Playoff OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Playoff OOTS

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Nope. Moved outta there a year and a half ago
Uncle Danth Leg'th heart remainth in Lethbridge.
Hmmm..i do like Luca Sbisas' game a lot more than i probably should....
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Hmmm..i do like Luca Thbithath' game a lot more than i probably thould....
So where you at now Danny?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Hmmm..i do like Luca Thbithath' game a lot more than i probably thould....
So where you at now Danny?
We bought a farm an hour outta Red Deer but are thinking of selling it already and semi-retiring back to BC.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: I wonder if Jim wishes a re-do.
:roll:
RoyalDude wrote:Too bad ole Zack the Coke assassin was rockin the cocaine magazine flaps while in Vancouver, hits rock bottom in 'Montreal and winds up Narcotics Anonymous in Edmonton. Trust me he will fall off the wagon again if he already hasn't
I was thinking exactly the same thing last night.
I for one am happy to see him playing well. I guess it's easier to trash a guy and expect the worst though. I honestly will be happy if Virtanen can develop into what Kassian is now , albeit a lot less tough. Jake is afraid to mix it up after the beating he took from Farnham.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Zach's Ferland moment.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Sens win in O/T.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Zach's Ferland moment.
Don't blink you might miss it
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

I'd take Kassian or Ferland over any of the Canucks bottom six wingers.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I guess it's easier to trash a guy and expect the worst though.

Jake is afraid to mix it up after the beating he took from Farnham.

Hobo Blob has trashed more players than anyone in Canucks messageboard history.

Course, like his cousin Tuna, he only does so in regards to current Canucks...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'd take Kassian or Ferland over any of the Canucks bottom six wingers.
Interesting, two flash in the pan players with a track record for substance abuse.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: I wonder if Jim wishes a re-do.
:roll:
RoyalDude wrote:Too bad ole Zack the Coke assassin was rockin the cocaine magazine flaps while in Vancouver, hits rock bottom in 'Montreal and winds up Narcotics Anonymous in Edmonton. Trust me he will fall off the wagon again if he already hasn't
I was thinking exactly the same thing last night.
I for one am happy to see him playing well. I guess it's easier to trash a guy and expect the worst though. I honestly will be happy if Virtanen can develop into what Kassian is now , albeit a lot less tough. Jake is afraid to mix it up after the beating he took from Farnham.
So Kassian's game last night was reflective on his entire 2016-17 season?

Kassian - 7 goals - 17 assists
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Virtanen 9 and 9 in the AHL.

LOL!!!!!! And about as physical as Lars Molin
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I guess it's easier to trash a guy and expect the worst though.

Jake is afraid to mix it up after the beating he took from Farnham.

Hobo Blob has trashed more players than anyone in Canucks messageboard history.

Course, like his cousin Tuna, he only does so in regards to current Canucks...
I guess I could join the guzzlers and not see any fault in the current management. I mean are your eyes that gunked up that you see a manager doing a bang up job? I probably wouldn't rag on the guy near as much if you guys would actually admit when he fucks up. Virtanen is a bust at this point. He has about a season ..... at the most two to make it. Otherwise it's a colossal blunder. And if you actually paid attention he has been far less physical since Farnham punched the piss out of him. There is no debating that .
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Virtanen has never struck me as a guy with a mean streak. He's physical, but I do wonder if that's a product of being bigger and stronger than the kids his age. Personality-wise, he seems more likely to care about his image than actually hurting anyone. Against men, he's run around and chased hits. As Blob mentions, he can't fight for shit. Doesn't help he's had smoke blown up his ass by management saying he's "physically ready" for the NHL game when he was clearly not, and was leaned on too heavily, too soon, to provide a physical element to the softest team in the NHL.

Kassian is mean on a whole other level, and that's what the Canucks desperately miss. That Bertuzzi kind of nasty that you know they might come un-hinged and actually do some damage. Virtanen is not, and won't ever be, that kind of player. Predatory hitter like Torres maybe, not likely one that can back it up. Kassian is dangerous whenever he's on the ice, and other players know this. Anyone that's willing to do what he did to Gagner (pre-season!!) commands a wide berth, and the Sharks didn't have an answer for him last night.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Virtanen has never struck me as a guy with a mean streak. He's physical, but I do wonder if that's a product of being bigger and stronger than the kids his age. Personality-wise, he seems more likely to care about his image than actually hurting anyone. Against men, he's run around and chased hits. As Blob mentions, he can't fight for shit. Doesn't help he's had smoke blown up his ass by management saying he's "physically ready" for the NHL game when he was clearly not, and was leaned on too heavily, too soon, to provide a physical element to the softest team in the NHL.

Kassian is mean on a whole other level, and that's what the Canucks desperately miss. That Bertuzzi kind of nasty that you know they might come un-hinged and actually do some damage. Virtanen is not, and won't ever be, that kind of player. Predatory hitter like Torres maybe, not likely one that can back it up. Kassian is dangerous whenever he's on the ice, and other players know this. Anyone that's willing to do what he did to Gagner (pre-season!!) commands a wide berth, and the Sharks didn't have an answer for him last night.
And fighting plays such a major role in today's NHL and in the playoffs. Are you watching the-runs of the Brady Bunch and listening to Gladys Night and the Pips right now?