The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lmao Dude exposed once again. He has the same look in his eyes when his wife caught him on Freestyle Friday at the Dufferin.
The last time I've seen that look was at 1:45 of this video mind u I've had a couple of beers tonight but this is just so good... wait for it 1:45 in CLASSIC... LMFAO

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
olpaddy wrote:LMFAO Blob

[youtube]
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. That clip made it seem to me that those were Benning's choices.
The guy was the Canucks GM for a fucking month before the draft. Surely to Christ he was in charge of the draft list. Whaddya wanna bet if Virtanen scores 6 goals in 10 games to start the year, Dude is Listerening his teeth with Benning's jizz?
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
olpaddy wrote:LMFAO Blob

[youtube]
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. That clip made it seem to me that those were Benning's choices.
He runs the show he made the decisions good or bad for those that seem to think he had handcuffs on by another regime or people left over I give you Exhibit B your honour... Crawford Bowed up Lorne Henning is like DAFUCK IS WRONG WITH U look on his face Linden is looking like a Deer caught in Headlights Stan Smyl is thinking I have survived 6 regime changes and keep getting promotions but the GM stayed strong in his convictions...

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

olpaddy wrote:He runs the show he made the decisions good or bad for those that seem to think he had handcuffs on by another regime or people left over I give you Exhibit B your honour...
OK, I get it now, and I agree with you. I just found the comment confusing.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Might have something to do with the constant derailment of threads during what is the busiest weeks of the off season. Save the regurgitated crap for August and contribute to the thread ffs.
But but...Benning only drafted Virtanen cuz Gillis hadn't cleaned out his desk yet...
110%

Benning didn't get a chance to strut his Genius'ness until the 2nd round. Gillman and the Gillis posse wanted nothing to do with the 2nd round and beyond
Since you want to attribute the pick to Gillis, and we know that you associate nothing good with him, does this mean that you have given up on Virtanen ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
olpaddy wrote:He runs the show he made the decisions good or bad for those that seem to think he had handcuffs on by another regime or people left over I give you Exhibit B your honour...
OK, I get it now, and I agree with you. I just found the comment confusing.
Have I given up on Rodin? No. He's a Gillis pick. Its no secret Benning prefered Nylander but also didn't mind Virtanen, to a lesser extent. If the Gillis poison wasn't still lurking 2 months after Gillis was fired by Rogers Arena, Nylander would most likely be a Canuck. Gillman was seen in a video, while Gillis was still GM, drooling while talking about the possibilities of drafting Virtanen

Gilman, Henning and Crawford handed the reigns over to Benning after the 1st round.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cool story dude.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Cool story dude.
Bubbles? I thought you'd be out parading the streets of Poco with your 2x4 of molson canadian just losing it native style this lovely sunny Canada Day?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote: Its no secret Benning prefered Nylander but also didn't mind Virtanen, to a lesser extent.
Really? According to whom?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rockalt wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Its no secret Benning prefered Nylander but also didn't mind Virtanen, to a lesser extent.
Really? According to whom?
The voices in Dudes head.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Dude has been mangled so many times
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A little of the goings on draft day... ;)

Jim Benning Mic'd Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ApK-RKqdc
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:A little of the goings on draft day... ;)

Jim Benning Mic'd Up

That was fun. Thanks!
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:A little of the goings on draft day... ;)

Jim Benning Mic'd Up

That was fun. Thanks!
Ditto! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

They must edited out the part where he says, "Hey - what are the guys at the Corner suggesting?"
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."