The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rikster
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by rikster »

Gallagher was also saying the other day that he knew for a fact that at least two teams were willing to take both twins and their full cap hits but Benning didn't want to ask them to waive nor did he like the return which was a handful of non first round picks
We've got to stop paying attention to those in the media who are shut out from the inside of the organization...

So what he's saying is that on the second worst team in the league 2 players who we are arguing shouldn't be a part of the Vancouver rebuild are in demand by better teams at their full cap hits?

What two teams would they be?

I'd suggest that next season the team tinker with splitting the twins up...

The game has gotten so fast that having 2 slower players on the same line isn't working but they are still 2 of the very best players the team has so why not break them up?

Take care...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Only the broom pushers on the factory floor, unwilling to look around, lack the vision to see the plan in place and unfolding before their eyes.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Only the broom pushers on the factory floor, unwilling to look around, lack the vision to see the plan in place and unfolding before their eyes.
Only the guzzlers who have become blinded due to a sticky substance in their eyes think long term boat anchor contracts for Sutter and Eriksson are good moves.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

IMHO Benning has yet to put his stamp on this team.

There is a decent chance he will select a top 6 centre in the upcoming draft. And while Jim has done an admirable job of rebuilding the blueline, a true franchise d-man could really put this rebuild into gear.

No.1D don't grow on trees. Good GM's either draft/develop them, or put themselves in a position to acquire one in the rare event one becomes available <coughs-Trouba>

If Benning intends to take this club to the next level, acquiring a stud d-man should be objective no.1 this summer.
herb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by herb »

This Canucks fan base is such a group of complainers. Can’t see the forest from the trees, led by the losers at TSN 1040. The only guys worth listening to on that station are Ferraro, Price and Patterson.

Bob McKenzie the other day was saying that making the playoffs three years ago was the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise. Thing is, with our low first round draft pick that year we landed Boeser, who is looking like one of the best second-tier picks of that draft outside of guys like McJesus, Eichel and Marner. The mongoloids lapped that up. Yeah, yeah, blame ownership (eyeroll).

Look, we got screwed in the draft lottery last year, dropping down to 5th. If we won and ended up with Matthews or Laine we’re all laughing right now and the rebuild is going fucking great. If we win the lottery this year, or at least pick in the top 2, it sounds like we’ll end up with a great prospect. Fingers crossed.

Guys like Sutter and Eriksson were necessary because we literally did not have enough pro bodies to ice a team otherwise.

Willie was a sacrificial lamb. I don’t think anybody views him as an irreplaceable coach. No big loss there, and there’s a good chance we can significantly upgrade.

We will need a second goalie next year. Whether that’s Miller or somebody else, we’ll find out. Demko should be playing every game down in Utica until he forces his way onto the team. Giving the reins to Markstrom could be a disaster. He didn’t prove he was a #1 or even a #1B this year.

The Sedins aren’t going anywhere until they retire. Accept it.

I agree with HW that we may move a d-man, especially if Juolevi makes the team.

Benning’s level of eloquence makes Daryl Sutter look like a poet laureate, but he is doing many of the right things. Things are progressing in the right direction. I have no idea if Dahlen or Virtanen or Goldobin will work out, but these guys will be given opportunities and we’ll see how it goes.

The upcoming draft lottery will answer if the “transition” speeds up a bit or continues to plod along.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote:With all the empty seats and lack of people interested at the bar the fans already don't care.

If the team wants fans back give them a reason and right now it was not WD, it is not Edler or the Sedins.
Trevor just has to listen to the fans in his own building.
Whenever the best or most promising of our young players do something exciting; Score, rough it up. make a great rush, or even show some great passing together, the place gets loud. Really loud sometimes.
So, yeah, I think the fans are more than ready for the next chapter.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:This Canucks fan base is such a group of complainers. Can’t see the forest from the trees

Bob McKenzie the other day was saying that making the playoffs three years ago was the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise. Thing is, with our low first round draft pick that year we landed Boeser, who is looking like one of the best second-tier picks of that draft outside of guys like McJesus, Eichel and Marner.

Guys like Sutter and Eriksson were necessary because we literally did not have enough pro bodies to ice a team otherwise.

Willie was a sacrificial lamb. I don’t think anybody views him as an irreplaceable coach. No big loss there

We will need a second goalie next year. Whether that’s Miller or somebody else, we’ll find out.
Demko should be playing every game down in Utica until he forces his way onto the team.
Giving the reins to Markstrom could be a disaster. He didn’t prove he was a #1 or even a #1B this year.

The Sedins aren’t going anywhere until they retire. Accept it.

I agree with HW that we may move a d-man, especially if Juolevi makes the team.

The upcoming draft lottery will answer if the “transition” speeds up a bit or continues to plod along.
Boeser answer was boom! nice one herb.

