Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:You homies just watch man, Stecher & Baertschi will have killer seasons coming up real quick.

Six years @ $3.75m per for Stecher. *(ok maybe 3.5m :devil: )
Five or six years x $3.75m-$4m for Baertschi will be a steal for em ahah yes, trust me.
You might be in the right ball-park for Stecher but there is no way they talk seriously until he completes his second year. Barring injury, should be great. You don't have to worry about him, he aint going anywhere else.
In Baertschi's case, I don't know what to expect. We may have already seen his ceiling. Definitely need to see another year. He is a lucky young man in that the Canucks took a chance on him coming out of Calgary and his war with them.
Not sure he will be on Bo's line all year. I have an idea who may supplant him on that line by year's end but I can't say now cause I would be roasted an toasted, :oops:
Now I gotta do some homework to see if I can figure out when our next retention window opens...
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Come on Mick, have the courage of your convictions and put your prediction out there!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote:Come on Mick, have the courage of your convictions and put your prediction out there!
I've already made it on another thread. Just wait and I will repost it on that other thread.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Well looks like ol Baertschi with his fluid playmaking will have a solid season with Horvat/Boeser.

But I'm gonna lower my asking price on Bart & go 4 years *ask $2.75M per - settle closer to $3M per, get him locked in at an affordable hit, it's the inflation Burrows contract he got riding with the Sedins 4 years @ $2M per.

Stecher banged up, don't know how his season will go.

Granlund looks like a superb two-way checker type a solid bottom 6, he can a reasonable raise, but probably only 2 or 3 years.

Burmi maybe a one year extension.

That's if no trades come about in a package deal.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Well looks like ol Baertschi with his fluid playmaking will have a solid season with Horvat/Boeser.

But I'm gonna lower my asking price on Bart & go 4 years *ask $2.75M per - settle closer to $3M per, get him locked in at an affordable hit, it's the inflation Burrows contract he got riding with the Sedins 4 years @ $2M per.

Stecher banged up, don't know how his season will go.

Granlund looks like a superb two-way checker type a solid bottom 6, he can a reasonable raise, but probably only 2 or 3 years.

Burmi maybe a one year extension.

That's if no trades come about in a package deal.
13 games in.....let's wait until game 30 before we start handing out extensions beyond 1 year contracts.

Henrik and Daniel are all but certainly finished after this season. I can't see them even wanting to come back. They are down to 13 minutes of ice time per night from around 19 last year, and with the way they are playing, and their dud of a PP unit right now, I can't see that number increasing as the season wears on. Their effectiveness per 60 minutes played has taken a major step back over the past 3 seasons, and I think what we are seeing now just serves to highlight that.

They are getting the most PP time per game of any players on our team, and they have combined for a whopping 2 assists.

Get Daniel his 1000th point and then exit into the sunset of a pair of very good careers, take a year or so away from the game, then come back to the team in professional development coaching roles. Honestly you can't find two better pro's when it comes to their physical and mental preparedness year in and year out, and I think it looks good on any franchise to try and find roles for franchise players like them after they retire (should they want them). But I really don't want them in a position to advise any of our younger players on how to play with no bite.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

February tomorrow 2018.

For a Brock Boeser extension after this July, think David Pastrnak or Phil Kessel, probably more Phil Kessel.

8 years 6.5M - 6.8M range.

Pastrnak scored 34g, 36a, 70pts to get his contract.

Kessel scored 37g, 43a, 80pts to get his contract this is the range BB-gun should be around, top out 70-80points.

Boeser meanwhile currently scored 24g, 20a, 44pts in 47 games so far.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 pm February tomorrow 2018.

For a Brock Boeser extension after this July, think David Pastrnak or Phil Kessel, probably more Phil Kessel.

Kessel scored 37g, 43a, 80pts to get his contract this is the range BB-gun should be around, top out 70-80points.

Boeser meanwhile currently scored 24g, 20a, 44pts in 47 games so far.
Skyo, if you could accomplish that, you would be the genius.

We'll see how the next 2 months play out but this is smelling more like the 8 for 8+ range.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Brockey Hockey rebuilds Canucks nation. Helluva pick at 23!!! Bring in the new era!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Anyone have an idea how many contracts Vancouver is at ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:09 pm Anyone have an idea how many contracts Vancouver is at ?
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:09 pm Anyone have an idea how many contracts Vancouver is at ?
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

Good. Should have some contracts coming off the books this summer too for roster flexibility. Cederholm, Stewart , Megna and Labate should definitely be gone. Not sure about Chaput, Cassels and Molino. Dowd should not be renewed. Then we have the twins......
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Should see the Sedins, Jokinen and Dowd gone up front by July 1st.

And gonna guess a couple dmen get moved, the defense needs a overhaul - rebuild the defensive house down to the studs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 pm For a Brock Boeser extension after this July, think David Pastrnak or Phil Kessel, probably more Phil Kessel.

Actually I was wrong well it's 6.8M per cap hit for the Pens for Kessel, in actuality it's 8M per AAV but the leaves salary retained.

Pastrnak: 6 years $40,000,000M ($6,666,666M AAV)
Another comparable, Johnny Gaudreau: 6 years $40,500,000 ($6.75M AAV)

Still hope to sign Boeser to 8 years, maybe we should make it a solid $7M per, a little more to buy some UFA years and he'll be 30 so he can sign another big contract then.

Boeser: 8 years $56,000,000 ($7M AAV)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I loathe to speak of sensitive issues but I am very concerned about a 2.8 million dollar contract and I say that with a regrettable "smile".
We are going to have a log jam and I do not believe burying said contract in the minors helps anyone, including the Utica regulars.
Waivers always look and seem so desperate.
I'm sure a couple may well retort with; "He's still pretty young, there may be hope". My personal hockey senses say very doubtful.
If J.B. can find any port for a 4th or even 5th, I think he should before summer's end.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 pm I loathe to speak of sensitive issues but I am very concerned about a 2.8 million dollar contract and I say that with a regrettable "smile".
We are going to have a log jam and I do not believe burying said contract in the minors helps anyone, including the Utica regulars.
Waivers always look and seem so desperate.
I'm sure a couple may well retort with; "He's still pretty young, there may be hope". My personal hockey senses say very doubtful.
If J.B. can find any port for a 4th or even 5th, I think he should before summer's end.
Are you talking about Hutton?

There should be no problem trading him, heck we've got lots of cap-space... so we could retain 50% of his contract if we wanted.
____
Try to focus on someday.