2017 Canucks UFA signings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2017 Canucks UFA signings

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I was never on board with Sutter and I think most of the board knows this. M
:sly:

The Sutter/Bonino trade was made on July 28, 2015.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 38#p237538
Blob Mckenzie [color=#FF0000]Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:33 am[/color] wrote:Sutter is a bit bigger and a bit more physical (than Bonino) but to me these players are basically a wash .
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 31#p237631
Blob Mckenzie [color=#FF0000]Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 am[/color] wrote: For the record I dont hate the trade but it is pretty meh . Sutter is taller than Bonino but thinner, a bit faster , a right handed shot and wins faceoffs .
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... er#p237855
Blob Mckenzie [color=#FF0000]Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:29 am[/color] wrote: I think most fans think Sutter is a decent player
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 45#p246445
Blob Mckenzie [color=#FF0000]Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:09 pm[/color] wrote:Yeah I was no fan of Bonino . That said he gave decent play for a decent buck and was definitely a value contract unlike some of the boat anchors currently on this team. Sutter is a better player for sure but overpaid by 6 or 7 hundred k.
(note: that "overpaid by 6 or 7 hundred k" comment was after the 5-year extension)

(and today we discover "Sutter, the better player for sure" gets a mere $275K more than Bonino)

And yet you deny deny deny and bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

So the question is:

Have you destroyed your mind with alcohol dear friend... or have you devolved into a troll. :wow:

(like your friends Skintag Necklace, Art Vandelay, Tommy Cunthair, Tranny 21)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Blah blah blah he's overpaid which you conviently ignored and you took tiny chunks of those posts. If you would have actually read what I ended up saying I was never a fan of Brandon Sutter or his shitty contract. Having seen him for two seasons now I can't stand the fucking guy.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles Busted Again
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:Bubbles Busted Again
Not at all. If you actually read the rest of the posts after he posts his little nugget it's clear I'm no fan of Sutter or his salary. That's Doc for ya though. He will glean 5 % of a post while completely ignoring 95 %.

I'm hoping Sutter is on the block with the addition of Gagner and Burmistrov. Hopefully they don't have to retain much or take an equally shitty contract back.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Would u rather have Fakes Injuries/Ices Pucks?

Lockwood says hi from the Canucks Development Camp
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

I think everyone knows how I feel about the Eriksson signing. Too much, too long, too much protection.
Not something I would ever have done.
But Sutter seems to be a changed man since coming to Van.
With the Pens he had to keep his place, and did.
Here, he acts like a king shit vet with a bit of a mouth. He pissed me off last year when he needlessly came down on young Goldobin. Bad mentoring, to say the least.

Both these signings are on the records as Bennings but he may have been under pressure to make them, of that I can't be sure, never will probably.

Most of the work JB is doing now, I am good with. I see a good eye and some really decent foundational work.

So I'm kind of Steelers Wheel on it.
You know, Gerrry Rafertty's old band, Stuck in the Middle, Clowns to the left Jokers to the right.
Ah, nevermind, every body is probably too young.
"evolution"
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:Would u rather have Fakes Injuries/Ices Pucks?

I don't like either guy. I would have rather seen the manager spend the money and assets on a good player.

Taylor Raddysh says hi to Lockwood
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Here, he acts like a king shit vet with a bit of a mouth. He pissed me off last year when he needlessly came down on young Goldobin. Bad mentoring, to say the least.
Why?...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

rikster wrote:
Why?...
He told Goldobin that he had to play with Grit and Balls to be effective. It's hilarious because Sutter is one of the softest guys in the NHL
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I don't like either guy. I would have rather seen the manager spend the money and assets on a good player.

Lol @ Raddysh, a real downer we missed out on that.

Pens drafted a Swede goalie with our pick 10 spots ahead of Loclwood
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rikster wrote:
Why?...
He told Goldobin that he had to play with Grit and Balls to be effective. It's hilarious because Sutter is one of the softest guys in the NHL
Sutter needs to sucker punch a butter soft Euro like Wennberg to gain some respectability around here
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Lol @ Raddysh, a real downer we missed out on that.

Pens drafted a Swede goalie with our pick 10 spots ahead of Loclwood

Clearly you've never seen Raddysh play
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rikster wrote:
Why?...
Sutter needs to sucker punch a butter soft Euro like Wennberg to gain some respectability around here
Or you know just finish his checks or win a puck battle. I guess that's tough when you are all wrists and ankles maybe.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

rikster wrote:
Why?...
If you think, and I use that term laughingly, you have something to say to a young guy just starting out on the team,
say it in private! To do what he did, the way he did, no notice, to the hungry Vancouver media, well um, he should have been kicked in one of the narratives he mentioned !!!!!

I don't like it when the Sedins "mentor" that way either.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Soft as butter - Bonino Fakes Injuries Ices Pucks cause he can't take a hit. Doesn't play the "Canadian Way" See Coachs Corner for the Bonino segment.

Lockwood is a hit machine, apparently so much, he's been told by his coaches to tone down his kamikaze style game to prevent injury