Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Post Reply
Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2387
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Hank » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm not sure why it's taking Bergie so long.

Habs need D (well, they need everything really). They could use a young Bhutt and maybe even a DJ in the dressing room.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Boeser said he's not worried about signing a new contract right now, saying he has one more year left on his current one, just concentrating on the upcoming season.

HOWEVER IF Boeser gets injured again, he goes from possible $6.5-$6.9M per x 8 years with signing bonuses to last through the possible CBA holdout to a $3.5M - $4M x 2 or 3 years bridge contract just like that.

pros and cons for him and his agent, risk vs reward.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17385
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm

^ A career-ending injury would mean ZERO dollars.

Something we know he thought about long and hard after last year's injury.

"$6.5-$6.9M per x 8 years" would be at the lowest possible end of the scale.

The expectation in this day and age is more is more like $8M X 8.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by micky107 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:37 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news ... 8z6tdv1q58

Dilemma. And with it, precautionary positioning.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm
^ A career-ending injury would mean ZERO dollars.

Something we know he thought about long and hard after last year's injury.

"$6.5-$6.9M per x 8 years" would be at the lowest possible end of the scale.

The expectation in this day and age is more is more like $8M X 8.
Nyet.

Perhaps you should check good ol' cap friendly m8, nobody in his age range is getting those numbers.

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2019

Boeser unless he's putting up MVP points in the playoffs ala Draisaitl in 2017, he won't be getting 8+ m.

IF he wants that kind of dough tho, he'll have to bridge contract for 3 years like Nikita Kucherov and dominate those years, which I'd be ok with as we keep the cap down for 3-4 years, then give him primo money. OR he can simply take the standard 6x6.something like Pastrnak, Johnny Hockey.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17385
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Lol, yeahno, you don't get to dis-include Draisaitl my friend!

McDave got $12.5M X 8... but he's at least 50% better than Boeser.

Eichel got $10 X 8... but he's 25% better.

Draisaitl got $8.5 X 8... we're getting warmer.

Your boy Pastrnak only got $6.66M-per but that's only a 6-year contract... YUGE difference.

Now... in regards to Boeser and your list, show me a single similarly-aged/similar-stats forward lately to sign anything like your:

"$6.5-$6.9M per x 8 years" :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by micky107 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am

Canucks resign Troy Stetcher to a two year contract worth 2.325 million per year.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1020367495637524480
"evolution"

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7931
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:19 am

micky107 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am
Canucks resign Troy Stetcher to a two year contract worth 2.325 million per year.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1020367495637524480
What a fantastic deal!

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2387
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Hank » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 am

This does seem like a very good signing. :thumbs:
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by ESQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:35 am

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm
Lol, yeahno, you don't get to dis-include Draisaitl my friend!

McDave got $12.5M X 8... but he's at least 50% better than Boeser.

Eichel got $10 X 8... but he's 25% better.

Draisaitl got $8.5 X 8... we're getting warmer.

Your boy Pastrnak only got $6.66M-per but that's only a 6-year contract... YUGE difference.

Now... in regards to Boeser and your list, show me a single similarly-aged/similar-stats forward lately to sign anything like your:

"$6.5-$6.9M per x 8 years" :mex:
Ehlers, 7 years $6 mil, after 2 25+ goal/60+ point seasons.

Barkov, 6 years x $5.9-mil, after 59 points in 66 games.

Forsberg, 6x$6 mil, after 2 60+ point seasons.

But you're right, 8 year deals are extremely uncommon for post-ELC deals.

In fact, Draisatl, McDavid, and Eichel are literally the only comparables... :mex:

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11110
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:36 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:19 am
micky107 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am
Canucks resign Troy Stetcher to a two year contract worth 2.325 million per year.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1020367495637524480
What a fantastic deal!
Not sure if serious ? :scowl:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7931
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am

No reason for the Canucks to rush an extension on Boeser. His value probably can't get much higher. A 40+ season gets him $8M per, injuries and a sophomore slump and we can probably bridge him for 7M

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7931
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:36 am
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:19 am
micky107 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am
Canucks resign Troy Stetcher to a two year contract worth 2.325 million per year.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1020367495637524480
What a fantastic deal!
Not sure if serious ? :scowl:
No, I don't think it's a great deal, but I'm trying to look on the bright side! :drink:

Topper will love it.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11110
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Topper can’t go against Doc. Doc loves the deal
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7931
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 pm
Topper can’t go against Doc. Doc loves the deal
"Don't hate the game, hate the player"?

Post Reply