Sutter/Eriksson I guess it will be nice to some vets in the depth area of the team, they could prove to be valuable if the team reaches the playoffs. I mean Suts did score 5 times in 13 games in 2014 playoffs with the Pens, could score some clutch goals, he has to be a winger though if this team wants to get better as he can't pass worth shit!
+Team really needs another playmaker center badly.
& that playmaker to center Eriksson and one of the young wingers.

If the team and Miller get a new contract going, imo they should deal off Markstrom, they'll be takers once MAF, Bishop and Darling are taken.

MillerTime has proven he can steal games and he kept the team in a lot of games this team shouldn't be in, he is really level-headed and can handle this bullish market, remember Luongo? he looked sad every time he lost, while Miller is like: I fucked up, onto to the next game - and he plays lights out like nothing. aha

Thanks to the plethora of wingers, team should package up dman + young winger + marky for a power winger should be the trade task.

Send JB to the draft lotto, Linden had the bad luck.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

plethora of wingers???

I am sold on two wingers right now, and I want both starting in Utica - Boeser and Dahlin.
At times Daniel Sedin looked near done.
Eriksson should be better, but had a real bad season. Hopefully he bounces back.
Bear and Granlund could be long term answers or maybe just place holders. I'm still not sure either will be here long term.
Goldilock has no defensive game and will either bust or lead the team to many high draft picks.
Jake could also end up busting.
If no goals Gaunce doubles his output he still has no goals.

Sign some FAs to add some more winger depth. Maybe some pan out. But don't trade any away. It's the weakest part of the game.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote:plethora of wingers???

I am sold on two wingers right now
Well glad you pointed that out, a true rebuild you should be playing the youth to learn the ropes, how else they gonna learn, and what better way than play on a rebuilding squad.

Bart - Bo - Virtanen (JV had chemistry with them, and this line could use some size/grit, as they were getting pushed around a lot the latter part of the season).

Sedins - goldy/grans but prefer a power winger here, Sedins getting pushed around a lot.

Boeser (played well left flank of net) - (New playmaker center) - Eriksson

there's the new top 9.

Fourth line, powered by Sutter the one man 4th line bull, plus Boucher(who should be in the top 9, but can't fit really) and a few of these guys Dorsett/Gaunce/Chaput/Megna/Molino/Cramarossa/Cassels for depth.

I'd just say fuck it and have Virtanen on this team next year, team is badly getting picked a part by bigger teams and we need his skillset, gotta quit buying plugs and just develop these youngins now.

Boeser earned his way on the team already.

Add those young guys to Bart/Grans/Goldy/Eriksson/Dannyboy and we are running out of space on the wing, where like I said we could use another top 6 power winger, HENCE! I said package up a dman + one of the plethora of wingers we are starting to accumulate + Marky (if we re-sign millertime) for a power winger.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Only the broom pushers on the factory floor, unwilling to look around, lack the vision to see the plan in place and unfolding before their eyes.
Well said.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
Well said.
Topper in 2015 wrote:Canucks will be great to watch and it is coming in about two years time.
Yep... all going according to plan.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... you don't think your Canucks will be great to watch next season? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:... you don't think your Canucks will be great to watch next season? :eh:
Next season, we will be seeing the future starting to unfold right before our eyes, the next gen, the new era, the new core, the passing of the torch will be what the 2017-18 season is all about, if that doesn't float anyone's boat, Doc...I don't know what will.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote:
B. Develop own prospects at NHL level, but don't really compete. Don't resign Miller. Let Markstrom be the starter to see what they have. Sign a cheap back-up to a one year deal who will be replaced by Demko the following year. Don't sign any FA forwards and keep rolling kids in the line-up, Boeser, Boucher, Goldilocks, Jake, Chaput, Gaunce, perhaps their top draft pick.

Can you imagine the grief Benning would have to live through if he choose B with the " fans" in Vancouver. Even if B is what most critics say they want, in reality you wouldn't hear the end of their bitching about another poor record.

If I were GM, I'd definitely go A (retool) vrs B (rebuild). That way rookies can cook and the team has a chance of competing. Rookies can make the team when they are well done.
This is the biggest pile of steaming , greasy bullshit that gets perpetuated by scumbags like Ian MacIntyre and parroted by knob gobbling fans. Fans can't handle a rebuild yada yada yada..... the fans want to see a plan and see some growth not the current fiasco of throwing chunks of shit against the wall and hoping something sticks
Blobby wants to see what's going on in Colorado with the Avalanche, happening here. The lanche started their own version of a decade long "rebuild" two years before we went to the Stanley Cup finals in 2011, and here they are again - the worst team in the league with McKinnon 1st overall pick, Duschene (Drafted in 2009) 2nd overall pick, Landeskog - 3rd overall pick.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:... you don't think your Canucks will be great to watch next season? :eh:
Next season, we will be seeing the future starting to unfold right before our eyes, the next gen, the new era, the new core, the passing of the torch will be what the 2017-18 season is all about, if that doesn't float anyone's boat, Doc...I don't know what will.
Yep... it's all going according to plan. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.