TDD 2017

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

TDD 2017

Post by Hockey Widow »

So far:

Bishop UFA to LA
The Kings receive Ben Bishop and a 2017 fifth-round pick, while the Lightning get backup goalie Peter Budaj, 19-year-old defenceman Erik Cernak, a 2017 7th round pick, and a conditional pick.

Hanzel UFA to Minnesota
Ryan White and a fourth-round pick are also headed to the Wild. Arizona receives a 2017 first-round pick, a 2018 second-round pick, and a conditional pick that could become a second-round pick in 2019, per Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.

Eaves UFA to Anaheim
The conditional pick going to Dallas was acquired by Anaheim from the Toronto Maple leaves in the trade that involved goaltender Frederik Andersen made June 20. If Anaheim advances to the Western Conference Final, and Eaves plays in at least half of their games in the first two rounds of the playoffs, the Stars get the Ducks' first-round pick in the 2017 draft.

Stone UFA to Calgary.
Arizona traded Stone, who is playing on a one-year contract, to the Calgary Flames for a third-round draft pick in 2017 and a conditional fifth-round draft pick in 2018.

Hainsey UFA to Pittsburgh
The Pittsburgh Penguins acquired defenseman Ron Hainsey from the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday in a trade for a second-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft and minor league forward Danny Kristo.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: TDD 2017

Post by Meds »

Tick tock. Tick tock.

We all (who aren't dumb enough to think we're a playoff team) said Jim should have been selling after the road trip went to shit. Get ahead of it.

Instead he couldn't make up his mind if he was a seller or not. Sometimes it Sounds like he still hasn't. Now at least two potential trade partners have spent on big items and his market just got smaller.

It pisses me off that we have players coming down with the mumps because now he can fall back on that excuse that nobody would deal with the Canucks because of a potential "outbreak". FFS.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Anaheim and Minny were discussed as possible landing spots for Burr and/or Hansen. Can't see them being interested any longer.

The other one missing from the list is Jurco going to Chicago from Detroit for a 3rd.

Hopefully Montreal and/or the Rangers show interest in Burrows. I could see Hansen being a fit for a budget-concious team like Ottawa, but wether he'd go there or not is another question.

Judging what Tampa got for Bishop, gotta think the market for Miller is nearly zero. Might as well focus attention on the players that can bring back something.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
It pisses me off that we have players coming down with the mumps because now he can fall back on that excuse that nobody would deal with the Canucks because of a potential "outbreak". FFS.
Damn straight. In his eyes Lennie Small has his excuse for another bed shitting at the deadline. Thankfully the Aquilinis likely won't see it that way. I can guarantee they don't enjoy being the laughing stock of the entire league. He won't escape this time if he sits around with his finger in his anus once again
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

For a year that is supposed to be quiet, there have been lots of trades, and the prices seem high. A 1st for Hanzel?? He's about the same as Hansen ffs.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Damn straight. In his eyes Lennie Small has his excuse for another bed shitting at the deadline. Thankfully the Aquilinis likely won't see it that way. I can guarantee they don't enjoy being the laughing stock of the entire league. He won't escape this time if he sits around with his finger in his anus once again
Dont be so sure Blob. Benning is a Linden hire, and I just dont see Linden letting him go. So really, where we are, is as much to do with Linden. Linden is the face for the Canuck brand thay the Aquilini's need. I don't see them firing Linden (though i think they should). Nope, it'll likely be the status quo as we go forward... you know... day in and day out of the Benning mouth breathers proclaiming his geniusness despite the evidence to the contrary.
cc oldtimer
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What a fucking urine fest this thread is. One needs a hazmat wet suit entering this contamination zone. It's like Tony Gallagher and his socks have taken over this thread.

Thanks to old salty - Roberto 'the Sicilian' Macenzzi, leading the piss fest and Ster - his newest, bestest wingman.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ok Captain Rubberpants
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Expect a lot.... get nothing
Expect something... get nothing
Expect nothing... get what you wish for... :!:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote:For a year that is supposed to be quiet, there have been lots of trades, and the prices seem high. A 1st for Hanzel?? He's about the same as Hansen ffs.
A 1st this year, a 2nd next year, and a 4th in 2019 that becomes a 2nd if the Wild make it to the Conference Finals and Hanzal plays in 50%+1 of the games.

Sure the Wild got Ryan White and a 4th back.....but who gives a shit. That was filler.

As for Hanzal vs Hansen.....you aren't far wrong.

Jannik is one of the better 2-way 3rd line wingers in the league. He's way faster than Hanzal, and his career scoring clip is 0.42 ppg to Hanzal's 0.51 ppg. Hansen is a career plus-46, and Hanzal is a career minus-23. Hansen has 12 fewer goals in 40 fewer games and less than half the number of PIM (the latter a factor in the playoffs when special teams are very much make or break in a 7 game series).

Hanzal gets top-6 minutes, and he has for a long time. Hanzal is also a centerman, so the offense more often flows through that position. Pivots are worth more than wingers, but that price tag makes you think that Hansen is worth a 1st somewhere. Especially with a year of term left at a very good cap hit.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I expected pretty much nothing before the mumps.
Mumps probably rules out Burrows. I wouldn't trade for him as a GM with what little he offers added to the risk he carries Mumps.
So now I am expecting nothing at all.
Should keep Hansen and expose concussion prone Baer anyways.
No one really needs Miller except Calgary, and he won't go there.
So nothing was expected and so it will be. It is written.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:What a fucking urine fest this thread is. One needs a hazmat wet suit entering this contamination zone. It's like Tony Gallagher and his socks have taken over this thread.

Thanks to old salty - Roberto 'the Sicilian' Macenzzi, leading the piss fest and Ster - his newest, bestest wingman.
Do you mean kinda like when that RoyalDude guy used to wave his soiled depends around while screaming about Mike Gillis.....

Oh man! Do you remember that guy? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh right..... :look:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote:I expected pretty much nothing before the mumps.
Mumps probably rules out Burrows. I wouldn't trade for him as a GM with what little he offers added to the risk he carries Mumps.
So now I am expecting nothing at all.
Should keep Hansen and expose concussion prone Baer anyways.
No one really needs Miller except Calgary, and he won't go there.
So nothing was expected and so it will be. It is written.
Miller might go anywhere in the west if it's for the playoffs. It would only be for 3 months, and his wife lives in LA anyhow. Only about 20 minutes difference flying between LA and Van and LA and Calgary.

But who knows eh.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

It would be nice to see Burrows on a contender. It would be kinda sad to see the ole warrior move on, if in fact he does get moved. His potential highs and lows will likely be my primary source of entertainment/amusement for the remainder of the year. Maybe a team like the Habs could offer a third rounder with us taking a percentage of Burrows' salary, might do the trick? Do u suppose Chicago would have amy interest? LoL Could you imagine!
cc oldtimer
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Is this for real? I guess not, it seems like a fake account
Renaud Lavoie‏@ranlavoietva · 28 minutes ago
Canucks have traded Ryan Miller to the Stars for Antti Niemi #tvasports