Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 am

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm
Mr Eriksson is helping this team WAAAAAAAAAY more than those two could.

You're trying to make Mr Eriksson look bad... but you're actually making him look good.
I don't have to try to make him look bad, his play speaks for itself. I think most fans are getting tired of him. Most nites, he just skates around and it's hard to notice him. He doesn't look like he gives a shit and just seems to be here to collect his fat cheque.

U can continue to enjoy his game and watch him "helping this team", but personally, I'd drive him to the airport.


User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7846
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 am

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:29 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:36 pm

What part of "didn't comment on the FA signing at the time (July 1 2016)" did you not understand? :eh:

You linked not to "fluffery" but a fair October 10, 2016 assessment

Topper waited until he had a few weeks to observe Loui before commenting...
The signing was lauded as "decisive and bold" before the guy played a minute of real hockey for us.
No the signing was lauded as "decisive and bold" on October 10, 2016

... after the guy had displayed skills playing for your Vancouver Canucks.

But all this is irrelevant no? :mex:
The Canucks season started on October 15. I'm not sure what's worse, heaping praise on the BAD (Bold and Decisive) contract during the offseason in which it was signed, or coming to the conclusion it was a BAD decision after watching some preseason games.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11189
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 am

2016 July UFA signings

Detroit - Franz Nielsen - 6 year - $31.5 million, 33 years old - 10 goals 5 assists

Islanders - Andrew Ladd - 7 year - $38.5 million, 32 years old, 9 goals 9 assists

Boston - David Backes - 5 year - $30 million, 33 years old - 8 goals - 9 assists

Edmonton - Milan Lucic - 7 year - $42 million, 29 years old - 9 goals 18 assists

Vancouver - Loui Eriksson - $6 year - $36 million, 32 years old - 5 goals 8 assists

Holland, Sweeney, Chiarelli, Snow, Benning

Nuckles and Bubbles, massively impressed with the work of Sweeney and Chiarelli. Holland - a GM legend. Snow bamboozled Chiarelli in the Reinhart deal. Benning in 4 drafts drafted Boeser, Pettersen, Gaudette, Demko, Tryamkin, Lind, Gadjovich. Gillis in 6 drafts drafts - the 1st and 2nd round picks - Horvat (at the expense of Schneider), Hodgson, Schroeder, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Sauve, Rodin, Mallet. Only managed a Hutton in the later rounds. Just awful
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am

Lucic and Backes have performed fine over their season and a half. Backes has played 23 games this year and has 17 points. THe question was pertaining to Eriksson and whether he was worth his salary and whether it was a good signing. I guess you got confused.

As an aside please produce some evidence that I was or currently am massively impressed with the work of Chiarelli and Sweeney.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11189
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am
Lucic and Backes have performed fine over their season and a half. Backes has played 23 games this year and has 17 points. THe question was pertaining to Eriksson and whether he was worth his salary and whether it was a good signing. I guess you got confused.

As an aside please produce some evidence that I was or currently am massively impressed with the work of Chiarelli and Sweeney.
You and your wingman were throwing boquets at Seeeney for drafting MaCAvoy when with Boeser, Barzal, Connor, Chabot still on board he drafts Debrusk, Zorbil, Senyshyn. You'd think with 3 picks in a row he would have drafted 1 of those 4. We've all witnessed your wingman - Nuckles RECENT (very recent) praise singing for the rebuild - Chiarelli has done, LOL, so laughable, you've sang harmonies with him on some of those praises.

McDavid to Lucic is no different than what Gretzky was to Semenko. Ken Holland GM legend
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:02 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 pm
IN and Bubles still going hard at peddling their agenda.
And you too scared of your leader to offer an honest opinion on Loui’s first season and a half in Vancouver. Never change Dud
Never change.... dodge the question and bring up random signings and make shit up out of thin air but please continue to avoid the issue. It speaks volumes!! :lol:
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am
Lucic and Backes have performed fine over their season and a half. Backes has played 23 games this year and has 17 points. THe question was pertaining to Eriksson and whether he was worth his salary and whether it was a good signing. I guess you got confused.

