The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 3587
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by micky107 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:39 am

Cornuck wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 pm
As much I hate huge sports salaries, the 8x8 contract should be worth it. He's one of smartest, most talented players to wear the Orca.
Sounds in line in this new hockey era. He does look to be the real deal.
There is another year. Should probably take it. Can't see anything wrong with that.
"evolution"

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9420
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Topper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm
It is our D that concerns me, we need a 40ish point guy who can get 15 goals.
LOL
Last season there were twenty three 40+ point defensmen in the NHL. Four of those 23 had 15+ goals (Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Shea Weber). Faulk and Ellis were the only other 15+ goal scoring defenders but they fell short of your 40 point threshold.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11031
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 am
Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm
It is our D that concerns me, we need a 40ish point guy who can get 15 goals.
LOL
Last season there were twenty three 40+ point defensmen in the NHL. Four of those 23 had 15+ goals (Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Shea Weber). Faulk and Ellis were the only other 15+ goal scoring defenders but they fell short of your 40 point threshold.
Just that easy folks - Shell Bussy

Listen, Gillis should not have traded the 10th overall pick for a cokehead in the minors. He should have instead drafted Erik Karlsson! There's your 15 goal, 40 point Norris Trophy!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 am
Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm
It is our D that concerns me, we need a 40ish point guy who can get 15 goals.
LOL
Last season there were twenty three 40+ point defensmen in the NHL. Four of those 23 had 15+ goals (Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Shea Weber). Faulk and Ellis were the only other 15+ goal scoring defenders but they fell short of your 40 point threshold.
Do you have to take things so literal?

Last season 42 D had 36 or more points, yes I may be off on the goals but 29 D had 10 or more goals. If you tak injuries you can add another handful of players to the 10 plus goals.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9420
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Topper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 pm
Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 am
Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm
It is our D that concerns me, we need a 40ish point guy who can get 15 goals.
LOL
Last season there were twenty three 40+ point defensmen in the NHL. Four of those 23 had 15+ goals (Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Shea Weber). Faulk and Ellis were the only other 15+ goal scoring defenders but they fell short of your 40 point threshold.
Do you have to take things so literal?

Last season 42 D had 36 or more points, yes I may be off on the goals but 29 D had 10 or more goals. If you tak injuries you can add another handful of players to the 10 plus goals.
Figure it out before you type. Now you have moved the goalpost (Bubbles style) to +35pts and >10 goals.

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:21 pm

I am not getting into any more pissing matches with you. I see you always take the easy way of commenting on what others say instead of offering your own opinion.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9420
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Topper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:21 pm
I am not getting into any more pissing matches with you. I see you always take the easy way of commenting on what others say instead of offering your own opinion.
A few Comments;
The bigger the net you cast, the more fish you kill.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11031
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Benning has to go out and get a Bourque, Orr, Potvin or Lidstrom! If Elmer can't do something that simple, he needs to go.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 am
Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm
It is our D that concerns me, we need a 40ish point guy who can get 15 goals.
LOL
Last season there were twenty three 40+ point defensmen in the NHL. Four of those 23 had 15+ goals (Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Shea Weber). Faulk and Ellis were the only other 15+ goal scoring defenders but they fell short of your 40 point threshold.
If JB actually is the genius the cultists keep raving about, such a feat should be easily attainable for him. Or can't he pick "generational" defensemen to go along with his "generational" forwards?
RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm
Just that easy folks - Shell Bussy

Listen, Gillis should not have traded the 10th overall pick for a cokehead in the minors. He should have instead drafted Erik Karlsson! There's your 15 goal, 40 point Norris Trophy!
Agreed, but has anyone claimed Gillis to be a genuis?
Last edited by DonCherry4PM on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Tciso » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm
Benning has to go out and get a Bourque, Orr, Potvin or Lidstrom! If Elmer can't do something that simple, he needs to go.
So, you are saying we need a generational player, or at least the best in their position player, and getting them is simple. Peter Chiarelli/Lou Lamoriello simple, eh Dude???

By the way, who in the league fits that description you gave above?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11031
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Tciso wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm
Benning has to go out and get a Bourque, Orr, Potvin or Lidstrom! If Elmer can't do something that simple, he needs to go.
So, you are saying we need a generational player, or at least the best in their position player, and getting them is simple. Peter Chiarelli/Lou Lamoriello simple, eh Dude???

By the way, who in the league fits that description you gave above?
Apparently - "it's just that easy, folks!"
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9420
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Topper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:49 pm

The JuJu man was drafted by a the Genius.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Tciso » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:26 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm
Tciso wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm
Benning has to go out and get a Bourque, Orr, Potvin or Lidstrom! If Elmer can't do something that simple, he needs to go.
So, you are saying we need a generational player, or at least the best in their position player, and getting them is simple. Peter Chiarelli/Lou Lamoriello simple, eh Dude???

By the way, who in the league fits that description you gave above?
Apparently - "it's just that easy, folks!"
Shel, is that you???
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1545
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by ESQ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Throughout most of the Crawford/Vigneault eras, the Canucks consistently had at least one defenceman over 40 points, and 2-3 in the mid-30s. From 01/02 to 13/14, there was only one season without a 40+ point Dman.

Under 3 years of Willie, the best output was Edler's 31 points in 14/15 (I believe he had a red-hot streak to end the season), since then nobody's cracked 25 points - and it doesn't look like any blueliner on this year's squad will either.

After AV's first season in NY, he's had a 40+ point dman and 2-3 in the mid-30s each of the past 3 seasons.

I wouldn't be able to put my finger on it, but I suspect its as much a systems issue as a skills issue, remembering those seasons where Sopel got 42 points and Baumgartner got 34 points under Crow...

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 3587
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by micky107 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm
Tciso wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm
Benning has to go out and get a Bourque, Orr, Potvin or Lidstrom! If Elmer can't do something that simple, he needs to go.
So, you are saying we need a generational player, or at least the best in their position player, and getting them is simple. Peter Chiarelli/Lou Lamoriello simple, eh Dude???

By the way, who in the league fits that description you gave above?
Apparently - "it's just that easy, folks!"
Good sarcasm! You forgot the Coffee,
Seriously though, we don't need to get into any Karlsson sweepstakes.
Seabrook? Unthinkable. ;)
"evolution"

Post Reply