The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, might as well get it started. It's a forward heavy top end of the first round, and as it is becoming quite evident, we will picking there. Forward pile we will be grabbing from. Fuck defenceman, we can't score, the Sedins are done, we need forwards. Plus it's not a strong D class in 2017.

Patrick - Centre - Canadian
Vilardi - Centre - Canadian
Comtois - LW - Canadian
Rasmussen - Centre - Canadian
Mittlestat - Centre - American
Glass - Centre - Canadian
Tippitt - RW - Canadian
Poehling - Centre - USA
Hirschier - Centre
Klostin - RW - Russkie
Tolvanen - LW - Finn
Vesalainen - RW - Finn
Andersson - Centre - Swede -
Petterson - Centre - Finn
Necas - Centre - CZE
Bowers - Centre - Canadian
Robertson - LW - American
Yamamoto - RW/LW - Canadian
Strome - LW - Canadian
Popugayev - RW

I be happy we come out of this with one of Vilardi or Patrick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by SKYO »

Well the good news with all the losing is we don't have to tank on purpose at all.

Canucks are:
30th in GF (16)
30th in SOG p/g (25)
30th in score adjusted Corsi (43.3%)
That leads to a top pick!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:Well the good news with all the losing is we don't have to tank on purpose at all.

Lol
I suppose its inevitable now. The team is trying but the horses are weak.
I am enjoying watching the team as theyre giving it their all I just wish they had some guys who could throw em and stand up for each other. Go down swinging ya know
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:Well the good news with all the losing is we don't have to tank on purpose at all.

Canucks are:
30th in GF (16)
30th in SOG p/g (25)
30th in score adjusted Corsi (43.3%)
Lol this team could easily be 1-6-2 if not for some really good luck.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pros ... 017-draft/

patrick can even scrap it out.

sell vets, go for NP.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

So hard to say what will happen in this draft, just way too early. Perhaps after the WJC we will start to see some guys separate from the pack, other than Patrick and perhaps Liljegren that is. Comtois has been below average to start the year and I haven't seen many others yet. Perhaps somebody makes a huge push like Laine did last year.

One thing seems to be getting more certain though, that the Nucks will be picking in the top 10 so it will be another good draft to follow.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Even if we finish 30th, we are not winning the lottery? It's just how it is with the Canucks. So with that in mind we should stop dreaming about Patrick and focus on the scraps beyond him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What roster players can vancouver move that might bring back high first round picks? For them to be high they would have to be younger going to teams that feel they're close and just missing a piece or 2 but inevitably fail and suck their way down to the bottom.

Horvat and Boeser are pretty well completely off the table unless its for the 1st overall.

So whos left with that kind of value and which teams can you see taking that kind of risk?

Edler, Tanev, Hansen, Virtanen, Sutter are probably our most valuable roster assets that could possibly appeal to a marginal contender that may be willing to risk moving their 1st rounders...anyone else?

I see Winnipeg as a team knocking on desperate with enough young assets already in their system where they may put thwir 1st up AND may fall to a top 3 draft slot.

Florida maybe as Barkov is slumping to start the year and they may start twitching

Nashville was hyped up after the Subban trade but they have a few guys badly underachieving. Theres potential there for a real bad season.

Dallas is stinking it up but no way they fall far enough for a high pick.

Any other teams come to mind?
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Even if we finish 30th, we are not winning the lottery? It's just how it is with the Canucks. So with that in mind we should stop dreaming about Patrick and focus on the scraps beyond him.
Ya know RD there is a first for everything, like you going to rehab....aha sorry brah.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watch out for this Hischier kid. climbing the rankings fast.

Vilardi, Tippett, Rasmussen, Mittlestat all having good seasons

Unfortunately Patrick has been out with an injury, concerns that he may not be back til the new year
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Watch out for this Hischier kid. climbing the rankings fast.

Unfortunately Patrick has been out with an injury, concerns that he may not be back til the new year
BC boy Michael Rasmussen is growing on me, a 6'5 center!? mean with skills?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhoc ... 18476.html
Michael Rasmussen from Surrey, BC, playing for Tri-Cities in the WHL, is a 6'5'' 203 lb centerman. He is an April 1999 born player. He scored 18 goals, 43 points in 63 games in his rookie WHL campaign this past season as a 16-year-old.

A hometown 6'5'' centerman with skill, consistent intensity and a physical edge?
Ras seems like a future Getzlaf, awesome around the net.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Watch out for this Hischier kid. climbing the rankings fast.

BC boy Michael Rasmussen is growing on me, a 6'5 center!? mean with skills?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhoc ... 18476.html
Michael Rasmussen from Surrey, BC, playing for Tri-Cities in the WHL, is a 6'5'' 203 lb centerman. He is an April 1999 born player. He scored 18 goals, 43 points in 63 games in his rookie WHL campaign this past season as a 16-year-old.

A hometown 6'5'' centerman with skill, consistent intensity and a physical edge?
Ras seems like a future Getzlaf, awesome around the net.
I like the sound of Ras
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He's an interesting prospect definitely but I wouldn't call him a natural playmaking type centre. He plays more like a winger
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Does Las Vegas pick in this one? If so, we may as well forget about that #1 overall pick. What's the consensus on this Rasmussen kid?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Lancer wrote:Does Las Vegas pick in this one? If so, we may as well forget about that #1 overall pick. What's the consensus on this Rasmussen kid?
Yes, they get the same odds as the 3rd worst team in the draft lottery!

As for Rasmussen, took a little read through this HF thread about him.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... 789&page=2

Apparently now 6'6" 215lbs. Plays with an edge, definitely a power forward type centre, big net presence, good hands.