Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Carl Yagro »

LOL Skyo!

In 2020, the 40 year-old Burr-gin will be gumming opponents instead of biting them.
Try to focus on THIS year... again
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

:lol: :lol: I hate you lol. No nice gesture's around these parts. :thumbs:
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Hank wrote:LOL Skyo!

In 2020, the 40 year-old Burr-gin will be gumming opponents instead of biting them.
Haha and he won't pull hair with that arthritis
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Didn't anyone hear that interview Burrows gave from the Sen's dressing room ?
It was a national broadcast so of course he couldn't sound too pro Canucks. But I distinctively heard "my last game in this building". :?: :?: :?: Maybe I was half asleep and heard wrong.
"evolution"
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

Phrasing!!!

Or, are you assuming Burr will be broke and plying his new skills/business at the rink, and not on Hastings??
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

Haha and he won't pull hair with that arthritis
Imagine him opening up a Burr-ber Shop and becoming the hair stylist for Duncan Keith.
Try to focus on THIS year... again
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Green should really mess with the Vancouver media and sit out Daniel Sedin in practice. :o
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

micky107 wrote:Didn't anyone hear that interview Burrows gave from the Sen's dressing room ?
It was a national broadcast so of course he couldn't sound too pro Canucks. But I distinctively heard "my last game in this building". :?: :?: :?: Maybe I was half asleep and heard wrong.
Meaning what in your mind?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/gilman-th ... 9-1.882245

Interesting, Gillman reveals that they almost traded Burr back in 2009 for a 1st round pick + 3rd liner. Burr was on the verge of becoming a UFA, but was willing to take the Nuck low ball offer of $2M for 4 year just cause he didn't want to get traded. His agent was adamant they could get $3M+ in the open market, but Burr didn't care. He wanted to stay a Canuck. Got new respect for the guy, unlike Kes. :P
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/gilman-th ... 9-1.882245

Interesting, Gillman reveals that they almost traded Burr back in 2009 for a 1st round pick + 3rd liner. Burr was on the verge of becoming a UFA, but was willing to take the Nuck low ball offer of $2M for 4 year just cause he didn't want to get traded. His agent was adamant they could get $3M+ in the open market, but Burr didn't care. He wanted to stay a Canuck. Got new respect for the guy, unlike Kes. :P
Yeah, I caught the tail-end of that Gillman interview on 1040 this afternoon. I always loved Burrows, but I have a new level of respect for him now. Thanks for the link! Will give it a full listen tomorrow.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

sk8er wrote:
micky107 wrote:Didn't anyone hear that interview Burrows gave from the Sen's dressing room ?
It just makes me wonder whether he might be calling it a career at the end of the Sen's season.
Even if that were true, I most assuredly do not think that man is done with hockey.
I see a big second career for many years and I don't think on some TV panel.
Just guessing of course.
"evolution"
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

micky107 wrote:
sk8er wrote:
It just makes me wonder whether he might be calling it a career at the end of the Sen's season.
Even if that were true, I most assuredly do not think that man is done with hockey.
I see a big second career for many years and I don't think on some TV panel.
Just guessing of course.
He has another year left on his contract. As a 35+ contract, I don't see him retiring. He's as arse on the ice, but he's also a team-first guy who doesn't hurt his team. Retiring after this year hurts the Sens.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Been confirmed Brock Boeser makes his grand entrance tonight for the first time this regular season.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Got new respect for the guy, unlike Kes. :P
Back in the day, Kes took a paycut to stay in Vancity as well.

https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2009/8/ ... -with-puck
I want to stay in Vancouver. I love it, my family loves it. It's a great city; maybe the most beautiful city in North America. The Canucks are a great organization.

https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2009/3/ ... is-encoura
"If we're going to win the Cup, we need guys to take pay cuts. The way the salary cap is now, you really can't get what you're worth now if you want to win. Everybody in this locker room knows that and for us to be a great team going forward, we're going to have to take a pay cut."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

SKYO wrote:Been confirmed Brock Boeser makes his grand entrance tonight for the first time this regular season.
And Burmistrov sits. Maybe something up on D. Not sure yet, maybe nothing.
"evolution"