Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning isn't on record saying Pettersson "Isn't" ready to play in the NHL next season, says "IF he isn't ready" he can play in Utica. I've been as avid a listener as anyone to JimBro of late. Benning has been saying recently that at least 3 rookie prospects could be on the team next season, he is referring to the grouping of Pettersson, Gaudette, Juolevi, Dahlen and Demko

Super Scout Gradin says Pettersson and 2016 draft alumn - Dahlen could have played in the NHL this season. Can't disagree with that when you consider Pettersson is dominating against mem right now in one of the best leagues outside the NHL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:52 pm Benning isn't on record saying Pettersson "Isn't" ready to play in the NHL next season, says "IF he isn't ready" he can play in Utica. I've been as avid a listener as anyone to JimBro of late. Benning has been saying recently that at least 3 rookie prospects could be on the team next season, he is referring to the grouping of Pettersson, Gaudette, Juolevi, Dahlen and Demko

Super Scout Gradin says Pettersson and 2016 draft alumn - Dahlen could have played in the NHL this season. Can't disagree with that when you consider Pettersson is dominating against mem right now in one of the best leagues outside the NHL
Super scout Gradin????

Keep them coming Dude!

Gradin has been one of our top European scouts for YEARS. His track record, despite Hank, Dank, Mutt, and Edler, coming from his scouting region, is tied to the franchise’s record. Gillis wasn’t a scout. Some of the players that he picked that turned out to be complete duds would have been highly recommended by “super scout Gradin”.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:52 pm Benning isn't on record saying Pettersson "Isn't" ready to play in the NHL next season, says "IF he isn't ready" he can play in Utica. I've been as avid a listener as anyone to JimBro of late. Benning has been saying recently that at least 3 rookie prospects could be on the team next season, he is referring to the grouping of Pettersson, Gaudette, Juolevi, Dahlen and Demko

Super scout Gradin????

Keep them coming Dude!

Gradin has been one of our top European scouts for YEARS. His track record, despite Hank, Dank, Mutt, and Edler, coming from his scouting region, is tied to the franchise’s record. Gillis wasn’t a scout. Some of the players that he picked that turned out to be complete duds would have been highly recommended by “super scout Gradin”.
You truly do hate Swedes don't you? You do realize that the role of the GM at the draft is the "final say" (the buck stops here) everything must pass through me. You also realize that Gradin is one of the European Scouts on staff and that there is quite a large scouting department in every NHL team. Gradin did not have the say above all the scouted regions, he had a say on the European players Gillis drafted like Rodin, etc. How many Euro's did Gillis draft in the first 3 rounds of his 6 drafts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Inge Hammerstrom is the brains behind the Pettersson pick, not Gradin
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I remember when all the analytic nerds & armchair GM's were going on about how the team must choose Glass ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 pm I remember when all the analytic nerds & armchair GM's were going on about how the team must choose Glass ha.
Where was this happening ?

In your head ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles wanted Vilardi, like he wanted Ritchie. Bubbles loves his big, terrible skating forwards. See his love for 2015 draft bust - Dylan Strome (3rd overall pick)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 pm Bubbles wanted Vilardi, like he wanted Ritchie. Bubbles loves his big, terrible skating forwards. See his love for 2015 draft bust - Dylan Strome (3rd overall pick)
Yup, he wanted Glass or Vilardi...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 am Hischier
Patrick
Makar
Heiskanen

And instead of picking Glass or Vilardi , Elmer picks Casey Armitage

He can be the number one center on the Special Olympics squad
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:53 pm Glass is 19 pounds heavier. He's thin but Petterson is a bonerack. Just adds to the small soft team that Benning and Linden seem determined to build. Not surprising I guess since they were both butter soft as players. Fuck I wish we could have snagged Hextall as a manager
(from the 2017 Draft Thread)

Hey Blob, would Hextall have drafted your 160 lb Ty Ronning for you? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Most people wanted Glass or Vilardi. Vilardi btw is tearing the OHL a new one atm. I also wanted Tkachuk in 2016 and that was obviously the correct pick.

Dude please point out where I loved Strome. I just said he is not a bust yet and he patient, you know how we are supposed to be with Virtanen and Juolevi . Strome is ripping up the AHL at the same age Virtanen got 18 points in 65 games. But he’s a bust and Virtanen is a stud. Keep trolling trolls...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm Inge Hammerstrom is the brains behind the Pettersson pick, not Gradin
In my conversation with HW I said that Super Scout Gradin, good eyeballer of talent stated that he felt that both Pettersson and Dahlen could play in the NHL this season, does he have to be the one who scouted him to say that?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:52 pm Most people wanted Glass or Vilardi. Vilardi btw is tearing the OHL a new one atm. I also wanted Tkachuk in 2016 and that was obviously the correct pick.

Dude please point out where I loved Strome. I just said he is not a bust yet and he patient, you know how we are supposed to be with Virtanen and Juolevi . Strome is ripping up the AHL at the same age Virtanen got 18 points in 65 games. But he’s a bust and Virtanen is a stud. Keep trolling trolls...
Yeah and Boucher rips up the AHL as well, the problem that you refuse to acknowledge is that Strome can rip it up all he likes in the OHL and AHL, his pour skating will be hard to overcome in todays NHL. Just like VIlardi who is as bad if not worse of a skater than Dylan Strome.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cool story. Write him off all you want like you did Johansen, Mackinnon, Tavares and probably McDavid before long. He’s younger than Virtanen.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 pm I remember when all the analytic nerds & armchair GM's were going on about how the team must choose Glass ha.
Where was this happening ?

In your head ?

One hour later...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:52 pm Most people wanted Glass or Vilardi.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Peruse the boards .... most people were favouring Glass or Vilardi. I’m more asking who these analytic nerds are. Sorry Mod/troll if I wasn’t specific in that.

It’s similar to Gudbranson apologists pissing and crying about analytics nerds being all over Real Gud. Where is this occurring ? I don’t see ANYONE on this board preaching analytics. I for one think the guy is just a very limited player and I can judge that from watching the guy play. I thought he was a far better player than he’s shown. I was obviously wrong.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We're saying the same thing Dude.
The only HW the Canucks need