Does Size Matter?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Does Size Matter?

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Considering we have been league leaders in defencmen man games lost for the last few years, 9 d men isn't a bad idea. I'll be surprised if they all make it through training camp without injuries.
Resistance to injury is another important facet of the pro game in which size is an asset. (Though still no guarantee. Salo was a big guy.)

Another way to improve resistance to, and recovery from, injury is with a great training staff. Any word of upgrades in the organization there ?
With the travel that this team does, and how that wears down on the players, I believe that we will always be more susceptible to injury (especially on defence) than other teams.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Green really likes Subban, Mickey Spillane? Is that why Subban was scratched in a few games last season? Is that why other D-men got suggested for callups when JimBro asked Greener? Because Greener was the Coach of Utica last season, does that mean he likes Subban? C'mon Mickey, you're better than this
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Green really likes Subban, Mickey Spillane? Is that why Subban was scratched in a few games last season? Is that why other D-men got suggested for callups when JimBro asked Greener? Because Greener was the Coach of Utica last season, does that mean he likes Subban? C'mon Mickey, you're better than this
Don't tell me, tell him. It came out of his mouth FFS.
Subban doesn't have half the hockey brains that Troy does but Green is going to get a chance, for a while, to do as he sees fit.
In his first interview he said both Pedan and Subban are NHL ready.
Don't agree with either.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Green likes Subban's offensive capabilities obviously, but has said a few times for him to succeed in the NHL - Subban needs to find a way to be good defensively somehow even with his small stature.

For Ellis it's blocking shots and being positionally strong, so if Subban can just take passing lanes away and just be at the right place at the right time and more importantly keep the puck in the opposition zone more, the better chance he has.
2017: Green also says Jordan Subban is learning how to compete defensively and that will dictate if he'll play in the NHL.
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040- ... r-1.422944
2015: Green on Jordan Subban : “I like where he’s going, he needs to engage every single night, he’ll be fine.” #Canucks — NEWS 1130 Sports - November 10, 2015
Speaking of travis green, found a higgins quote:
“When I got sent down I thought (Green) was fantastic,” Canucks veteran Chris Higgins said of Green’s abilities earlier this month.

Very, very smart. He’s hard on players, he’s hard on the bench, but in the video room he’s really good. He teaches well. They play a pretty structured game, even with a lot of guys coming and going in and out of the lineup down there and I think it’s difficult to keep a sense of identity for the team, but he was able to do that.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vanc ... ort-april/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

It's not the size of thedog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that matters:

https://www.facebook.com/TheMothershipo ... 2520981991
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.