The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:34 am
Biega's contract probably guarantees he gets claimed.
I disagree. What team grabs a #8 defenceman that they will 100% guarantee to pay close to a million a year to play in the AHL? its a 1 way contract. every team has a guy (or 2) in this position that nobody else will claim. I think Biega's contract ensures he clears waivers.

Only reason Biega would ever get picked up is because some other team thinks that at 875k (or whatever he makes) is a good deal.. its not a 'good deal'. its what a #8 defenceman gets paid in the NHL. this makes it an average deal that every other team already has, or can sign anywhere.

I guess if another team feels Biega is a #5 or 6 Dman, then he would get picked up..
Exactly. Additionally, come training camp EVERYONE is putting their marginal depth players on waivers in order to demote them.

If Biega is claimed, you're almost certain to find a capable replacement elsewhere on the waiver wire.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 am
Information has been sketchy at best in regards to the progress of Juolevi. A young man who, with the temporary departure of Hughes, will
have all eyes on him in camp. All of a sudden, it's a big deal!
He absolutely must know that now.
If we see anything less than an all out, give it shit, effort to make the club, it will be a disappointment, no?
He hasn't really shown the potential of his draft year since he was chosen at 5 or whatever. I think this has been suprising considering how well he was projected leading up to being picked that high.

I'm thinking he might be dealing with the dreaded confidence problem...find a way to cure it and you have yourself a steady eddy 2nd pair guy who can move the puck
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:25 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:07 pm Who here thinks it’s a good thing we actually have enough decent young players that it’s possible we may lose some for nothing on waivers? I’m loving it.
I don’t see any decent young players being lost on waivers
I would take a Frankie Corrado as the high-point of players lost on waivers. Not good enough for the Canucks, not good enough for the Leaves, but juuuust enough potential that the Leaves didn't want to expose him again.

Hutton and Stecher's contracts probably keep them from being claimed. Biega's contract probably guarantees he gets claimed.

Leipsic and Goldy are young enough and have shown enough potential that they likely get claimed. Jake would definitely be claimed. Boeser obviously. When Tryamkin returns, he obviously would be claimed.
Obviously they aren’t exposing Boeser or Virtanen. Tryamkin if he ever comes back would not be waived.

Guys like Leipsic and Goldobin are available every year in waivers and I can’t see both of them hitting the waiver wire.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:09 pm
ESQ wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:25 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:07 pm Who here thinks it’s a good thing we actually have enough decent young players that it’s possible we may lose some for nothing on waivers? I’m loving it.
I don’t see any decent young players being lost on waivers
I would take a Frankie Corrado as the high-point of players lost on waivers. Not good enough for the Canucks, not good enough for the Leaves, but juuuust enough potential that the Leaves didn't want to expose him again.

Hutton and Stecher's contracts probably keep them from being claimed. Biega's contract probably guarantees he gets claimed.

Leipsic and Goldy are young enough and have shown enough potential that they likely get claimed. Jake would definitely be claimed. Boeser obviously. When Tryamkin returns, he obviously would be claimed.
Obviously they aren’t exposing Boeser or Virtanen. Tryamkin if he ever comes back would not be waived.

Guys like Leipsic and Goldobin are available every year in waivers and I can’t see both of them hitting the waiver wire.
My point was the fact we actually have enough depth on the team that waivers are an actual thing.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:12 pm My point was the fact we actually have enough depth on the team that worrying about waivers are an actual thing.
FYP
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What has this got to do with the rebuild
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What are they saying that hasn’t been said/written already by every hockey pundit and wanna be pundit.

Is there a point to you dropping links without explanation?
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:20 pm
What are they saying that hasn’t been said/written already by every hockey pundit and wanna be pundit.

I think he was referring to the prospect depth that was mentioned and how the projected doesn’t always equal the actual... BICBW
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Two of them.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

2 points or 2 links?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:12 pm 2 points or 2 links?
2 Towers?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 pm
2 Towers?
2 fingers?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 am
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 pm
2 Towers?
2 fingers?
:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.