Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:45 am

Again, to all you panty bunchers, a team in transition cannot handle injuries to key players as well as team out of transition, gather up your jelly beans and stay cool. The charts on your emotions per game are zenith to nadir.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Aaronp18 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:We have an angry little guy here
Why is he responding to posts about Fred?
Harder to read the words with all those bars in the way!

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by olpaddy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 am

RoyalDude wrote:Again, to all you panty bunchers, a team in transition cannot handle injuries to key players as well as team out of transition, gather up your jelly beans and stay cool. The charts on your emotions per game are zenith to nadir.
89,21,26,60 need to step up and show a pulse teams in transition as u say aren't usually this veteran Laiden 21 has 4 yrs left after this one at 6 mil 89 2 more after this one at 3... Grandlund has 2 assists in 31 games 1 was an assist into an empty net... He's 24 averaging 16-17 min a game... I throw 60 in here cause no player this season has been a bigger disappointment with this group top to bottom IMO...

7 teams in this league spend more money on salaries than us only 7 mind boggling that this never gets any play but there are enough guys here like 22,33,21,89,4,23,8,42,26 this isn't their first rodeo...

I'm not expecting a Stanley cup or playoffs just give me a team with veterans that show like they give a damn... Cause some of these vets Pacific Blue that the Genius has signed are going to be here for MULTIPLE SEASONS cause He has signed these Transitional players to term...

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11100
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am

[quote][/quote]

Brandon Sutter was on pace for a whopping 20 points before he got hurt. There’s no depth period. Most teams if you have took a Baertschi and Horvat our of their lineup they wouldn’t fold like a cheap tent.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Again, to all you panty bunchers, a team in transition cannot handle injuries to key players as well as team out of transition, gather up your jelly beans and stay cool. The charts on your emotions per game are zenith to nadir.
89,21,26,60 need to step up and show a pulse teams in transition as u say aren't usually this veteran Laiden 21 has 4 yrs left after this one at 6 mil 89 2 more after this one at 3... Grandlund has 2 assists in 31 games 1 was an assist into an empty net... He's 24 averaging 16-17 min a game... I throw 60 in here cause no player this season has been a bigger disappointment with this group top to bottom IMO...

7 teams in this league spend more money on salaries than us only 7 mind boggling that this never gets any play but there are enough guys here like 22,33,21,89,4,23,8,42,26 this isn't their first rodeo...

I'm not expecting a Stanley cup or playoffs just give me a team with veterans that show like they give a damn... Cause some of these vets Pacific Blue that the Genius has signed are going to be here for MULTIPLE SEASONS cause He has signed these Transitional players to term...
So lets ignore the Sedins contract and Edler contract this regime inherited? What? Should we have traded the Sedins and their $14 million? Like that would ever happen under any other GM. Not with the Aquas. You still ignoring the owners mantra, Puddles? Elders contract is untradeable thanks to Gillis. "Just that easy folks!" - Shell Bussey
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Brandon Sutter was on pace for a whopping 20 points before he got hurt. There’s no depth period. Most teams if you have took a Baertschi and Horvat our of their lineup they wouldn’t fold like a cheap tent.
You go guurrrrlll!!!!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4683
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by micky107 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:33 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:We have an angry little guy here

Why is he responding to posts about Fred?
Why? I will tell you.
A while back, I sent Fred a PM. He still comes on every month or so but never posts. The history records of this forum clearly shows it.
I made him a little promise. I said; I'm sure you've been reading. If it doesn't bother you, I wont let it bother me.
He did not respond. Hence, I just play along with whatever silly little game it is.
However; That does not let off the hook those that would hint towards me being a drug user. They will suffer my wrath. :evil:
Just kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually I'm pissed off about Stecher and Burmistrov not responding to the challenge last nite.
"evolution"

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by olpaddy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:04 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Again, to all you panty bunchers, a team in transition cannot handle injuries to key players as well as team out of transition, gather up your jelly beans and stay cool. The charts on your emotions per game are zenith to nadir.
89,21,26,60 need to step up and show a pulse teams in transition as u say aren't usually this veteran Laiden 21 has 4 yrs left after this one at 6 mil 89 2 more after this one at 3... Grandlund has 2 assists in 31 games 1 was an assist into an empty net... He's 24 averaging 16-17 min a game... I throw 60 in here cause no player this season has been a bigger disappointment with this group top to bottom IMO...

7 teams in this league spend more money on salaries than us only 7 mind boggling that this never gets any play but there are enough guys here like 22,33,21,89,4,23,8,42,26 this isn't their first rodeo...

I'm not expecting a Stanley cup or playoffs just give me a team with veterans that show like they give a damn... Cause some of these vets Pacific Blue that the Genius has signed are going to be here for MULTIPLE SEASONS cause He has signed these Transitional players to term...
So lets ignore the Sedins contract and Edler contract this regime inherited? What? Should we have traded the Sedins and their $14 million? Like that would ever happen under any other GM. Not with the Aquas. You still ignoring the owners mantra, Puddles? Elders contract is untradeable thanks to Gillis. "Just that easy folks!" - Shell Bussey

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 pm

micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Why is he responding to posts about Fred?
Why? I will tell you.
A while back, I sent Fred a PM. He still comes on every month or so but never posts. The history records of this forum clearly shows it.
I made him a little promise. I said; I'm sure you've been reading. If it doesn't bother you, I wont let it bother me.
He did not respond. Hence, I just play along with whatever silly little game it is.
Image

:look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:33 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Again, to all you panty bunchers, a team in transition cannot handle injuries to key players as well as team out of transition, gather up your jelly beans and stay cool. The charts on your emotions per game are zenith to nadir.
+1
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Top two centres by far (icetime, faceoffs) out.

Four of top seven forwards by icetime out.

Anyhoo, it's all good if you focus on 1-2 years from now...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9398
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 pm

2020 the Canucks will start their new contending years.

2020 because Pettersson should have two years under his belt of NHL experience, Boeser 3, Horvat in his glorious prime.

Sutter last year of contract, Eriksson NTC turns into modified.

Tryamkin will return no doubt! & JB will have to sign him to 7 years to get him to come over and stay for good.

Juolevi in his 3rd pro NHL season.

Demko will take over while still on a cheap contract.

All the depth players will have strengthened up (Virtanen, Gadjovich, Lind, Dahlen, Goldy, Gaudette, MacEwen, Lockwood, Chatfield, Brisebios) - along with whoever else we draft in 2018, 2019.

Also why it's imperative that management make some military decisions on the current veterans Edler, Guds, Gagner, Vanek - along with planning hockey trades with one or two of Hutton, Stecher, Granlund.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11100
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Yawn .... fart..... more spin by the Benning cheerleading squad. Shake those Pom poms!!!! And then return your heads to the sand or between Bennings legs, whichever is warmer I guess
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9398
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Sounds like blob when Edler, Sedins and Kesler were all developing.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Get back to work Blob... can't slack off like this until after you're sworn in. :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Locked