For one season I'd like to see the Canucks play at least 90% healthy and not almost lead the league in man games lost to injury.
End of 2016-17 Regular Season NHL Injury Data Summary: The Vancouver Canucks and Winnipeg Jets had the most man-games lost in the NHL.
Which is why it's a good problem having decent players battle it out for limited positions, as eventually every player besides megna/chaput should get into the lineup sooner or later, those guys to their credit are hard workers, but they are AHL'ers & should only get about 5-10 games at best in the NHL for injuries.
Megna, skille, chaput all got over 50 games each last season, sometimes even getting top 6 spots
, I'm hoping those games will be swooped up by Rodin, Boucher and Virtanen when injuries hit this upcoming season.
Green is going to have be creative to find some chemistry in the lineup, gotta jump start Eriksson somehow to make use of his skillset and his highly paid contract, he's capable of scoring 25-30 goals, but he needs to find a playmaker to use, plus Newell Brown to view Eriksson's success on the powerplay with the Bruins.
- Depending on health this should be a pretty competitive camp in september.
- Hoping we get a couple surprise players breakout
- Hutton and Stecher to gain confidence for point producing. (really want a Hutton - Tanev corsi dominate combo, replicating that Team Canada - Reilly - Tanev dominate pairing)
- Boeser for a full season!
- Maybe the russians create chemistry? Burmistrov/Goldy.
- Gagner/Eriksson chemistry?
- top 6 D stay healthy for once? MDZ is limited to 60 games seems like, so lucky he's in a depth position.
- Gudbranson should have a determined strong season to be another leader on the rebuilding squad.