Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove »

MS and his fellow slobberers say the Friedman-rumoured trade-for-Subban-attempt is evidence GMJB is not rebuilding. :eh:

They keep quoting...

“Vancouver has confirmed this to me. There was a chance the Canucks were going to get PK Subban that night. The problem was that Pierre-Luc Dubois was not going to fall to Vancouver’s pick, because Montreal knew Columbus was taking him. If Montreal believed that Dubois was going to be available at five, PK Subban could have been a Vancouver Canuck.” - Fried Man

... as "proof" Mr Benning is not conducting a rebuild. :wow:

"chance"... "could have"... and no suggestion as to what an actual trade would have looked like (if ever agreed to).

Here is Friedman from the actual day of that draft:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30- ... ssibility/

Picking fourth and fifth are the Edmonton Oilers and the Canucks, both of whom would be very interested in Subban. Vancouver GM Jim Benning admitted as much on Thursday. His best offer would include Bo Horvat, Chris Tanev and the fifth overall selection. There is some debate about Benning’s willingness to include Horvat, but he may not be able to get this done without doing so.

Bergevin is trying to hold on to his ninth overall spot. If you’re Edmonton or Vancouver, are you willing to make this trade without that? That’s a huge price to pay for both teams.”
So 27-year-old Tanev + 5th O/A (IF Dubois was available) + ??

For 27-year-old Subban + 9th O/A +??

But the tardies somehow conclude NOPE it DEFINITELY would have been a trade that made the Canucks older and cost a high 1st outright.

And that Benning is "dumb" for considering a trade... that he never actually considered in any known reality.

There is no reasoning with this enraged gaggle of zombies.

They make up ridiculous unfalsifiable "what if" stories/questions like

... "What if MS was a GM, would he be top 10?" (hopefully they're just mocking him but who knows with these people)

... and "What if we didn't have Pettersson, would it still be a stellar prospect pool?"

... and "What if Benning traded the 5th O/A in 2016 for Subban, would that have proven he is not interested in a rebuild?"

... AND THEY INSIST YOU DEBATE ALL THIS NONSENSE :crazy:

If you refuse based on the grounds it's just silly games for mongos

... they conclude you are a troll who must be banned! Image

"It's a madhouse... A MADHOUSE!!!" - Charlton Heston
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What if Napoleon Bonaparte had a B52 bomber at the battle of Waterloo? - SNL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"What if a flock of morons took over a team board at HF... would it/they be beyond redemption?" - Strangelove
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol now pauser is chiming in

That dump truly is the calgarypuck of Canucks message boards
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 am Lol now pauser is chiming in

That dump truly is the calgarypuck of Canucks message boards
Did you notice Pauser's signature over there these days:

"Fuck the Canucks. They extend Benning despite being the 2nd worst team over the last 3 years (when trying to compete). I'm now a supporter of the other 30 NHL teams."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Y2K Gump
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Imagine Y2K/pauser as a Blackhawk fan from 2003-2008? LOL "the world is ending! I'm going to be a fan of the other teams now like a bandwagon fan bitch"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pauser is a joke. Dude is 35 going on 11
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ok - I know there's not much news going on... but let's try to get a little closer to the topic....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I love the goofs who keep going on about the "ignore" option

"I don't know why you don't put him on ignore it's the best thing ever"

"I think I'm going to use my ignore option now"

Well then do it ya morons. What are you waiting for?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Find a new thread before I lock this one.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:57 pm Find a new thread before I lock this one.
As this is the Canucks 2017-18 thread you could probably have locked it up on New Years Day citing the season being over as a reason and have been right on point. Lol.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I thought this article was a pretty entertaining take-down of the numty local sports "journalists" : The Sedins Are Not the Problem.

Takeaways: the Sedins are playing the most disciplined hockey of recent years and drawing 1 fewer penalty than they've taken, and are making all of their linemates better (except Jokinen).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm I thought this article was a pretty entertaining take-down of the numty local sports "journalists" : The Sedins Are Not the Problem.

Takeaways: the Sedins are playing the most disciplined hockey of recent years and drawing 1 fewer penalty than they've taken, and are making all of their linemates better (except Jokinen).
That’s a great article. Well written. Objective.

Blobcat will love it. Dude will hate it and move the goalposts around. Doc find a way to tell us (complete with quotes and links) that this is what he’s been saying all along. :P
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 pm
ESQ wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm I thought this article was a pretty entertaining take-down of the numty local sports "journalists" : The Sedins Are Not the Problem.

That’s a great article. Well written. Objective.

Blobcat will love it. Dude will hate it and move the goalposts around. Doc find a way to tell us (complete with quotes and links) that this is what he’s been saying all along. :P
:lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL, I don't read or listen to much local yokel scribes so I'm not sure where the "Sedin penalties are hurting the team this year" premice came from, but I will say, I have noted for years (going back to years ago on another board) Henrik's ability for the lazy Bertuzzi penalty hat takes the team off the PP.

Both of them should be perennial Lady Byng nominees but they take just enough clutching and grabbing penalties to take themselves out of the running.

Are their penalties anymore detrimental to the team than any other play. No.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.