The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:A little of the goings on draft day... ;)

Jim Benning Mic'd Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ApK-RKqdc

That was fun. Thanks!

Ditto! :thumbs:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Cornuck » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:09 am

They must edited out the part where he says, "Hey - what are the guys at the Corner suggesting?"
2016 - The Road to 65™
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby micky107 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 am

Cornuck wrote:They must edited out the part where he says, "Hey - what are the guys at the Corner suggesting?"

He had an ear wig for that. Hush-Hush. ;)
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BingoTough » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:35 pm

micky107 wrote:A little of the goings on draft day... ;)

Jim Benning Mic'd Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ApK-RKqdc

That's what goes for "Genius" around here? Sheesh. Genius maybe, shrewd... not so much.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:32 am

RoyalDude wrote:No to Pettersen please, at 6'-2" 165 lbs this will be Brad Ference all over again, hearing constantly about the struggles of making him stronger to play in the NHL. Shit I don't even think Nedved was that skinny. Pettersen's brother is 23 years old, he is 6'-2" as well but managed to reach a whopping 173 lbs! No thanks, draft Glass or Tippitt instead, if Vilardi, Liljegren and Mittlestat are off the board

:)
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:11 am

His slick skill set has made me a believer. Benning knows
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:37 am

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
olpaddy wrote:Juolevi for his sake I hope that this team doesn't sign a d-man in free agency...

Personally I think Juolevi is at least a year away.

And no way does the Genius sign anyone that would block him on the left side.

Don't forget Edler is only with us for two years maximum.

As an aside, Edler to Ottawa to play with Karlsson makes a lot of sense amirite? :mex:

II don't see it with Edler in Ottawa they are still trying to get Dion to waive... Its one thing for Burrows to waive to get closer to home and go to Ottawa its another for Edler to Waive to go to a team who isn't a lock to win anything & to go to a Canadian city... U don't think the GM re ups 23???

Doc Im know scout don't profess to be one or anything like that but I have seen Oli play live 10-12 times in the last two years... I think he is a nice player I like him as a player but when u draft in the top 5 I need more than nice... Thats where Walt Jr comes in to play... I think hes Oli Maata and I like Oli Maata like him alot but not at 5th overall...

Pacific Blue if u read this chime in IMO if Juolevi was in a draft with Makar Heiskenen and Rasmus Dahlin I think he is the last blueliner picked.. No shame in that by any means but I hope people don't make the kid out to be a saviour.. Doc I think he is two years away..

Boi ole Boi the old school rock em sock em hockey template is still valid with some. Don Cherry dingbat'ism running rampant, aaaahhhhgain

Paddy old friend whats the deal, do not tell me you are suffering from some kind of inferiority complex like the Blob and DougINs MacKenzie? Next thing ya know we will all be arguing who's Dad is tougher. You win by your first line skill and sorry the soft Sedins are our first line skill guys and not Getzlaf and Thornton. The way the ball bounces sometimes but to displace that aggression on drafting a Finn defenseman instead of a retaliatory cry baby winger is, well, comical and not intelligent discussion. Come on Paddy, you're better than this. You being upset that Juolevi will not apparently be the next Doughty, Karlsson, Burns, OEL to make up for not drafting a dumb ass cry baby face washer who beats up euro Wennbergs is pretty sad my friend. Olli is a very good prospect, accept it. Accept that he's not Brent Burns

Sidenote My ol man is tougher :P anyways Listen the game has changed, but one thing that will never change is intimidation... The game is a skating game a skill game BUT the team that has won back to back Stanley Cups with the Best Player in the game went out and traded for Ryan Reeves... intimidation will always be a part of this league in some form...

My thoughts on Juolevi remain the same I think he is a nice d man to take a d man that high he should be a top pairing guy a 1 or at the very least no worse than a 2 Best case scenario in two years is he a 2nd pairing guy He is Oli Maata... Both guys played in London Both guys roughly similar stats similar builds Juolevi could fill out like Maata who carries probably 20-25 pounds on Juolevi... But if the Pens came to Pacific Blue and offered you Oli Maata for the 5th pick in 2016 or Maata for the 5th pick this year I kinda think I know what your response would be.. I just thought Walt Jr at 5 last year Provided more Value to this team...

As far as the Twins go They will probably be re upped not based on merit or their play but new deals will be given because they are mentors... I don't feel that they are cutout for that role... I get they are the faces of the franchise but turning the other cheek to the point where they have had their dignity taken away... Thats no exaggeration its sickens me it absolutey sickens me to watch... it reminds me of My Bodyguard u remember that classic Pacific Blue with Chris Makepeace who was a tour de force in one of the littlest Hobo episodes any ways Chris make Peace hires a body guard to protect him from Moody but he takes a shit kickin and then he runs away turning the other cheek

sorta like this

fortunately in the movie there is redemption not unlike a Bob Marley Song sweet redemption... Chris Makepeace stands up for himself versus Matt Dillon's moody with the Help of Chucks Spy handler.... I also feel that as long as these twins are involved with this club on ice we will never see redemption we will always run away or get speed bagged or dive or have Joe Thorton ask us to smell his fingers... We deserve a happy ending Pacific Blue

Classic film Paddy !!! I like how Linderman stepped up and knocked Mike out. The real question is who wins between Chris Linderman and Buddy Revell ?
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat