The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Deflect!! Deflect!! Deflect!! :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:19 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:56 pm
Deflect!! Deflect!! Deflect!! :lol:
Deflect a non-deflect!! Deflect a non-deflect!! Deflect a non-deflect!! :lol:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
rockalt
MVP
MVP
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: London

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by rockalt » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: It also speaks to a great deal of patience (or in Benning's case, confidence in his job security), since it's hard to see how this kid could be ready for the NHL in less than two years. Might seem like a great pick in 2020, but doesn't really work with Doc's timeline.
Pettersson and Dahlen will join your Vacouver Canucks 1-2 years from now. :mex:
You mean that Pettersson will be on the Canucks roster for the 2018-2019 season ?

Without an aggressive supplementation program, that's asking him to put on an awful lot of muscle in just 15 months. Even with an aggressive supplementation program, he'd have to spend as much time in the gym as on the ice, and trying to bulk up that fast has messed with some players' games before.
Not to pick on you as I doubt even the most optimistic of us could have imagined Pettersson’s rapid ascent but this really sticks out! I’m always loathe to make judgements on drafts but Pettersson is making an extremely strong case that he will be the best player from the 2017 draft. Obviously still early days and there could be other gems in there but he is setting the bar pretty damn high.

Strangelove is looking pretty good with his 1-2 year prediction. Still waiting on the 3-4 years til playoffs prediction to come true but we’ll eventually get there! :lol: At least there’s hope again!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 am

Cholla is in years 0-1 as we speak. He has predicted playoffs for this season.

Finally there is hope though rockalt. They have a fantastic 1-2 punch up the middle and some interesting players and prospects on the wings.

The ass end is a mess but they need to keep drafting lots of d men after the first round.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:30 am

rockalt wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: It also speaks to a great deal of patience (or in Benning's case, confidence in his job security), since it's hard to see how this kid could be ready for the NHL in less than two years. Might seem like a great pick in 2020, but doesn't really work with Doc's timeline.
Pettersson and Dahlen will join your Vacouver Canucks 1-2 years from now. :mex:
You mean that Pettersson will be on the Canucks roster for the 2018-2019 season ?

Without an aggressive supplementation program, that's asking him to put on an awful lot of muscle in just 15 months. Even with an aggressive supplementation program, he'd have to spend as much time in the gym as on the ice, and trying to bulk up that fast has messed with some players' games before.
Not to pick on you as I doubt even the most optimistic of us could have imagined Pettersson’s rapid ascent but this really sticks out! I’m always loathe to make judgements on drafts but Pettersson is making an extremely strong case that he will be the best player from the 2017 draft. Obviously still early days and there could be other gems in there but he is setting the bar pretty damn high.

Strangelove is looking pretty good with his 1-2 year prediction. Still waiting on the 3-4 years til playoffs prediction to come true but we’ll eventually get there! :lol: At least there’s hope again!
Doc’s 1-2 years is right on target, Rockalt. Genius. Boi I’d bet RG would love that one back, but hey I wanted Cody Glass at the draft! Benning has made fools out of all of us at one time or another, but Blob mostly!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am

Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

I wanted MT in 2016 though. You wanted Razor Thin Olaf
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:43 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am
Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

I wanted MT in 2016 though. You wanted Razor Thin Olaf
Razor thin Olli - 6’-3” 198 lbs

Blobs favourite bust Nolan Patrick - 6’-2” 198 lbs. blob considers Patrick to be a power forward centre, he’s the same weight as razor thin Olli. Goal posts are never stationary in Bubbles world
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:43 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am
Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

I wanted MT in 2016 though. You wanted Razor Thin Olaf
Razor thin Olli - 6’-3” 198 lbs

Blobs favourite bust Nolan Patrick - 6’-2” 198 lbs. blob considers Patrick to be a power forward centre, he’s the same weight as razor thin Olli. Goal posts are never stationary in Bubbles world
Olaf is 6ft 4 and 170.

When did Patrick become my favourite player? I’ve hardly mentioned him. He has one thing going for him over Razor Thin Olaf though. He can at least play in the league.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:55 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:43 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am
Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

I wanted MT in 2016 though. You wanted Razor Thin Olaf
Razor thin Olli - 6’-3” 198 lbs

Blobs favourite bust Nolan Patrick - 6’-2” 198 lbs. blob considers Patrick to be a power forward centre, he’s the same weight as razor thin Olli. Goal posts are never stationary in Bubbles world
Olaf is 6ft 4 and 170.

Gold Jerry!

This is what happens when you’re 5’-11” 245 lbs. anything less than that your razor thin

Blob we all know this traces back to your love for the turtle (M. Tkachuk...see Kassian vs Tkachuk) but seriously man - “it’s not your fault” give Robin Williams a virtual hug
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9356
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by rats19 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm

He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Wikipedia - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Hockeydb - 6’-3” 198 lbs
UticaComets - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Eliteprospects - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Dobberprospects - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Blobspickledbrain - 6’-9” - 132 lbs
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:12 pm

rats19 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm
He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Is he that heavy now rats? Musta had his gear on. He is very fine boned kinda like Sutter
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:12 pm
rats19 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm
He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Is he that heavy now rats? Musta had his gear on. He is very fine boned kinda like Sutter
Blobs favourite slow pitch player - Cecil Fielder, he loved his svelte figure. His kind of body
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11032
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Topper » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:12 pm
rats19 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm
He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Is he that heavy now rats? Musta had his gear on. He is very fine boned kinda like Sutter
Hanging with the Pinkton equipment has made Baubles an expert on bone structure.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15507
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Blob how often did you stop by the Pickton farm to buy your ham hocks and pork bellies after picking up your 8-ball from Piggy’s Palace?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply