Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by The Brown Wizard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Strangelove wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Why is he responding to posts about Fred?
Why? I will tell you.
A while back, I sent Fred a PM. He still comes on every month or so but never posts. The history records of this forum clearly shows it.
I made him a little promise. I said; I'm sure you've been reading. If it doesn't bother you, I wont let it bother me.
He did not respond. Hence, I just play along with whatever silly little game it is.

:look:
Is that Norman Bates?

I was thinking Fred messaging himself was very "Norman taking to mother-like"
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote: Is that Norman Bates?

It's the new Norman Bates. :santa:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Is that Norman Bates?

It's the new Norman Bates. :santa:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/
Ok. Never saw that one...I take it it's good?

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote: Ok. Never saw that one...I take it it's good?
meh... it gets a bit much towards the end.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

If that's the latest Shamalyan movie then I will have a look. His stuff is weird but makes sense if you're open minded

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Again, to all you panty bunchers, a team in transition cannot handle injuries to key players as well as team out of transition, gather up your jelly beans and stay cool. The charts on your emotions per game are zenith to nadir.
89,21,26,60 need to step up and show a pulse teams in transition as u say aren't usually this veteran Laiden 21 has 4 yrs left after this one at 6 mil 89 2 more after this one at 3... Grandlund has 2 assists in 31 games 1 was an assist into an empty net... He's 24 averaging 16-17 min a game... I throw 60 in here cause no player this season has been a bigger disappointment with this group top to bottom IMO...

7 teams in this league spend more money on salaries than us only 7 mind boggling that this never gets any play but there are enough guys here like 22,33,21,89,4,23,8,42,26 this isn't their first rodeo...

I'm not expecting a Stanley cup or playoffs just give me a team with veterans that show like they give a damn... Cause some of these vets Pacific Blue that the Genius has signed are going to be here for MULTIPLE SEASONS cause He has signed these Transitional players to term...
So lets ignore the Sedins contract and Edler contract this regime inherited? What? Should we have traded the Sedins and their $14 million? Like that would ever happen under any other GM. Not with the Aquas. You still ignoring the owners mantra, Puddles? Elders contract is untradeable thanks to Gillis. "Just that easy folks!" - Shell Bussey
This regime inherited two colossal contracts that have handcuffed them??? I missing your point Edler has one yr left after this at 5 Not exactly crippling Twins are on a walk yr... So to review ummm we were so cash strapped with Edler and the twins HE spent Money on 21,89,4,26,42 over the course of the last two years
If this is what u r harping about I don't get where u r coming from here so you want to get into this with me UNDERSTAND where I come from...

U want to be the Genius u want to say we are better insulated to handle injuries because of depth Like the Gm (SHOULD I PROVIDE U THE CLIP) said then some of the GM's acquisitions that were brought in here and have been given ample opportunity and given Injuries u need 21,89,26,4,42,60, to be better... Thats all I am saying Im not saying cup or bust or playoffs I just wanna more out of guys that HE has BROUGHT IN TO HELP ...

How u wanna make this into A Gillis thing When Im Not a Gillis guy is baffling...

Has he done a good job drafting yes he has he has also left some meat on the bone in that department that is a touchy subject in these here parts heaven forbid Tkachuk and Ehlers on this roster would be more of help than JV18 and Oli on a European Vacay... The pro personnel aspect of the Job the Free Agency aspect of the Job its hasn't been stellar and in some cases lacking how this gets a free pass in those departments is beyond me... That is my Huge issue with him...

That is a huge reason when I see People say Genius I cringe I also cringe cause this team was close to 20 mil under the cap and some peeps here blame the previous regime for our cap issues with the twin set to expire and Edler one yr removed from being shown the door his Cap Management and understanding is troubling...

Injuries suck, and they cripple teams but, the Genius had a plan to solve it & his acquisitions that were brought in here to insulate in this scenario WHICH THE GM LAID OUT before the season need to be better why this is blasphemy I'm not sure... But to the Benning Supporters he can do know wrong cause he drafts well... If thats the criteria take the GM title away from him make him head scout... cause there is more to this thing than spending to the cap trying to be relevant missing on said players to make u relevant and then drafting the following year as a solution...

People can make out line combos for 2023 and be all excited for the future but Pacific Blue How many games do u go to a yr??? U love the Genius support the team financially cause I fear if u wait it out like others who stop caring until the team is good the owner will not need the excuse to find a new guy...

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Goldobin a -4 last night. In the dog house.

Tanev on the limp. An update tomorrow expected.

Sautner recalled. Meaning?? Either Tanev injury will keep him out, someone else is injured, Gudbranson longer away than expected, someone else is getting scratched or, or, or
The only HW the Canucks need

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 pm

We are in a mess.... but if you look down the tunnel.... there is a light
Getting old is not for the young...

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Goldy meh on defense, but dazzling when he has the puck - dude has that hungry scoring instinct for sure. :thumbs:
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 pm

UWSaint wrote: Exit two guys on the first line to combine with loss of 2 guys on the checking line that was such a big part of a decent October and what do you have?

A team that is looking like and playing like their dog got hit by a car. Or their season is over.

Now we've only seen 3 games without Horvat (and mostly without Baerstchi). There is time to get it back together. But I don't think there is the personnel. Still, the dangerous thing isn't whether they get it back together, it is whether they shake the expect-to-lose mentality that I fear is creeping in.
Well shit. They sure answered that bell eh wot. :lol:

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Strangelove wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Why is he responding to posts about Fred?
Why? I will tell you.
A while back, I sent Fred a PM. He still comes on every month or so but never posts. The history records of this forum clearly shows it.
I made him a little promise. I said; I'm sure you've been reading. If it doesn't bother you, I wont let it bother me.
He did not respond. Hence, I just play along with whatever silly little game it is.

:look:
Wow Doc; Of all people to depict multiple personalities :shock:
It's OK
https://www.google.ca/search?q=picture+ ... lfWvHxHBYM:
I'm good.

Anyways. Markstrom can look bad at times but I think overall he is a country mile more of a 50 game guy than Nilsson. Not yet, but when the team gets healthy again I see nothing wrong with seeing what Demko can do at the NHL level.
The whole team was bad last night but 3 of those goals cannot get past an NHL goalie.
Maybe 5 or 6 in a career but that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
"evolution"

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm

olpaddy wrote: So to review ummm we were so cash strapped with Edler and the twins HE spent Money on 21,89,4,26,42 over the course of the last two years
21 - $6M
89 - $3.1M
4 - $3M
26 - $2M
42 - $.9M

Average = $3M

Average NHL salary = $3M
olpaddy wrote: heaven forbid Tkachuk and Ehlers on this roster would be more of help than JV18 and Oli on a European Vacay...
Patience Paddy, patience...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Strangelove wrote:Anyhoo, it's all good if you focus on 1-2 years from now...
Wasn't it 1-2 years from last year ? Or is this an update to the forecast ?

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Anyhoo, it's all good if you focus on 1-2 years from now...
Wasn't it 1-2 years from last year ? Or is this an update to the forecast ?

It's static. Always 1-2 years from now. It's like tomorrow never comes.
The only HW the Canucks need

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:07 pm

2020 is the year man for the Canucks.

I have foreseen it.

These next few years is all about acquiring more picks/prospects so all these new young guys can all reach their prime around the same time.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."