2017 Development Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Post by sk8er »

micky107 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:
micky107 wrote: Trevor enjoys power. Always has...
Really? Any time I have ever met him, spoken with him or listened to him speak/interview, he seems (excessively) polite, humble, intelligent and attentive. A good spokes person...

any examples of always enjoyed power?
The goings on during the 04-05 labor dispute. Ring a bell ?
I talked to a few players, not to pleased I might add, that thought he was on a big time power trip.
But what do they know. They're just dumb hockey players, right?
So, one time, twelve years ago, when, If I remember correctly, got the dispute settled, equates to him being on a power trip? Wasn't that his role? To get the thing settled? I think you have a personal bias thing going on.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

sk8er wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Really? Any time I have ever met him, spoken with him or listened to him speak/interview, he seems (excessively) polite, humble, intelligent and attentive. A good spokes person...

I talked to a few players, not to pleased I might add, that thought he was on a big time power trip.
So, one time, twelve years ago, when, If I remember correctly, got the dispute settled, equates to him being on a power trip? Wasn't that his role? To get the thing settled? I think you have a personal bias thing going on.
Behind closed doors, without the assent of his union.
Twelve years ago? Most experts say, a person's character is molded by the age 12.
Don't know about personal bias, maybe some.
Umm, are you not use to hearing personal bias on a hockey forum? :lol:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Trevor spoke for the rank and file members. There were a large number of higher paid type A hockey players, like Chelios, who were horrified that Trevor was taking them down a cap road. But those guys weren't speaking for the rank and file.

But then none of this has to do with development camp.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote:

Certainly not during his "scuffle" with Claude Lemieux. I was waiting for Lemieux to sport a mask and bullwhip Linden.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:

So we are clear, we are about to talk about other people's conversations (that you seem to be saying are simply dumb hockey players) that have formed your opinions for you, and not talking about your own opinions?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:

Certainly not during his "scuffle" with Claude Lemieux. I was waiting for Lemieux to sport a mask and bullwhip Linden.
I am not 100% sure to which scuffle you are talking about. Can you clarify?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Game 6 , 1st round of playoffs Canucks vs Avs. Big Melee where Uwe Krupp beat the piss out of Dana Murzyn.Claude the toad rag dolled the Canucks "captain" in front on a sold out crowd at GM Place. Linden took it like the chump he was and refused to fight. I guess he wanted to beat him on the pp like the twins.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Game 6 , 1st round of playoffs Canucks vs Avs. Big Melee where Uwe Krupp beat the piss out of Dana Murzyn.Claude the toad rag dolled the Canucks "captain" in front on a sold out crowd at GM Place. Linden took it like the chump he was and refused to fight. I guess he wanted to beat him on the pp like the twins.
Lemieux was laughing at him while holding his jersey in a fist right under his chin. Trevor needed to throw down there but tried to wimp his way out.
From that point on he was never the same player
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Game 6 , 1st round of playoffs Canucks vs Avs. Big Melee where Uwe Krupp beat the piss out of Dana Murzyn.Claude the toad rag dolled the Canucks "captain" in front on a sold out crowd at GM Place. Linden took it like the chump he was and refused to fight. I guess he wanted to beat him on the pp like the twins.
While a interesting story, I am not really sure how it relates to the conversation....
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

John Garrett even says Trevor has to do something here... He eventually does 2 years later when he bends over grabs his ankles and gives up the Captains C....

Oh the Memories...

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:

So we are clear, we are about to talk about other people's conversations (that you seem to be saying are simply dumb hockey players) that have formed your opinions for you, and not talking about your own opinions?
Woosh ! That's the sound of anecdotes flying over your head. :lol:

My opinions are my own. Always.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Do goons make the best Presidents?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not sure I would call Brendan Shanahan a goon but I know Claude the Toad wouldn't be ragdolling HIM around the ice like that.

As a player :

Brendan >>>>>> Trevor

As a prez :

Shanny >>> Trevor
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

If Trevor won the draft lottery and won Matthews, Laine or McDavid, we'd be a darling of the league and he'd look like a damn genius. Shanahan wouldn't look so shit hot if he still had Kadri as his #1 center.

In typical Canucks fashion, we have to do things the long and hard way and probably have to get beat up by Edmonton and Calgary for a while.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

olpaddy wrote:
John Garrett even says Trevor has to do something here... He eventually does 2 years later when he bends over grabs his ankles and gives up the Captains C....

Oh the Memories...

Haha ya thats the one. I was there and it was brutal...you could almost see TLs balls shriveling from the upper level
If you need air...call it in