Expansion draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Expansion draft

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/goldenknights

Vegas roster with cap-hits is up...
That defence looks capable of dolling out some punishment.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Puck wrote:I thought there was a proposal at one point to add a second Defenseman trophy to reward the truly defensive D-men. The 'all-round' concept generally leans heavily towards scoring. Paul Coffey would never have made a list of finalists for a true defensive award, yet he has multiple Norris trophies.

By the way Per, if the voting included the playoffs, Karlsson would have won the Norris and the Hart, but for regular season it's hard to deny Burns - he had an exceptional year.
Good point, they should create a new trophy for the highest scoring dman & call it the Ray Bourque trophy, and then give the Norris to a true all-round dman, similar to the Selke trophy for best defensive forward.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

STALWART
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

STALWARTs
Luca has more in his game than Hossa has on his body.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Can't say I'm surprised to see Sbisa go - not a big deal at all IMHO. Another $3.6 million to spend this year though I'm not sure too many free agents will want to come to Vancouver given where the team is at. Luca is easily replaced, perhaps even by Holm or Pedan internally.

I still would of rather they had traded him for whatever. At least Blob will be happy that that horrible contract is off the books :mex: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just playing Blob, just playing.
Meh ... he only had one year left and there are two way shittier contracts still on the team. I would have exposed Sutter but Vegas probably wouldn't have taken him ,so it's a moot point.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tampa had to give up two prospects to get Vegas to take Garrison and that ridiculous Gillis contract off their books. We couldn't stop Vegas from taking Sbisa. Blobby "meh, he only had one year left" This after two years of moaning about Sbisa's contract and never giving kudos to Benning for getting rid of Garrison without having to give up assets like Tampa was forced to. Interesting
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Tampa had to give up two prospects to get Vegas to take Garrison and that ridiculous Gillis contract off their books. We couldn't stop Vegas from taking Sbisa. Blobby "meh, he only had one year left" This after two years of moaning about Sbisa's contract and never giving kudos to Benning for getting rid of Garrison without having to give up assets like Tampa was forced to. Interesting
I had zero problem with Elmer trading Garrison to Tampa. It's what he did with the pick afterwards is where I rightfully carved him. I was fine with shedding Garrisons contract.

Tampa made that payment to protect Killorn as much ad anything else.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Tampa had to give up two prospects to get Vegas to take Garrison and that ridiculous Gillis contract off their books. We couldn't stop Vegas from taking Sbisa. Blobby "meh, he only had one year left" This after two years of moaning about Sbisa's contract and never giving kudos to Benning for getting rid of Garrison without having to give up assets like Tampa was forced to. Interesting
I had zero problem with Elmer trading Garrison to Tampa. It's what he did with the pick afterwards is where I rightfully carved him. I was fine with shedding Garrisons contract.

Tampa made that payment to protect Killorn as much ad anything else.
Yeah K
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Exactly.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blobby finding signal in the Boo is like when i was a kid and my dope smoking whore fuckin uncle would come into town for a visit. It was all predictable and structured but then all hell would break loose and dad would be chuggin straight whiskey, smokin left handed cigarettes and telling mom- "no job or woman gonna hold me down"....then unc would go and life would return to normal....well after dad gave her his balls back lol
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'm back on the coast. With Telus I get a signal pretty much anywhere.

My liver is waiving a white flag at me. Got a 50th birthday party to attend tomorrow too.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm back on the coast. With Telus I get a signal pretty much anywhere.

My liver is waiving a white flag at me. Got a 50th birthday party to attend tomorrow too.
Nothing like a 50th party to help repair a fucked liver :lol: Its why i go 75% weed and the rest whiskey. Steer clear of fuckin beer. It seems to kill me these days
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm back on the coast. With Telus I get a signal pretty much anywhere.

Say happy birthday to your grandson for me.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:

Say happy birthday to your grandson for me.
lol

Robert Macenzzi the sicilian will make a switch from his usual fruity beers to some of his nasty home brewed gasoline - Grappa, for the paryt. His face is probably redder and glossier than an apple.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

STALWART
Such a stalwart they can't give him away for a 7th.