The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 am If the tree returns

Left handed D-men

Edler
Hughes
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Hutton
Brisebios
Pouliot

Right handed D-men

Tanev
Gudbranson
Stecher
Woo

A little tilted to one side, isn’t it?

You forgot Biega :eh: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am It was only 1-2 weeks ago that Trymankin was stripped of the captaincy and benched for 2-3 games. No word on why. Just saying something may not be quite right with his commitment which doesn’t bode well for him fitting into the NHL. Perhaps his not wanting to engage is more of a concern?
I think I will "choose" to speculate that Mr. Woody is purposely pissing off his team to the point they say get lost and void his contract.
They can do that there! Yes indeed.

It's a master plan
"evolution"
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Tryamkin's physical presence & potential are intriguing, however he's beginning to look like a head case.

He needs to state his position & provide a reasonable explanation for recent events.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

sagebrush wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:24 pm Tryamkin's physical presence & potential are intriguing, however he's beginning to look like a head case.

He needs to state his position & provide a reasonable explanation for recent events.
Agreed, move on from him. Want players with heart and conviction not a pansy ass who maybe or maybe not play each night.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I still have hope for him. But.....He left Vancouver suddenly at the end of the year with mixed reasoning. He showed up to camp not in NHL conditioning. He refused to go to Utica. He was upset because he thought he should be top four, not earn it. he didn't like the smells of Vancouver. He was just stripped of his captaincy and benched for lacklustre play. when here, he didn't understand why we wanted him to be more physical. He went back to Russia hoping to be on the National team and got cut after he made the team. More and more it looks like his effort and level of engagement may not be NHL ready. Does he truly understand what type of commitment is needed and does he have that next gear to go out and get it? Or is he content with the millions he has already made and content to play in in second class league? does he covet a chance to play in the NHL?

So I still hope and I still see his potential but I am wondering if he is a head case as suggested. I Think like Blob, we are best to not pencil him into our line up unless and until he returns.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Forgive me; I stole this. :lol: sorry, whoever you are.

Avtomobilist has a new coach this season. That's likely an important point. Even after a hot start by the team, Tryamkin had his captaincy stripped in favour of Nigel Dawes and was also benched for a couple games. Tryamkin has been very tight-lipped to the media about the issue assuring them that he has no issue with the decision and is committed to the team's success (yawn).

In one brief interview (in Russian ofc), the new coach, Andrei Martemyanov had a bit more to say on the matter, though it's still the typical boiler-plate media BS you'd expect to hear from an NHL coach. Essentially, he says that that Tryamkin need to "ripen" and will be captain again at some point. Dawes will be captain for the time being, but he has it's possible that there could more captaincy changes as the season moves forward. He insists that Tryamkin's benching were not an "educational" measure; rather, he's simply making use of a very deep defensive core and more rotations can be expected in the future.

Now Mick; I will just add his team started their season 16-0.
I can't see anything that is definable.
Sounds like a soap opera.
To be honest, I haven't fully invested myself in figuring him into the Canuck line-up, since he left. Figure, as usual, wait.
Was rather intrigued with the idea of seeing he and Hughes standing together for the Anthem though.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fuck all ya'll you'll accept Tryamkin or he'll beat your pansy asses.

The big beast is the closest we'll get to having someone who can beast mode like Byfuglien on defense, plus he has a blaster of a shot.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

To me, Tryamkin is still the most exciting defensive prospect in the franchise.

He was such a physical beast that he didn't need to arrive in shape, or get in fights or try to play "physical". He has the physical power to just destroy opponents without much effort, and nobody could fight him for retribution - just ask Jamie Benn.

Would I count on him returning? No. But until his current contract expires, I would definitely make room for him.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think you need to watch some video of Hughes bro. This kid is a superstar in the making coming up. Very easily could be the best defenseman of his draft year.
If you need air...call it in
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Comets keep showing a lot of confidence in Juolevi, really liking his progression with the team.
Coach Cull on Juolevi: It's been really good for Olli. He's come in here, and I wasn't sure what kind of defenseman I'd get. He's been very reliable, he's been running our first unit power play, doing a nice job up top. He's got nice poise with the puck
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:12 am Comets keep showing a lot of confidence in Juolevi, really liking his progression with the team.
Coach Cull on Juolevi: It's been really good for Olli. He's come in here, and I wasn't sure what kind of defenseman I'd get. He's been very reliable, he's been running our first unit power play, doing a nice job up top. He's got nice poise with the puck
Canuck fans aren't known for their patience, but I've doing my best to just let ju develop at his own speed. If he ends up top 2, great - if he's a 2a, I'll live with that too. We just need SOMEone to come up and take out a placeholder.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 am
SKYO wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:12 am Comets keep showing a lot of confidence in Juolevi, really liking his progression with the team.
Canuck fans aren't known for their patience, but I've doing my best to just let Juolevi develop at his own speed. If he ends up top 2, great - if he's a 2a, I'll live with that too. We just need SOMEone to come up and take out a placeholder.
Just hoping he's got a shot like Salo.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I hope he shoots like Salo
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 pm I hope he shoots like Salo
Pretty sure he has some 'finish' to his game.

Seriously though, it would be great if he could be a 2-4 (1 is reserved for Hughes).
cc oldtimer