The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:20 am

The core of the 2011 cup run team

Burke - Drafted The Sedins
Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Burke - traded Schaefer for Salo
Burke/Chevaldayoff - signed Burrows
Nonis - traded Bertuzzi Auld Allen for Luongo
Nonis - drafted Schneider (hello Horvat)
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9342
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:30 am

RoyalDude wrote:The core of the 2011 cup run team

Burke - Drafted The Sedins
Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Burke - traded Schaefer for Salo
Burke/Chevaldayoff - signed Burrows
Nonis - traded Bertuzzi Auld Allen for Luongo
Nonis - drafted Schneider (hello Horvat)
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler

Too bad their on ice product sucked so bad...all they needed was The Architect to channel their inner winner lol
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:51 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The core of the 2011 cup run team

Burke - Drafted The Sedins
Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Burke - traded Schaefer for Salo
Burke/Chevaldayoff - signed Burrows
Nonis - traded Bertuzzi Auld Allen for Luongo
Nonis - drafted Schneider (hello Horvat)
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler

Too bad their on ice product sucked so bad...all they needed was The Architect to channel their inner winner lol


Architects are builders/designers. Channelors are Gurus/mentors/therapists. Gillis was a spiritual leader? LOL, that arrogant prick hated everyone except his own kids
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9342
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The core of the 2011 cup run team

Burke - Drafted The Sedins
Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Burke - traded Schaefer for Salo
Burke/Chevaldayoff - signed Burrows
Nonis - traded Bertuzzi Auld Allen for Luongo
Nonis - drafted Schneider (hello Horvat)
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler

Too bad their on ice product sucked so bad...all they needed was The Architect to channel their inner winner lol


Architects are builders/designers. Channelors are Gurus/mentors/therapists. Gillis was a spiritual leader? LOL, that arrogant prick hated everyone except his own kids

Somebody had to "draw" everyone together and impliment "The Process" after capt invisible left the building. We all know that IF the tiniest of variable went in our favour (ie-Luongo made a few saves or Hammer not blowing out his shit locker) we would be lamenting The Genius that was Mike Gillis rather than crucifying him for selling the future to win it all.
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:15 am

*of note...Gillis couldn't draft to save his life which is a huge reason why hes gone and I completely agree he shoud've been gunned when he was.
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Strangelove » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Ahhh but this conversation was never about yours truly attempting to prove Benning's genius!

This conversation was about you trying to prove he's not a genius.


You're the one who made the original assertion, so I would say that means you're the one who is trying to prove something. You act as though Benning's genius is a given until disproven.


But all I said was:

EVERY SINGLE MOVE Jimmy has made since He got here seems brilliant in retrospect.
(or at least logical when put in perspective)


You then raised the spectre of the Vey trade as something that does not seem brilliant in retrospect

... and I then proved the Vey trade was indeed logical when put in perspective. :mex:

You accepted the challenge and failed to prove my "original assertion" (brackets and all) to be wrong.

But hey, at least you tried! :thumbs:

Ronning's Ghost wrote:I would say that at this date I lack the evidence to prove Benning is not a genius. That evidence will arrive -- or not -- in 1-2 hockey seasons. On that much, we agree.


Right, we agreed on that long before this conversation ever began.

Why then did you prematurely attempt to prove he's not a genius? :eh:

(why oh why did you not pay heed to my parenthetical qualifier and just let it all slide?)

(hint: the answer to this question reveals a lot about you my friend) :D

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:You sir... are a cad!


And, it is widely held, a ruffian.
In the Strangelove rankings, is that better or worse than being an asshole?


Let me put it this way, you’re not a complete asshole yet, but I’m optimistic. :wink:

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:If anything, RG is rather high on my "Don't Ever Ban List". (even if he is a cad)


Ooooh, a "get out of being banned free" card. Kind of a waste, since I don't have any inclination to do anything that would normally get someone banned.


This is not a "normal" place. :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14004
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby ESQ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:You sir... are a cad!


And, it is widely held, a ruffian.
In the Strangelove rankings, is that better or worse than being an asshole?


Let me put it this way, you’re not a complete asshole yet, but I’m optimistic. :wink:


But aren't we all agreed we need more assholes? Or were we not agreed on that?
ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby micky107 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:36 pm

ESQ wrote:But aren't we all agreed we need more assholes? Or were we not agreed on that?

:) I'll be one!
Oh, sorry, I forgot. I already am. :cry:
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Strangelove » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 pm

ESQ wrote:But aren't we all agreed we need more assholes? Or were we not agreed on that?


"The more assholes the merrier" they say

... and yes I think we're all in agreement on that. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14004
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby ESQ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:13 pm

micky107 wrote:
ESQ wrote:But aren't we all agreed we need more assholes? Or were we not agreed on that?

:) I'll be one!
Oh, sorry, I forgot. I already am. :cry:

And we appreciate it Mick, you wrinkly old asshole!
Image
ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby micky107 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:29 pm

ESQ wrote:
micky107 wrote:
ESQ wrote:But aren't we all agreed we need more assholes? Or were we not agreed on that?

:) I'll be one!
Oh, sorry, I forgot. I already am. :cry:

And we appreciate it Mick, you wrinkly old asshole!
Image


Actually, more like this...

Image
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Ronning's Ghost » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Strangelove wrote:You accepted the challenge and failed to prove my "original assertion" (brackets and all) to be wrong.


I think I proved the inclusion of the parenthetical statement, plus your definition of "logical when put in perspective", renders your original assertion devoid of information content. I leave it to you to decide whether that's better or worse than being wrong.

But you have convinced me of another point:

Strangelove wrote:(why oh why did you not pay heed to my parenthetical qualifier and just let it all slide?)


That would have been the wiser course of action; I can't afford to keep putting the time into these. But we did seem to entertain at least a few posters.

Reefer2 wrote:Doc doesn't argue, he just wears you down.


Reefer doesn't quite do you justice, but let's say a heavy forecheck plays a big part in your series strategy.

Strangelove wrote:(hint: the answer to this question reveals a lot about you my friend) :D


Again, correct. For those who are curious, it reveals that I have a procrastination problem. No more posts until I am caught up.
Ronning's Ghost
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Strangelove » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks for playing Cliffy. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14004
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby rockalt » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:07 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
rockalt wrote: the Canucks greatest run of success came after 2008.

Lol!
Image
Dontcha know its all because the cheeseburgler was so awesome and had nothing to do with MG? Ha!


:lol:

Must have missed that in the endless Gillis vs. Benning pissing match!
User avatar
rockalt
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: London

Re: The Rebuild...

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:47 pm

SKYO wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:*LOL* You can't handle the Duff pal. Hate to break it to ya Homer J, but your idol JB definitely looks like a Kool-Aid kind of guy, you take whatever he gives you.

Also, you are the King of the Kool-Aid Krew around these parts, you can't change now. :lol:


Are you also the type that hopes for doom and gloom? or do you got some hope in that horrendous beard you used to have in that old avi you used to have.


*Haha* It's the playoffs brah, playoff beards are the in thing. Topper's avi is a nice one as well. :P

Seriously though, I'm obviously not in the Kool-Aid Krew, but I wouldn't classify myself to be in the urine crew as well. Although, I have my gripes with some of the moves from our current mgmt at times. Things are not as great as some make it out to be, but things are not really that bad as well. I think there's always a bit of a middle ground. JB is not a genius, but he's not Elmer Fudd either. He made some good moves, but I'm sure he'd admit that he made some mistakes as well. Drafting is his strength, but there are some question marks to his trade record and contract negotiations. Overall, I wouldn't say he's a great GM, but I would rate him above average.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests