Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:35 am

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Problem is I don't think Elmer knows either.

Just to clarify, this is a Blob problem...

And for his next trick, Bubbly Blob will try to read Stephen Hawking's mind! :lol:

Do you think Hawking thinks in the roboto voice?
nobody forks...with the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:So today Benning clarified, just for Blob, that Dahlen and his agent both want him in Utica. His agent feels it is the best move for his development. For Dahlen's part, he is anxious to learn the North American game. So it seems everybody, well almost everybody, believe Dahlen is not only ready for the smaller ice but it's the best development plan moving forward. Only time will tell if he successfully makes the jump or if he pulls a Rodin.

That would be a boon for Utica and whoever else joins Dahlen to develop together.

A bit disappointed Dahlen and Pettersson won't get to work together still, but with Dahlen learning the pro NA game now, it shoud help both for when they start their NHL careers.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Lancer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:So today Benning clarified, just for Blob, that Dahlen and his agent both want him in Utica. His agent feels it is the best move for his development. For Dahlen's part, he is anxious to learn the North American game. So it seems everybody, well almost everybody, believe Dahlen is not only ready for the smaller ice but it's the best development plan moving forward. Only time will tell if he successfully makes the jump or if he pulls a Rodin.

Rodin was a victim of Vancouver's development system and their deal with the Chicago Wolves. He wasn't ready. The team was in win-now mode, and Chicago wasn't nearly as obliged to develop prospects as Utica is. It's not for nothing that Ryan Johnson is the UTICA GM and the Canucks' Dir. of Player Development. I think prospects coming into the Canucks' organization are going into a much better situation in which to develop than the guys who came in before Vancouver took over the Comets.

I'll be keen to see if Cull can do with the youngsters what Green has been able to do. Hopefully Dahlen gets over his mono without his development being hindered too much.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Lancer wrote: It's not for nothing that Ryan Johnson is the UTICA GM and the Canucks' Dir. of Player Development. I think prospects coming into the Canucks' organization are going into a much better situation in which to develop than the guys who came in before Vancouver took over the Comets.

Speaking of RyJo :D, he was a fan of Stecher -thought he'd be a gem, and he was, now Johnson is impressed with MacEwen, see's a lot of intangibles that should make him a NHL pro soon, he's a hard worker, has some edge in his play and hockey skill. This was told by bitchford.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby micky107 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Ya know, at first, I was disappointed that Gaudette was going for a 3rd year in college as opposed to going pro, most likely in Utica for the year, (maybe a call up), but then I thought. He's like a playing scout down there and that maybe, just maybe, it's a by design type thing. Thatcher and Troy have been invaluable sources of first hand information to Benning, probably far better than a pro scout sitting in the stands, not that they aren't necessary too, but to be on the ice with these guys and hearing just about everything would be excellent info.
I think I will believe my own drivel, if for no other reason, to be positive. 8-)
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rocky Dennis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:53 am

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/benning-we- ... ng~1205189

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet.
For me there were a couple of interesting tidbits: 1) the idea that they'd like to see Gagner with the Sedins. I think he will be a better fit with Sutter to act as a setup guy since Sutter hasnt proven too adept at passing. And 2) that JB wants four lines who can score and contribute offensively. So I guess that means no, or at least less of a, prototype defensive shutdown grinding 4th line. Not too too surprising considering our lack of toughness and grit and also how the forward lines are filling in on paper at this point, with the added depth pushing players with at least a touch of offense down the chart.
Rocky Dennis
CC Veteran

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 am

I'm definitely surprised by this. As I said the players usually get these clauses in so they don't have to go play in places like Utica. The Comets could have a good or team this season or at least an exciting team.

Goldobin Molino Boeser
Dahlen Gaunce Boucher
Megna Chaput Archibald
Virtanen Cassels Macewan
Labate

Subban Holm
Pedan Chatfield
Mcenany Brisebois

Demko Bachman
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am

Rocky Dennis wrote:Not too too surprising considering our lack of toughness and grit

We can tire them out with wave after wave of punching bags...sooner or later they'll get tired from beating on us and thats when we take over
nobody forks...with the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Rocky Dennis wrote:Not too too surprising considering our lack of toughness and grit

We can tire them out with wave after wave of punching bags...sooner or later they'll get tired from beating on us and thats when we take over

We Mayweather em.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Rocky Dennis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:

That just may be, dare i say, genius!
Rocky Dennis
CC Veteran

Postby Cornuck » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:15 am

Notes from the Sedins:
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/dear-v ... -290849006

Henrik wrote:If we're going to win a Cup, we only want it to be with Vancouver - that will never change. And if the moment has come and passed already, then so be it.

I have to say … when we met Jonathan Dahlén after his trade from Ottawa last year … that was the first time I really felt old. I mean, we played with his dad! I was like, This guy could be my kid.
2016 - The Road to 65™
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 am

Cornuck wrote:Notes from the Sedins:

Henrik wrote:If we're going to win a Cup, we only want it to be with Vancouver - that will never change. And if the moment has come and passed already, then so be it.

I have to say … when we met Jonathan Dahlén after his trade from Ottawa last year … that was the first time I really felt old. I mean, we played with his dad! I was like, This guy could be my kid.

Thanks for that. A great read. I think it clearly puts to rest any notion that the twins will ask for a trade or that Benning will approach them and ask them to waive.

What class. They get it. Their job now is to mentor in the next generation and pave the way for new leadership, and a new top line :mrgreen: They also know the end is near. They're not delusional, they just want to win and win with the Canucks. No choking speaches here folks.

I'm going to enjoy Daniel getting his 1000th point and then the mini celebration the team has undoubtably planned.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby micky107 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 am

micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 am

No real surprise that the Sedin's want to end it here, and why not?!

Complete class acts, hardest working players we've seen in a long time. Could do far worse than have them help the youth and future of the Canucks.

Good to put it to rest now and work on the upcoming season!

This is why the Vanek signing, he's the type to be moved to a contender at the TDD.
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Cornuck wrote:Notes from the Sedins:

:lol: poor sedins in their golden NHL years.

Dahlen very well could see some NHL action in the latter half of the season.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat