The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah .......RG didn't lose anything here. Lumpy got his ass handed to him again.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Why do you insist on making a complete ass out of yourself these days Blobby?

What do you hope to accomplish?

The last desperate swipes of a doomed man?

A man who made his Benning-hate bed and must now sleep in it?

Hey man, no one told you to dig in hard against our GM, in fact I tried to convince you otherwise.

But nope, you just had to paint yourself into a corner didn't you. :(

You chose the low road and now you're so angry at those of us who chose the high road, sad...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'll gladly slam crow if Benning turns the team around. He's nowhere close and even if he somehow miraculously steers the ship in the right direction ,his mismanagement of assets, cap space and draft blunders should not be ignored.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gold Jerry! Gold!^^^
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I know right. It was succinct and to the point
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:Further, you still have not attempted to rebut my "logical perspective" on the Vey trade
Is this your "logical perspective on the Vey trade ?
Strangelove wrote:But we got 116 NHL games out of Vey (more than the average 50th overall gets you).
If it is, I refute it thusly:

It ignores the fact that most hockey observers, including -- perhaps especially -- most posters here, consider those games undeserved, and the product of a strange, and ultimately unjustified, hunch on the part of a failed NHL head coach.

Secondly, and perhaps more tellingly, it reckons without what most consider Benning's best pretense to genius, an ability to draft better than an average GM, and get a better player than most with a 50th overall pick.
Strangelove wrote:... which means you clearly have thrown in the towel, lost the "debate"...
I have no ambition, or hope, of persuading you, for you are a true fan, in the sense of 'fanatic'. If you want to run a poll on this board with a question of whether or not trading a second for Vey seems like a mistake in retrospect, and use this argument thread as an antecedent, I will accept the outcome.
Strangelove wrote:Dafock dude, those are two posts you made in the last year or so :eh:

... but we were clearly talking about "at the time" 3 years ago!

W D F is wrong with you boy! :crazy:
I wasn't a very active poster 3 years ago. I didn't have strong opinions about the merits of individual trades. Really, I still don't. I accept that it's a bit of a statistical process, and some trades, even by the best GMs, won't work out. That is to say, some of them will be mistakes.

What I opposed, and still oppose, is the "re-tool while remaining competitive" philosophy. Benning seems to have resiled from that position somewhat recently, but those of us who consider it folly have to hope that you are correct that when Benning expresses reluctance to exchange valuable pieces (Tanev, Edler) for assets with greater potential future value, he is just trying to drive up the market. Honestly, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy, but I guess a real genius wouldn't.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who gives a good fuck if they got 116 games out of Vey? That's about 90 more than he would hVe gotten if Desjardins wasn't the coach and he was a useless soft piece of shit for the majority of his time here. Second round picks are currency for actual useful assets/players. Spending assets on Vey is like spending money on flooring and paint when the house leaks like a sieve.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Is this your "logical perspective on the Vey trade ?
Funny how you only seem capable of partially quoting people... HERE:
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]Tue May 30, 2017 4:33 pm[/color] wrote: Vey was worth 50th overall at the time, someone linked to the Vey trade thread the other day

... and I noted NO ONE here was opposed to the trade at the time.

In fact, folks were excited about inserting a youngster with such a high ceiling into the lineup!

Vey was a great gamble given his stellar AHL numbers.

Too bad daddy eventually screwed up his head...

But we got 116 NHL games out of Vey (more than the average 50th overall gets you).
Well at least you managed to find the last sentence in that quote FROM 2 DAYS AGO...

Anything else I can help you with? :roll:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:... which means you clearly have thrown in the towel, lost the "debate"...
I have no ambition, or hope, of persuading you, for you are a true fan, in the sense of 'fanatic'. If you want to run a poll on this board with a question of whether or not trading a second for Vey seems like a mistake in retrospect
How about we ask whether or not trading a second for Vey was logical when put in perspective. :hmmm:

This guy never fucking learns or is he purposely obtuse...
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Dafock dude, those are two posts you made in the last year or so :eh:

... but we were clearly talking about "at the time" 3 years ago!

W D F is wrong with you boy! :crazy:
I wasn't a very active poster 3 years ago.
Right, so there was no point whatsoever in you quoting yourself (twice) from last year. :wow:

Another point missed and no sense of humour to boot...
Ronning's Ghost wrote: What I opposed, and still oppose, is the "re-tool while remaining competitive" philosophy.
IMO that philosophy ended two years ago

(right around the time yours truly started saying "focus on 3-4 years from now") :D

Ass an asside, asses don't come any tighter, what say we change your handle to Ronningster's Ghoster?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'm thinking Ronnings Gangsta

He's skullfucked Lumpy in this thread
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm thinking Ronnings Gangsta

He's skullfucked Lumpy in this thread
Your lame-ass attempts at getting under my skin only serve to drag down the quality of discussion.

But then I suppose you genius-haters much prefer the sewer amirite? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doc doesn't argue, he just wears you down.

RD just says the same thing over and over and over again, then 6 months later flips and says the exact opposite.

Blob has taken it upon himself to take both on for the better of the board.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reef ole buddy, did I ever apologize for gutting you like a fish in Creeper's Bar & Grill? :drink:

Anyhoo, good to know that... 3 weeks after your meltdown... you've forgiven the 3 of us for going off topic!
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote: You ignored his strengths:
Strengths

Playmaking skills are excellent
Defensively responsible
Hard, accurate shot
Above average speed

It sounds a lot like he needs refinement. He's not going to step into the NHL right away, give him another year at least.
He sounds like bones mcgee Brandon Sutter with some passing ability, appreciate the effort but no thanks, Canucks if they are not getting superstars, they need to compensate for their players to target guys to have some size and skill like how the Ducks beat the Oilers who have some goons now.

Vilardi or Mittelstadt or the Canucks should just fold the franchise JK!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: you genius-haters
Lol! Scoffers gotta scoff...
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Is this your "logical perspective" on the Vey trade ?
Funny how you only seem capable of partially quoting people...
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]Tue May 30, 2017 4:33 pm[/color] wrote: Vey was worth 50th overall at the time, someone linked to the Vey trade thread the other day

... and I noted NO ONE here was opposed to the trade at the time.

In fact, folks were excited about inserting a youngster with such a high ceiling into the lineup!

Vey was a great gamble given his stellar AHL numbers.

Too bad daddy eventually screwed up his head...

But we got 116 NHL games out of Vey (more than the average 50th overall gets you).
Anything else I can help you with? :roll:
Since you ask...
How does the fact no one here voiced opposition to the trade, or the fact that Vey's dad messed with his head, help justify the logic of the trade ? It sounds like you're accusing me of cherry picking, but I was just quoting the part I thought was relevant. I concede that someone -- though not a genius at evaluating NHL talent -- could have been intrigued by his NHL numbers.
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
I have no ambition, or hope, of persuading you, for you are a true fan, in the sense of 'fanatic'. If you want to run a poll on this board with a question of whether or not trading a second for Vey seems like a mistake in retrospect
How about we ask whether or not trading a second for Vey was logical when put in perspective. :hmmm:
Sure, run that poll instead. Just as soon as we're clear on the logic and perspective you are citing. Is it:
a) Linden Vey had great AHL numbers
and
b) He actually did play 116 NHL games
or is there something more ?
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: What I opposed, and still oppose, is the "re-tool while remaining competitive" philosophy.
IMO that philosophy ended two years ago
I hope you're right. I'd like to see more evidence to support that belief in future moves by the ownership/management group.
Strangelove wrote:Ass an asside, asses don't come any tighter, what say we change your handle to Ronningster's Ghoster?
I guess that's another joke that I missed.