The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Only the broom pushers on the factory floor, unwilling to look around, lack the vision to see the plan in place and unfolding before their eyes.
Well said.
Topper in 2015 wrote:Canucks will be great to watch and it is coming in about two years time.
Yep... all going according to plan.
Thank you for pointing out just how fucking brilliant I am.

Some here had been doubters.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Benning's "plan" is an easy sell for the guzzlers because it's basically a black hole they can toss whatever they want into. It's like the Play-Doh Topper ate too much of as a child. "The Plan" is all things to all people.

At times, "The Plan" has been to compete on a nightly basis, retool, be bigger, faster, grittier, younger, deeper, more skilled, play up-tempo, roll four lines, bring kids along in a winning environment, transition with veteran mentorship being good in scrums etc. etc...

It's probably why the Canucks don't do anything particularly well, have no identity and no entertainment value.

The "Plan" allows the guzzlers to call out those that want a rebuild for "not being able to handle a rebuild", while claiming management, who can't handle saying "rebuild", is actually following a clearly articulated rebuilding plan. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Benning's "plan" is an easy sell for the guzzlers because it's basically a black hole they can toss whatever they want into. It's like the Play-Doh Topper ate too much of as a child. "The Plan" is all things to all people.

At times, "The Plan" has been to compete on a nightly basis, retool, be bigger, faster, grittier, younger, deeper, more skilled, play up-tempo, roll four lines, bring kids along in a winning environment, transition with veteran mentorship being good in scrums etc. etc...

It's probably why the Canucks don't do anything particularly well, have no identity and no entertainment value.

The "Plan" allows the guzzlers to call out those that want a rebuild for "not being able to handle a rebuild", while claiming management, who can't handle saying "rebuild", is actually following a clearly articulated rebuilding plan. :lol:
Post of the year. Doc pulls dudes dick out of toppers ass and removes Shopping carts legs from around his own head. The semen gulping among this group is done . Called out and exposed . I just did the Brashear hand wipe
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's actually funny reading some people screaming for a rebuild but can't recognize that's exactly what Benning has been doing. But I guess if he called it a rebuild instead of a transition it would change everything he has done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote:
B. Develop own prospects at NHL level, but don't really compete. Don't resign Miller. Let Markstrom be the starter to see what they have. Sign a cheap back-up to a one year deal who will be replaced by Demko the following year. Don't sign any FA forwards and keep rolling kids in the line-up, Boeser, Boucher, Goldilocks, Jake, Chaput, Gaunce, perhaps their top draft pick.

Can you imagine the grief Benning would have to live through if he choose B with the " fans" in Vancouver. Even if B is what most critics say they want, in reality you wouldn't hear the end of their bitching about another poor record.

If I were GM, I'd definitely go A (retool) vrs B (rebuild). That way rookies can cook and the team has a chance of competing. Rookies can make the team when they are well done.
This is the biggest pile of steaming , greasy bullshit that gets perpetuated by scumbags like Ian MacIntyre and parroted by knob gobbling fans. Fans can't handle a rebuild yada yada yada..... the fans want to see a plan and see some growth not the current fiasco of throwing chunks of shit against the wall and hoping something sticks
Blobby wants to see what's going on in Colorado with the Avalanche, happening here. The lanche started their own version of a decade long "rebuild" two years before we went to the Stanley Cup finals in 2011, and here they are again - the worst team in the league with McKinnon 1st overall pick, Duschene (Drafted in 2009) 2nd overall pick, Landeskog - 3rd overall pick.
If this is what you got from my post please enroll in ESL and bill me. I guess when you have been exposed you resort to this nonsense.
Game , Set , Match

Blobcat

Again

It's getting old

Yawn....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's actually funny reading some people screaming for a rebuild but can't recognize that's exactly what Benning has been doing. But I guess if he called it a rebuild instead of a transition it would change everything he has done.
So who are these people ?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's actually funny reading some people screaming for a rebuild but can't recognize that's exactly what Benning has been doing. But I guess if he called it a rebuild instead of a transition it would change everything he has done.
I... don't really get this either. What's left to rebuild? The Sedin's, Edler, and Tanev? Benning's playing with a brand new deck, and he picked all the cards.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Again who are these people ?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote:
B. Develop own prospects at NHL level, but don't really compete. Don't resign Miller. Let Markstrom be the starter to see what they have. Sign a cheap back-up to a one year deal who will be replaced by Demko the following year. Don't sign any FA forwards and keep rolling kids in the line-up, Boeser, Boucher, Goldilocks, Jake, Chaput, Gaunce, perhaps their top draft pick.

Can you imagine the grief Benning would have to live through if he choose B with the " fans" in Vancouver. Even if B is what most critics say they want, in reality you wouldn't hear the end of their bitching about another poor record.

If I were GM, I'd definitely go A (retool) vrs B (rebuild). That way rookies can cook and the team has a chance of competing. Rookies can make the team when they are well done.
This is the biggest pile of steaming , greasy bullshit that gets perpetuated by scumbags like Ian MacIntyre and parroted by knob gobbling fans. Fans can't handle a rebuild yada yada yada..... the fans want to see a plan and see some growth not the current fiasco of throwing chunks of shit against the wall and hoping something sticks
Blobby wants to see what's going on in Colorado with the Avalanche, happening here. The lanche started their own version of a decade long "rebuild" two years before we went to the Stanley Cup finals in 2011, and here they are again - the worst team in the league with McKinnon 1st overall pick, Duschene (Drafted in 2009) 2nd overall pick, Landeskog - 3rd overall pick.
So we are deleting posts now?

RD is like a parrot, says the same thing over and over again.

Sqwack
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

A pretty good takedown of "The Plan".

To your point..
Picking some good young prospects in the draft is not rebuilding or working towards the long term; it’s just what every team does. Gradually incorporating young players into the lineup likewise isn’t any different than what non-rebuilding teams do.
Like some have said, this years trade deadline was a good move towards a true rebuild, veterans for prospects. Keep it simple. If that is the direction going forward, good. Anyone claiming that's been the way they've been operating for three years is full of shit.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote:

So we are deleting posts now?

RD is like a parrot, says the same thing over and over again.

Sqwack
^^^lost the plot^^^ :mex:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Again who are these people ?
How's that "eight by twelve two bit room"?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
A pretty good takedown of "The Plan".

To your point..
Picking some good young prospects in the draft is not rebuilding or working towards the long term; it’s just what every team does. Gradually incorporating young players into the lineup likewise isn’t any different than what non-rebuilding teams do.
Like some have said, this years trade deadline was a good move towards a true rebuild, veterans for prospects. Keep it simple. If that is the direction going forward, good. Anyone claiming that's been the way they've been operating for three years is full of shit.
So your issues are a schedule conflicting with your schedule? Your schedule is the right schedule?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

So your issues are a schedule conflicting with your schedule? Your schedule is the right schedule?
Gotta love know it all writers with agenda's who don't care about showing their agenda's....

Take care...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

BurningBeard wrote:
I... don't really get this either. What's left to rebuild? The Sedin's, Edler, and Tanev? Benning's playing with a brand new deck, and he picked all the cards.
Exactly! To the clowns at TSN 1040 it won't be a rebuild until we railroad the Sedins out of town.