Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Carl Yagro »

So apparently, Gudbranson is having shoulder surgery and will be out. What will the media write about now?

This is good news for #TEAMTANK as their main competitors (ARZ, BUF) have been over .500 in their last 10 games.

Can we do it? Can we end up 31st?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

A common theme the last coupla years, team leading the league in man games lost.
Gudbranson was removed from the #Canucks active roster today to undergo upcoming shoulder surgery.
If any other regular roster player that's left, if you're slightly injured, time to sit out, get surgery or rest up for next year, about the only players who will play hurt now is the Sedins, whom should be playing their last handful of games in their illustrious career.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hank wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm So apparently, Gudbranson is having shoulder surgery and will be out. What will the media write about now?

This is good news for #TEAMTANK as their main competitors (ARZ, BUF) have been over .500 in their last 10 games.

Another amazing record for the Canucks. We will be the first team in NHL history to finish 31st overall. Lol!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 pm
Hank wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm So apparently, Gudbranson is having shoulder surgery and will be out. What will the media write about now?

Another amazing record for the Canucks. We will be the first team in NHL history to finish 31st overall. Lol!
First!

I'm actually quite happy about this. If you're going to do it, do it right ;)

Happy Tanksgiving, everyone.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So the Canucks, and Gudbranson, knew early on that there was a possibility he would require off season surgery. He was first hurt Nov 22/17. This means that any potential trade partners would also know.

It explains, again, his on ice struggles.
It explains the reluctance of teams to trade for him or offer much by way of trade.
It explains his new contract with the Canucks. I thought he would get more, and a longer term.

I also heard today, that absent a new contract, Gudbranson’s agent hinted strongly that he may need to shut it down much earlier in order to be recovered for July 1st. Not a threat but a pointed suggestion as to what was in his clients best interest.

So, it seems, Benning made the best of a bad situation and is still positioned, absent trade protection, to trade Gudbranson down the road if it comes to that.

Regardless, here is hoping he has successful surgery and makes a full recovery. Hoping he comes to camp loaded for bear. Always wondered what that means, loaded for bear. Anyone?
The only HW the Canucks need
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm So the Canucks, and Gudbranson, knew early on that there was a possibility he would require off season surgery. He was first hurt Nov 22/17. This means that any potential trade partners would also know.

It explains the reluctance of teams to trade for him or offer much by way of trade.
It explains his new contract with the Canucks. I thought he would get more, and a longer term.

I also heard today, that absent a new contract, Gudbranson’s agent hinted strongly that he may need to shut it down much earlier in order to be recovered for July 1st. Not a threat but a pointed suggestion as to what was in his clients best interest.

So, it seems, Benning made the best of a bad situation and is still positioned, absent trade protection, to trade Gudbranson down the road if it comes to that.

Regardless, here is hoping he has successful surgery and makes a full recovery. Hoping he comes to camp loaded for bear. Always wondered what that means, loaded for bear. Anyone?
Prolly has something to do with muzzleloaded rifles or a load in ammunition that’s able to kill a bear (seeing as there a big animal).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm Hoping he comes to camp loaded for bear. Always wondered what that means, loaded for bear. Anyone?
"Loaded for bear" is all about being ready willing and able to meet any and all challenges.

It's like being prepared for a bear confrontation in the wild (you need the proper weaponry and ammo).

Micky told me the expression is a take-off on an expression he grew up with: "loaded for dinosaur". :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Gudbranson, already playing on a "show me" deal is wounded and Genius Jim signs him to another "show me" deal, slightly longer term and no trade protection, upping the trade value of a healthy Gudbranson.

Genius Jim.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm A common theme the last coupla years, team leading the league in man games lost.
Gudbranson was removed from the #Canucks active roster today to undergo upcoming shoulder surgery.
If any other regular roster player that's left, if you're slightly injured, time to sit out, get surgery or rest up for next year, about the only players who will play hurt now is the Sedins, whom should be playing their last handful of games in their illustrious career.
Lovely. He’s more of a Glass man than Tanev
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 pm Lovely. He’s more of a Glass man than Tanev
The entire team is made of glass these days.

Time to import water from Lourdes...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm
I’m not sure it explains his new contract. But I agree, U also thought he’d get more but I’m fairly certain we both thought this for different reasons.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm So the Canucks, and Gudbranson, knew early on that there was a possibility he would require off season surgery. He was first hurt Nov 22/17. This means that any potential trade partners would also know.

Prolly has something to do with muzzleloaded rifles or a load in ammunition that’s able to kill a bear (seeing as there a big animal).
I like this take Hockeywidow - seems twitter blowing up and endless forum threads and newspapers and radio folk talking on and on how we MUST trade Guddy...well being injured is a no go for a team trying to load up for a playoff run..... so thats done, better to sign him up for something than lose him after the season.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya. There was a reason Benning wasn’t getting the offers he wanted and we now know why. We will still have a chance to see if Gudbranson is a core player or not moving forward. But no question a healthy Gudbranson, under contract, will be worth more in a trade should Benning go that route.

It goes to show that unless we see behind the curtain all the belly aching is for naught.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:36 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm
I’m not sure it explains his new contract. But I agree, U also thought he’d get more but I’m fairly certain we both thought this for different reasons.

I dunno Blob. I thought he’d get more simply because of his pending UFA status. I certainly haven’t seen a 5-6 + million dollar Dman in him. I think that has us thinking the same thing, no?