Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 am

micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Florida doesn’t make that trade. End of story.
Read !
Read what ? You posted earlier that you’d like to get Barkov out of Florida. Why the fuck would Florida trade him ? He’s one of the best players in the league
That's not what I said.
What did you say then ? I don’t speak Mongoloid
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Florida doesn’t make that trade. End of story.
Read !
Read what ? You posted earlier that you’d like to get Barkov out of Florida. Why the fuck would Florida trade him ? He’s one of the best players in the league
That's not what I said.
I don’t speak Mongoloid
You don't?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9599
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Topper » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Florida doesn’t make that trade. End of story.
Read !
Read what ? You posted earlier that you’d like to get Barkov out of Florida. Why the fuck would Florida trade him ? He’s one of the best players in the league
That's not what I said.
What did you say then ? I don’t speak Mongoloid
Too many syllables.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8256
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by rats19 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Mon·gol·oid
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:15 pm

I’m curious as to what old brain dead Fred was trying to say. He throws out Tanev and a 2018 1st and mentions Barkov and then nothing. Speak up Mr Mongoloid and be be counted
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4144
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by micky107 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:44 pm

micky107 wrote:
Tciso wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Horvat out up to six weeks with leg injury. MRI showed bad news. Announcement forthcoming by Canucks.

Chaput and Demko recalled. The Demko recall is once again an attempt to get as close the cap as possible before putting Dorsett on LTIR. Chaput recall to replace Bo, well his roster spot not him :(
Doug MacLean spewing the Canucks should not do anything.
I disagree.
More after the official news.
What do you mean? We should trade to fill Horvat's spot while he is out??
Sounds pretty stupid when put that way, but I suppose some people would look at it as such.
No: With H. Sedin possibly retiring or playing an even smaller role next year, IMO, we need another elite level center. Gagner and Sutter are not that and they never will be.
Pettersson is still a ways off and is playing more wing than center.
I think we may have been thinking of making a move on another center later this year anyways.
We need someone along the lines of Aleksander Barkov,
"evolution"

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Just go pick him off the old Barkov tree in the backyard. It’s right beside the money tree
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9599
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Topper » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 pm

At least he didn't say along the lines of Kassian or Hall.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Tciso » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:38 pm

micky107 wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Tciso wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Horvat out up to six weeks with leg injury. MRI showed bad news. Announcement forthcoming by Canucks.

Chaput and Demko recalled. The Demko recall is once again an attempt to get as close the cap as possible before putting Dorsett on LTIR. Chaput recall to replace Bo, well his roster spot not him :(
Doug MacLean spewing the Canucks should not do anything.
I disagree.
More after the official news.
What do you mean? We should trade to fill Horvat's spot while he is out??
Sounds pretty stupid when put that way, but I suppose some people would look at it as such.
No: With H. Sedin possibly retiring or playing an even smaller role next year, IMO, we need another elite level center. Gagner and Sutter are not that and they never will be.
Pettersson is still a ways off and is playing more wing than center.
I think we may have been thinking of making a move on another center later this year anyways.
We need someone along the lines of Aleksander Barkov,

Who's arm and leg would we have to give up to get someone along those lines? Gudbranson's arm, Baertchi's leg and our 1st round pick probably isn't even close.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4144
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by micky107 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 am

LOL: Considering the injuries, that's almost funny.
But not quite. :(

Need two centers with skill and leadership qualities.
Want to call it a replacement for Henrik, that's fine.
"evolution"

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by TDA Rum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:57 am

Dan Murphy‏Verified account
@sportsnetmurph
1m1 minute ago
More
Baertschi out 4-6 weeks with fractured jaw. #canucks

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Jovocop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 am

TDA Rum wrote:Dan Murphy‏Verified account
@sportsnetmurph
1m1 minute ago
More
Baertschi out 4-6 weeks with fractured jaw. #canucks
Wow, the Canucks will have a tough time staying alive in the next few weeks with 2 of the top 6 out. :(
Last edited by Jovocop on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 am

Hopefully Goldobin gets a real shot here. Bad break for Baertschi as he was having a good season
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Lancer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Yeesh. Too bad for the guy.

At this point, unless the vets truly step up Green should unshackle the kids - even if it means them making mistakes and learn by playing though it costs games. Hopefully the vets step up - that's what they were brought in to do.

The January swoon may have come early. :mad:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12786
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Goldobin is slated in to replace Baertschi, Green confirmed today. This is good news for him as he will get a long stretch without fearing a mistake will see him benched. Of course Reid Boucher leads Comets offensively and is getting Cull's praise. I guess we could see him recalled but with Sutter expected back sometime next week maybe not.

The good news on Baertschi is that he did not require surgery but it does mean he will have a liquid Christmas.
The only HW the Canucks need

Locked