As an aside please produce some evidence that I was or currently am massively impressed with the work of Chiarelli and Sweeney.
You and your wingman were throwing boquets at Seeeney for drafting MaCAvoy when with Boeser, Barzal, Connor, Chabot still on board he drafts Debrusk, Zorbil, Senyshyn. You'd think with 3 picks in a row he would have drafted 1 of those 4. We've all witnessed your wingman - Nuckles RECENT (very recent) praise singing for the rebuild - Chiarelli has done, LOL, so laughable, you've sang harmonies with him on some of those praises.

McDavid to Lucic is no different than what Gretzky was to Semenko. Ken Holland GM legend
Lol so I liked the Macevoy pick (it’s ceryainly a lot better than the Juolevi pick) and then you type a pile of fluff and random shit pulled out of your ass. I never said any of it so I won’t take the time to defend it. Into the rubbing alcohol again last night I see.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11189
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:02 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 pm
IN and Bubles still going hard at peddling their agenda.
And you too scared of your leader to offer an honest opinion on Loui’s first season and a half in Vancouver. Never change Dud
Never change.... dodge the question and bring up random signings and make shit up out of thin air but please continue to avoid the issue. It speaks volumes!! :lol:
I have said recently "Am I fan of the Eriksson signing?" - No not really but no asset was lost in acquiring him and we are not an up against the cap team team competing for the cup. Big fucking deal. Is Benning the only GM in NHL UFA history to sign a UFA player like this? BC legend Ken Holland says hi. Get over it Bubbles it's NOT the Devestating factor you claim it to be. You're PoCo buddy Andrew Ladd says hi.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am

Yay!!!!! He actually answered a question people. I’m very proud of you for stepping out of line Dude. I know that you will incur Doc’s wrath for doing this but it will feel good for you to stand on your very own little bird legs and take a few small steps. Kudos to you big fella!! :thumbs:
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11189
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am
Lucic and Backes have performed fine over their season and a half. Backes has played 23 games this year and has 17 points. THe question was pertaining to Eriksson and whether he was worth his salary and whether it was a good signing. I guess you got confused.

As an aside please produce some evidence that I was or currently am massively impressed with the work of Chiarelli and Sweeney.
You and your wingman were throwing boquets at Seeeney for drafting MaCAvoy when with Boeser, Barzal, Connor, Chabot still on board he drafts Debrusk, Zorbil, Senyshyn. You'd think with 3 picks in a row he would have drafted 1 of those 4. We've all witnessed your wingman - Nuckles RECENT (very recent) praise singing for the rebuild - Chiarelli has done, LOL, so laughable, you've sang harmonies with him on some of those praises.

McDavid to Lucic is no different than what Gretzky was to Semenko. Ken Holland GM legend
Lol so I liked the Macevoy pick (it’s ceryainly a lot better than the Juolevi pick) and then you type a pile of fluff and random shit pulled out of your ass. I never said any of it so I won’t take the time to defend it. Into the rubbing alcohol again last night I see.
You bobble Seeeneys Nutsax for drafting MaCAvoy but avoid his infamous shite drafts - 3 in a row, with Boeser, Barzal, Chabot, Connor still on board. You avoid the great Boeser pick at 23rd like it's the plague. However you were very pissed at times post Boeser draft for not drafting Konecny. LMAO
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 am

As an asside Andrew Ladd is from Ridge.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am
Lucic and Backes have performed fine over their season and a half. Backes has played 23 games this year and has 17 points. THe question was pertaining to Eriksson and whether he was worth his salary and whether it was a good signing. I guess you got confused.

As an aside please produce some evidence that I was or currently am massively impressed with the work of Chiarelli and Sweeney.
You and your wingman were throwing boquets at Seeeney for drafting MaCAvoy when with Boeser, Barzal, Connor, Chabot still on board he drafts Debrusk, Zorbil, Senyshyn. You'd think with 3 picks in a row he would have drafted 1 of those 4. We've all witnessed your wingman - Nuckles RECENT (very recent) praise singing for the rebuild - Chiarelli has done, LOL, so laughable, you've sang harmonies with him on some of those praises.

