The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Cornuck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Meds wrote: That window closed in 2011.

...during the playoffs.
2016 - The Road to 65™
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Ronning's Ghost » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:28 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Meds wrote: That window closed in 2011.

...during the playoffs.

Precisely.
Ronning's Ghost
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Puck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Reef, you may not be able to define cliche, but you can certainly give a nice example of it. ;) The whole thing about this is he didn't need to stand up for himself. He knew he could handle a few shots from the wee moron. He was trying to do what he had to to win. YOU needed him to stand up for himself. YOU were embarrassed. Did someone harass you for being a Canucks fan at the water-cooler the next day? If some generally-accepted tough guy took a bunch of shots, you'd all be leaping around saying how incredibly tough that is. Instead, for Danny, it's just more self-propagating opinion. Most media editorial material is built on the premise of somewhat arbitrarily taking a position then using all means necessary to support said position, whether it's correct or not and whether it's current or not. You could argue that the Sedins were labelled soft in their first six months in the league and no one has bothered to revise that initial gut-reaction label in the subsequent decade.

Incidentally, I would have 'gone apeshit' in that situation, but I don't have anywhere near the self-control and self-confidence that Dank has.

Meds, you may be right regarding the eroding inspiration, but you can also be a kid on the bench thinking while you're having trouble against an aggressive team that if the twins can continue to battle while being pounded you can. I suspect it's a mixture of opinion on a player by player basis. Continuing with the image/stereotype idea, recall in the 2013 playoffs that Daniel threw an open-ice hit on Wingels and got a penalty for it. In OT.
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Reefer2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Puck wrote:Reef, you may not be able to define cliche, but you can certainly give a nice example of it. ;) The whole thing about this is he didn't need to stand up for himself. He knew he could handle a few shots from the wee moron. He was trying to do what he had to to win. YOU needed him to stand up for himself. YOU were embarrassed. Did someone harass you for being a Canucks fan at the water-cooler the next day? If some generally-accepted tough guy took a bunch of shots, you'd all be leaping around saying how incredibly tough that is. Instead, for Danny, it's just more self-propagating opinion. Most media editorial material is built on the premise of somewhat arbitrarily taking a position then using all means necessary to support said position, whether it's correct or not and whether it's current or not. You could argue that the Sedins were labelled soft in their first six months in the league and no one has bothered to revise that initial gut-reaction label in the subsequent decade.

Incidentally, I would have 'gone apeshit' in that situation, but I don't have anywhere near the self-control and self-confidence that Dank has.

Meds, you may be right regarding the eroding inspiration, but you can also be a kid on the bench thinking while you're having trouble against an aggressive team that if the twins can continue to battle while being pounded you can. I suspect it's a mixture of opinion on a player by player basis. Continuing with the image/stereotype idea, recall in the 2013 playoffs that Daniel threw an open-ice hit on Wingels and got a penalty for it. In OT.

Lol - you have no idea what your talking about.

End of story.
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Puck wrote:Reef, you may not be able to define cliche, but you can certainly give a nice example of it. ;) The whole thing about this is he didn't need to stand up for himself. He knew he could handle a few shots from the wee moron. He was trying to do what he had to to win. YOU needed him to stand up for himself. YOU were embarrassed. Did someone harass you for being a Canucks fan at the water-cooler the next day? If some generally-accepted tough guy took a bunch of shots, you'd all be leaping around saying how incredibly tough that is. Instead, for Danny, it's just more self-propagating opinion. Most media editorial material is built on the premise of somewhat arbitrarily taking a position then using all means necessary to support said position, whether it's correct or not and whether it's current or not. You could argue that the Sedins were labelled soft in their first six months in the league and no one has bothered to revise that initial gut-reaction label in the subsequent decade.

Lol - you have no idea what your talking about.

End of story.

*you're
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby micky107 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Everybody is such a lovely mood right now. :devil:
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BladesofSteel » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Might have something to do with the constant derailment of threads during what is the busiest weeks of the off season. Save the regurgitated crap for August and contribute to the thread ffs.
"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come." -Det. Lester Freamon
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Back to the draft at hand - Patrick had surgery prior to draft, out 4-6 weeks currently.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2017/ ... draft-2017
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:01 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:Might have something to do with the constant derailment of threads during what is the busiest weeks of the off season. Save the regurgitated crap for August and contribute to the thread ffs.

But but...Benning only drafted Virtanen cuz Gillis hadn't cleaned out his desk yet...
nobody forks...with the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Puck wrote:Incidentally, I would have 'gone apeshit' in that situation, but I don't have anywhere near the self-control and self-confidence that Dank has.

He'd searching for gender neutral washroom if I was involved.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Topper wrote:
Puck wrote:Incidentally, I would have 'gone apeshit' in that situation, but I don't have anywhere near the self-control and self-confidence that Dank has.

Ze'd be searching for gender neutral washroom if I was involved.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Might have something to do with the constant derailment of threads during what is the busiest weeks of the off season. Save the regurgitated crap for August and contribute to the thread ffs.

But but...Benning only drafted Virtanen cuz Gillis hadn't cleaned out his desk yet...

110%

Benning didn't get a chance to strut his Genius'ness until the 2nd round. Gillman and the Gillis posse wanted nothing to do with the 2nd round and beyond
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:51 pm

You are

Stupid English language.
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:08 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

110%

Benning didn't get a chance to strut his Genius'ness until the 2nd round. Gillman and the Gillis posse wanted nothing to do with the 2nd round and beyond

What a load of shit.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby olpaddy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

110%

What a load of shit.

LMFAO Blob

olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat