2017/18 Pacific Division

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: 2017/18 Pacific Division

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Edmonton
Calgary
Anaheim
L.A.
San Jose
Phoenix
Vancouver
Vegas

Not sure if one or no wild cards come out of this division.... San Jose and LA should be a good battle for 7/8 in the conference.If every thing breaks wrong for the Canucks and Green gets them buying in they could vault Phoenix. I'd personally prefer the the draft pick but that's just me.
But Blob, we are supposed to have a winning culture and picking 12th is much better than having any chance at a top 5 pick.

BUT - I do think the FA pick ups this year will make the team better, playoff bound better, no, but better than 29th overall. It comes down to how they play in their own end, if they go trap then they will squeak out more wins but man will the games be boring.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Edmonton
Vancouver :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Anaheim
Calgary
San Jose
Vegas :shock:
L.A.
Phoenix
Colorado

And no, Dennis, I don't want to bet. ;)
"evolution"
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Calgary
Anaheim
L.A.
San Jose
Phoenix
Vancouver
Vegas

Not sure if one or no wild cards come out of this division.... San Jose and LA should be a good battle for 7/8 in the conference.If every thing breaks wrong for the Canucks and Green gets them buying in they could vault Phoenix. I'd personally prefer the the draft pick but that's just me.
Pretty much agree Blob, but I think Vancouver finishes ahead of Phoenix.

I think the Canucks improve simply because Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Stecher, Hutton, Boeser, Gaunce and Boucher are on the upswing. Some of these young guys are bound to get much better, simply on odds alone. I'm worried about our goaltending, but if we have any luck with health, an 85 point season wouldn't surprise me. Problem is, the Pacific Division is so deep and talented, that those 26 or whatever it is games we play vs Pacific teams are tough, tough games for us. The Alberta and California road trips are going to be tough to watch.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Put down the toluene soaked rag Mickey
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

herb wrote:
Calgary
Anaheim
L.A.
San Jose
Phoenix
Vancouver
Vegas

I think the Canucks improve simply because Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Stecher, Hutton, Boeser, Gaunce and Boucher are on the upswing. Some of these young guys are bound to get much better, simply on odds alone. I'm worried about our goaltending, but if we have any luck with health, an 85 point season wouldn't surprise me. Problem is, the Pacific Division is so deep and talented, that those 26 or whatever it is games we play vs Pacific teams are tough, tough games for us. The Alberta and California road trips are going to be tough to watch.
Yeah I figure about 80 points is a good guesstimate. Bottom 6 -7 or so finish.

As an aside do you see room for all of Baertschi, Granlund, Boucher, Boeser, Rodin ? Eriksson and Danny have spots locked up. One of Sutter or Gagner will play the wing. Add in Burmistrov. That's nine pretty fluffy players up front. Dorset and his 190 pounds with a bad neck going to do all the forechecking and hitting ?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

For one season I'd like to see the Canucks play at least 90% healthy and not almost lead the league in man games lost to injury.
End of 2016-17 Regular Season NHL Injury Data Summary: The Vancouver Canucks and Winnipeg Jets had the most man-games lost in the NHL.

Which is why it's a good problem having decent players battle it out for limited positions, as eventually every player besides megna/chaput should get into the lineup sooner or later, those guys to their credit are hard workers, but they are AHL'ers & should only get about 5-10 games at best in the NHL for injuries.

Megna, skille, chaput all got over 50 games each last season, sometimes even getting top 6 spots :o , I'm hoping those games will be swooped up by Rodin, Boucher and Virtanen when injuries hit this upcoming season.

Green is going to have be creative to find some chemistry in the lineup, gotta jump start Eriksson somehow to make use of his skillset and his highly paid contract, he's capable of scoring 25-30 goals, but he needs to find a playmaker to use, plus Newell Brown to view Eriksson's success on the powerplay with the Bruins.

- Depending on health this should be a pretty competitive camp in september.

- Hoping we get a couple surprise players breakout

- Hutton and Stecher to gain confidence for point producing. (really want a Hutton - Tanev corsi dominate combo, replicating that Team Canada - Reilly - Tanev dominate pairing)

- Boeser for a full season!

- Maybe the russians create chemistry? Burmistrov/Goldy.

- Gagner/Eriksson chemistry?

- top 6 D stay healthy for once? MDZ is limited to 60 games seems like, so lucky he's in a depth position.
- Gudbranson should have a determined strong season to be another leader on the rebuilding squad.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:That's nine pretty fluffy players up front.
No doubt eh. Fuck around the canucks are gonna get bitch slapped hard all season unless they sort that out
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
No doubt eh. Fuck around the canucks are gonna get bitch slapped hard all season unless they sort that out
Bullshit - it's the Sedin's last season and they aren't going to take any crap - they'll be dishing out the hits and cheap shots! Payback time! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Put down the toluene soaked rag Mickey
The post is just to prove a point and yank some chains.
The Pacific is unpredictable and anything can happen in the top five spots.
What I do know for sure is that the AVs are in real big shit and the Kings days or over.
Don't see the Dogs improving much and I think, barring injury to a certain player, the Oilers will just out score
their opps. After that, ???????????????
"evolution"
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
herb wrote:
Calgary
Anaheim
L.A.
San Jose
Phoenix
Vancouver
Vegas

Yeah I figure about 80 points is a good guesstimate. Bottom 6 -7 or so finish.

As an aside do you see room for all of Baertschi, Granlund, Boucher, Boeser, Rodin ? Eriksson and Danny have spots locked up. One of Sutter or Gagner will play the wing. Add in Burmistrov. That's nine pretty fluffy players up front. Dorset and his 190 pounds with a bad neck going to do all the forechecking and hitting ?
Well, Boucher, Boeser, Burmistrov and Rodin have to make the team. Honestly, I have no idea how the forwards shake out the way things stand now. D and goalies are set, but forwards really are quite the mish mash. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of Boucher, Boeser, Burmistrov, Rodin, Gaunce, Chaput, Virtanen or Megna sent down or make the team out of camp. Training camp should be interesting. Lots of competition, which is good.

If I hazarded a guess, I'd say we break camp looking something like:

Granlund-Horvat-Baertschi
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Gagner-Sutter-Boeser
Burmistrov-Gaunce-Dorsett

Will Dorsett even be healthy? Who knows. What about Virtanen?

We're definitely not a crash and bang team as things stand now. Horvat, Gaunce and Boeser have good size, but I'd love some more grit. Honestly, if our young guys have good years, it will be hard to rationalize re-signing the Sedins. Horvat should become the clear #1C this season. Gaunce has lots of room to improve. I guess the hope is that the twins do get pushed out.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Meh, I'd rather have skilled players than megna's, chaput's and sestito's etc.

We build up the skilled homies with potential to increase trade value so you can trade em down the road for a couple bigger players if need be.

Plus last I checked the pens and blackhawks aren't exactly the big bad bruins, & one of the biggest teams in the league the LA Kings in their prime were good, but are now old and slow + overpaid.

Skill >>> meat heads.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bubbles worst advice yet.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Meh, I'd rather have skilled players than megna's, chaput's and sestito's etc.

We build up the skilled homies with potential to increase trade value so you can trade em down the road for a couple bigger players if need be.

Plus last I checked the pens and blackhawks aren't exactly the big bad bruins, & one of the biggest teams in the league the LA Kings in their prime were good, but are now old and slow + overpaid.

Skill >>> meat heads.
Because that's what I said right Skyo ? I said I want more Megna and Chaput and especially Sestito type players.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Bubbles worst advice yet.
I wonder if he drinks the thinner or huffs it
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I think the Canucks will be Most Improved in the Pacific - i.e. the biggest increase in wins.
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Possibly they'll also be Most Sportsmanlike in the Pac. :lol: