Playoff OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Playoff OOTS

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I guess it's easier to trash a guy and expect the worst though.

Jake is afraid to mix it up after the beating he took from Farnham.

Hobo Blob has trashed more players than anyone in Canucks messageboard history.

Course, like his cousin Tuna, he only does so in regards to current Canucks...
I guess I could join the guzzlers and not see any fault in the current management. I mean are your eyes that gunked up that you see a manager doing a bang up job? I probably wouldn't rag on the guy near as much if you guys would actually admit when he fucks up. Virtanen is a bust at this point. He has about a season ..... at the most two to make it. Otherwise it's a colossal blunder. And if you actually paid attention he has been far less physical since Farnham punched the piss out of him. There is no debating that .
Bubbles has written the book on Virtanen and Juolevi but won't finish writing the book on Granlund cause Gillis drafted Shrunkcarrot
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hawks fucking up....
Getting old is not for the young...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

rats19 wrote:Hawks fucking up....
8-)

Chelsea Daggered.
Try to focus on THIS year... again
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

That first OT of the Leaves and Caps was awesome hockey
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:That first OT of the Leaves and Caps was awesome hockey
Totally... that series and the coiler series are full on. Love it
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Must be killing Doc and Dude all that speed and skill .....
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Must be killing Doc and Dude all that speed and skill .....
It's better to not draft too much talent because they can get expensive...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Lancer wrote: I have no doubt that the Canucks organization exercised as much patience and assistance with him as they could bear but he hadn't hit rock bottom yet and the organization cut their losses when the opportunity to get something for him arose. I don't fault the Canucks for that at all. You wonder what kind of chemistry would have come from his continued presence in the dressing room, even if he was sent to rehab, until he saw the light.
Well, if MG stuck around, he would have been more patient with Zack. Zack's issue was kept quiet and probably more controlled under MG's watch. Maybe MG would have done something similar to what he did to Manny, do not allow Zack to play until Zack got treatment and was 100% clean. At the same time, maybe Zack needed to hit rock bottom to truly wake up b4 he could really turn his life around. Who knows.

Right now, it's great to see Kass playing well and helping his team. He's healthy and playing with a ton of confidence. He has got that swagger right now. It's like he doesn't care what happens or what ppl think of him, he's just going to play his game and let the chips fall where it may. Maybe Zack will fall back to his old ways, maybe Zack will finally reach that potential that MG saw him. Who knows. Right now, it's fun watching him play like a beast out there in these big playoff games and many fans (even on this board) believed he could do it. Just wish he was doing it in Canuck colours. :)
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Lancer wrote: I have no doubt that the Canucks organization exercised as much patience and assistance with him as they could bear but he hadn't hit rock bottom yet and the organization cut their losses when the opportunity to get something for him arose. I don't fault the Canucks for that at all.
Well, if MG stuck around, he would have been more patient with Zack. Zack's issue was kept quiet and probably more controlled under MG's watch. Maybe MG would have done something similar to what he did to Manny, do not allow Zack to play until Zack got treatment and was 100% clean. At the same time, maybe Zack needed to hit rock bottom to truly wake up b4 he could really turn his life around. Who knows.

Right now, it's great to see Kass playing well and helping his team...

Just wish he was doing it in Canuck colours. :)
The tried really hard and were patient with Kass, but yeah some people need to hit multiple rock bottoms to finally smarten up, and then you need that one fucking shitty your life/career could all be done if you don't stop now, and that car crash is what it took for him. ZK was mentioning this was probably it for his career if he didn't make a better lifestyle choice.

We know with Willie he didn't play zack much, he was in doghouse a lot!
Kassian's tenure with the Canucks was marked with injuries and inconsistency. The latter sometimes landed him in the press box as a healthy scratch. His mistakes often brought about swift reprimand and demotion from three different coaches in Alain Vigneault, John Tortorella and most recently Willie Desjardins.

It's clear the Canucks believe they exhausted every avenue in trying to get the best out of Kassian and felt it was simply time to move on.

"I need to find consistency," Kassian told TSN. "My time in Vancouver, deep down I think I could've gave more and they knew that."

"We've spent a lot of time working with Zack Kassian. Trust me when I say that," said general manager Jim Benning, who wouldn't discuss if there were off-ice issues with Kassian.
But yeah glad the big lug Kass is alive and better now and is finally showing what he could do.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Minny down 3-0 holyshit eh, the power of a goalie on fire, almost knocking out the 2nd best team in the West.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:Minny down 3-0 holyshit eh, the power of a goalie on fire, almost knocking out the 2nd best team in the West.

Thought this one would go 6-7 games. Thought Minny would pull it out. Blues seemed to get it together at the right time. Still, one game at a time.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Lancer wrote: I have no doubt that the Canucks organization exercised as much patience and assistance with him as they could bear but he hadn't hit rock bottom yet and the organization cut their losses when the opportunity to get something for him arose. I don't fault the Canucks for that at all. You wonder what kind of chemistry would have come from his continued presence in the dressing room, even if he was sent to rehab, until he saw the light.

Right now, it's great to see Kass playing well and helping his team. He's healthy and playing with a ton of confidence. He has got that swagger right now. It's like he doesn't care what happens or what ppl think of him, he's just going to play his game and let the chips fall where it may. Maybe Zack will fall back to his old ways, maybe Zack will finally reach that potential that MG saw him. Who knows. Right now, it's fun watching him play like a beast out there in these big playoff games and many fans (even on this board) believed he could do it. Just wish he was doing it in Canuck colours. :)
Its just one fucking game! Holy fuck, he was on the 4th line all year. Get out the history books, cause one game makes a career, apparently! Yeah, Ferland was once a rock star against the Canucks a couple playoffs ago too.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

So you wouldn't take a sober Kassian and a Ferland on this teams forward lines ? You'd prefer Megna, Chaput, Skille , Molina, Shore etc ? We know you love Sutter and Eriksson . You love the butter soft string bean guys who chew up 10.5 million in cap and produce 30 points
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So you wouldn't take a sober Kassian and a Ferland on this teams forward lines ? You'd prefer Megna, Chaput, Skille , Molina, Shore etc ? We know you love Sutter and Eriksson . You love the butter soft string bean guys who chew up 10.5 million in cap and produce 30 points
No offence to your hero - Coke-assian, but everyone looks good on that team because of McDavid. They've parked a fire hydrant named Maroon on McDavids line and miraculously he scores 27 goals this year. Nothing to do with the influence of playing on the same team with McJesus, nothing!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

That isn't my point. Do you not think this Canucks team would be better and a lot tougher to play against with Ferland and Kassian ? I am fine with why they let Kassian go but they need a couple of physical fast forwards like these guys . If you can't at least admit this team is way too fucking soft and small there's really no point in discussing this any further.