McDavid to Lucic is no different than what Gretzky was to Semenko. Ken Holland GM legend
Lol so I liked the Macevoy pick (it’s ceryainly a lot better than the Juolevi pick) and then you type a pile of fluff and random shit pulled out of your ass. I never said any of it so I won’t take the time to defend it. Into the rubbing alcohol again last night I see.
You bobble Seeeneys Nutsax for drafting MaCAvoy but avoid his infamous shite drafts - 3 in a row, with Boeser, Barzal, Chabot, Connor still on board. You avoid the great Boeser pick at 23rd like it's the plague. However you were very pissed at times post Boeser draft for not drafting Konecny. LMAO
Again I liked the Macevoy pick in and of itself and said so. I said at the time the Bruins shit the bed with those three picks how is that avoiding anything. I have given Elmer props for the Boeser pick multiple times. Who cares if I liked Konecny? I still think he will be a decent player. I was hardly “very pissed”. Please stop making things up buds , it’s getting a tad weak.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9493
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Topper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 am
The Canucks season started on October 15. I'm not sure what's worse, heaping praise on the BAD (Bold and Decisive) contract during the offseason in which it was signed, or coming to the conclusion it was a BAD decision after watching some preseason games.
LOL, once again read the thread title my post you continue to quote was posted in. It is a season prediction thread. Get back to your soap dish.

If your reading comprehension could even rival ruffles, you would know my only assessment of Loui's play was his defense and pk work. His work in those areas and my assessment of that work continues unchanged to this day.

You even agreed at the time of the signing it was fair for a July 1 FA signing though you would have preferred option #3 stand Pat.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am

I said he was a good player at the time of the signing and that it was a good signing. I have now watched this loser for 1 1/2 seasons and clearly I was wrong - a conclusion I came to last season watching him go through the motions. Who could have predicted the twins would crater , there would be zero push from young players from within the organization and the team would be a league joke. What kills me is that posters will still cling to the fact that they think it’s STILL a good signing. It’s not. It’s a fucking disaster and it’s not a big deal to actually admit that. I guarantee Aquilini isn’t happy having this wet fart wear the puking whale.

Benning made a shitty signing. Full stop. It will be cleansing for some cult members when they can actually get around to admitting to it. Guess what cult members; he’s made a few more blunders too. And he’s also made some decent -good moves, though I don’t know if it will be enough to see him employed as the GM here past April.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16555
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 am
Well, if u really wanna bring up what ppl said in the past:
The Todd wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:12 pm
Yeah, I'm not very thrilled with the Eriksson signing. He's a decent player I guess, but the term is definitely too long. I wouldn't mind a 2-3 year deal, maybe 4, but no way to 6. I guess that's the market rate for that kind of player. Yikes, he pretty much making Sedin dollars. I was impressed with JB when he showed prudence by refusing to give Iginla and Verby 3 year deals, now he gives a player of similar age/ilk 6 years. Ouchies! Sure, I get that he might be great with Sedins, but what about after? I think we'll get decent years out of him maybe 3 out of the 6 years.
Read em and weep boyz!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Seeing as how you're bragging about that post, one can only assume you feel Loui has been worth every penny thus far

... and will be worth every penny next season as well (and "maybe" the season after that).

But what about the rest of that post where you talk about the other options:
The Todd wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:12 pm
I would have been more happy with a Brouwer for sure, less dollars and term. Not as talented, but a BC boy and brings much needed size to our foward core. If we really wanted an offensive guy, I'd rather take a chance on a Vanek/Stall type, way cheaper. Or even give Verby a chance to redeem himself, 1 year deal @ like $2-$3M. Weiser was a bit of a bargain too, I'd take him back.
Brouwer - his 4 year, $18M contract is a millstone, he's been HORRIBLE.

Vrbata - took a big dump on this team, no way was he coming back.

Weise - his 4 year, $9.4M contract is awful, he's a 4th-liner, a regular healthy scratch.


Once again you have made Mr Eriksson look good, pat yourself on the back Todd...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Locked