2017 Development Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2017 Development Camp

Postby TDA Rum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Here is the roster for the Development camp

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/27/canu ... chedule-2/
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Cornuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:26 pm

NCAA bound Adam Gaudette and William Lockwood will be there. Due to NCAA regulations, they will have paid their own way there.


LOL - The NCAA is such a joke. Everyone gets a slice of the huge pie except the athletes.
2016 - The Road to 65™
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 am

Cornuck wrote:
NCAA bound Adam Gaudette and William Lockwood will be there. Due to NCAA regulations, they will have paid their own way there.


LOL - The NCAA is such a joke. Everyone gets a slice of the huge pie except the athletes.


Yeah, and there's no way the Canucks aren't rightfully helping.

Adam and Will's parents are all of a sudden local area scouts for a few weeks! :wink:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2599
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Puck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:46 pm

You're dead on, Corn. Do you know what the directors for the major bowls make? They organize one football game a year and they make between $500,000 and $1,000,000. The money in college football is massive.

But make sure you don't invite a player to a BBQ, you'll be fined by the NCAA for offering him a cash-equivalent.
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08 am

Aaronp18 wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
NCAA bound Adam Gaudette and William Lockwood will be there. Due to NCAA regulations, they will have paid their own way there.


LOL - The NCAA is such a joke. Everyone gets a slice of the huge pie except the athletes.


Yeah, and there's no way the Canucks aren't rightfully helping.

Adam and Will's parents are all of a sudden local area scouts for a few weeks! :wink:


It's now common place for NCAA prospects to take part of development camps, Aquilini just just hits the bank machine and hands out envelopes containing wads of cash to help fund there participation. Untraceable. It's the Italian way
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby SKYO » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:05 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
NCAA bound Adam Gaudette and William Lockwood will be there. Due to NCAA regulations, they will have paid their own way there.


LOL - The NCAA is such a joke. Everyone gets a slice of the huge pie except the athletes.


It's now common place for NCAA prospects to take part of development camps, Aquilini just just hits the bank machine and hands out envelopes containing wads of cash to help fund there participation. Untraceable. It's the Italian way


Aquabros offshore investing - bid into Gaudette's, Lockwood's parents uhh ebay page, bid $1000 on their son's used hockey jersey.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Puck wrote:You're dead on, Corn. Do you know what the directors for the major bowls make? They organize one football game a year and they make between $500,000 and $1,000,000. The money in college football is massive.

But make sure you don't invite a player to a BBQ, you'll be fined by the NCAA for offering him a cash-equivalent.

8-)
Ya man. I'm smokin wha-cher rollin
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby micky107 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Just a quick look-see at camp today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqr828KsuX8

The finally game is tomorrow at 6:pm, July 6th, at Rogers Arena.
I believe Face-book stream only.

Did they televise this game last year on Sportsnet? Can't remember.
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby SKYO » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Good times, 2013 development camp:
Corrado, McEneny, Subban, Tommernes, Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels, Grenier, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Mallet, Labate, Cannata.

vs

2017 development camp:
Elias Pettersson, Boeser, Juolevi, Dahlen, Gaudette, Kole Lind, Palmu, Lockwood, MacEwan, Molino, Gadjovich, Brisebois, Chatfield, DiPietro.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Cornuck » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:04 pm

2016 - The Road to 65™
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Jovocop » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Where is Lockwood?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Jovocop » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Pettersson really has great skills. If he ever gains 20 lbs or so, he will be a star.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Jovocop wrote:Pettersson really has great skills. If he ever gains 20 lbs or so, he will be a star.

Agree 100%. Just saw his moves on sportsnet app.
With the science and cash involved in the development of these kids it isn't even a question whether they can thicken them up anymore.
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Hank » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Pettersson really has great skills. If he ever gains 20 lbs or so, he will be a star.

Agree 100%. Just saw his moves on sportsnet app.
With the science and cash involved in the development of these kids it isn't even a question whether they can thicken them up anymore.


C'mon... he's a bust. Shoulda picked Glass.






J/K :mrgreen:
Try to focus on 2 years from now...
Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Postby Aaronp18 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:01 pm

That kid probably has the highest ceiling of any prospect we've scene in a while! Maybe that's not saying a lot but he has some serious skills.

He could turn out to be a real gem, he was heads and tails above the other prospects and didn't look like he was trying much at all. Amazing hands, really smooth skating.

Now it was against prospects I know but he definitely stood out!
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2599
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], RoyalDude and 6 guests