him. He was still fifth in average ice time among Vegas d men. What the fuck does Griffin Reinhart have to do with anything ?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11509
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am
So assists don’t count ?
You still taking Ritchie over Jake?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7928
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 am
Sbisa - 30 games - 2 goals 12 assists plus 8

Hamonic - 74 games - 1 goal 10 assists minus 9
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:31 am
Clendenning - Rockford IceDogs
4 goals 25 assists

Gustav Forsling - Rockford IceDogs
1 goal 2 assists
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 am
Meanwhile down on the Golden Knights farm team

Jason Garrison - 8 goals 20 assists
Griffin Reinhart - 2 goals 10 assists
Image

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am
So assists don’t count ?
You still taking Ritchie over Jake?
Maybe... not sure. Ritchie is a more physical player and a lot tougher. Virtanen has so much speed though. I’d say Jake might be one of the fastest guys in the entire league. He made some decent strides this year but what is he long term? He needs to bring a lot more offence than he has.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Reefer2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:51 am
As for that other wad of shit: Forsling played 15 games in the AHL, but also had 13 points in 41 games in the NHL. I noticed you omitted that. Bonino and Sutter are both overpaid 3rd line centres. Did I advocate signing Bonino to a fat contract like that ? Nope. I said the Garrison trade for the 2nd round pick was fine several times. The trade of the pick for Linden Vey was terribad. Not sure what your obsession with Garrison is. So Sbisa got a few points, good for him. He was still fifth in average ice time among Vegas d men. What the fuck does Griffin Reinhart have to do with anything ?
Seriously give it up Blob, RD is RD.

He flings enough around until something sticks.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Hank » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am
So assists don’t count ?
You still taking Ritchie over Jake?
Maybe... not sure. Ritchie is a more physical player and a lot tougher. Virtanen has so much speed though. I’d say Jake might be one of the fastest guys in the entire league. He made some decent strides this year but what is he long term? He needs to bring a lot more offence than he has.
That one shift where he outraced McDavid for a semi-breakaway was pretty impressive. Jesus might have been tired from a long shift... but still, who does that to Gaud's son?

Just read somewhere that said, Jake is a 3rd liner with 2nd liner value. Maybe that's what he'll be. But that skillset is too valuable even if he can't figure out how to use it consistently.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8314
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by rats19 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:10 am

Hank wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am
So assists don’t count ?
You still taking Ritchie over Jake?
Maybe... not sure. Ritchie is a more physical player and a lot tougher. Virtanen has so much speed though. I’d say Jake might be one of the fastest guys in the entire league. He made some decent strides this year but what is he long term? He needs to bring a lot more offence than he has.
That one shift where he outraced McDavid for a semi-breakaway was pretty impressive. Jesus might have been tired from a long shift... but still, who does that to Gaud's son?

Just read somewhere that said, Jake is a 3rd liner with 2nd liner value. Maybe that's what he'll be. But that skillset is too valuable even if he can't figure out how to use it consistently.
Yah that was impressive.... jake has high end expectations in my books
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9667
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Topper » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am

Hank wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am
So assists don’t count ?
You still taking Ritchie over Jake?
Maybe... not sure. Ritchie is a more physical player and a lot tougher. Virtanen has so much speed though. I’d say Jake might be one of the fastest guys in the entire league. He made some decent strides this year but what is he long term? He needs to bring a lot more offence than he has.
That one shift where he outraced McDavid for a semi-breakaway was pretty impressive. Jesus might have been tired from a long shift... but still, who does that to Gaud's son?

Just read somewhere that said, Jake is a 3rd liner with 2nd liner value. Maybe that's what he'll be. But that skillset is too valuable even if he can't figure out how to use it consistently.
I've noted several times. the Mason Raymond comparables. Hopefully his head catches up to his feet.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Hank » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 am

Image

McDavid was caught on a long shift, but he had a head start on Jake.

Still, the speed was impressive. That was a good stick check too.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by BladesofSteel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:46 am

McDavid at the end of a long shift still catches up to 98% of the league on a desperation back check, but not Jake.

Jake's speed should only get better if he can improve his first few steps this summer. :mex:

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Meds » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 am

Topper wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am
Hank wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am
So assists don’t count ?
You still taking Ritchie over Jake?
Maybe... not sure. Ritchie is a more physical player and a lot tougher. Virtanen has so much speed though. I’d say Jake might be one of the fastest guys in the entire league. He made some decent strides this year but what is he long term? He needs to bring a lot more offence than he has.
That one shift where he outraced McDavid for a semi-breakaway was pretty impressive. Jesus might have been tired from a long shift... but still, who does that to Gaud's son?

Just read somewhere that said, Jake is a 3rd liner with 2nd liner value. Maybe that's what he'll be. But that skillset is too valuable even if he can't figure out how to use it consistently.
I've noted several times. the Mason Raymond comparables. Hopefully his head catches up to his feet.
Trade him now then.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9274
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by SKYO » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Random stat: Alex Edler outscored Mike Green, Vlasic, Hanifin, Montour, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen, Orlov, TJ Brodie, Keith, Maatta, Faulk and Slavin with all of them playing around 70 games+ this season.

On top of being a shutdown defender and occasional heavy hitter.

Green/Baumer got the best out of AE this season, just like they wanted.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2206
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Former Canuck Chris Joseph talks about his son and the Humboldlt tragedy.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/chris-jose ... ss~1352124

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9667
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Topper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:51 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm
Random stat: Alex Edler outscored Mike Green, Vlasic, Hanifin, Montour, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen, Orlov, TJ Brodie, Keith, Maatta, Faulk and Slavin with all of them playing around 70 games+ this season.

On top of being a shutdown defender and occasional heavy hitter.

Green/Baumer got the best out of AE this season, just like they wanted.
and offensive jugger not, lil trojan tied with Tanev for 11 points from Canuck D. Lil trojan also played 26 more games than Tanev. In fact Biega played 24 fewer games than the lil trojan and had only 2 fewer points.

Poiliot and PornScag had respectively 3 and 14 more games than the lil trojan and both doubled his point output.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Locked